main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What If the Empire(Ep 4-6)went back in time to Episode 1?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Darth Sean, Jan 14, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minako Kawamura

Minako Kawamura Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 1999
    This is amazing! Well done!
    I cannot wait to see the interaction between the characters especially, hopefully, the young Obi-Wan and Luke.

2. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Thanks for posting the idea in the first place Darth Sean.

Coruscant
    Section 327

Mara Jade spent the next two days overseeing work on the time machine. She spent minamal time with the staff, wanting to keep her identity private. After all, she was the Emperor's Hand. One of her jobs was to hide her identity. The only two she came in contact with were Moff Jerjerrod and Dr. Tharon.

Mara considered her mission ahead. The time machine would be sending her twenty-three years into the past to the Queen's homeworld of Naboo. To Naboo, roughly two weeks after it had been reduced to rubble by Darth Vader, under the Emperor's command. It had been believed that Queen Amidala had been killed there but obviously she survived.

Amidala herself wouldn't be there. No, she would have escaped by then. Still, she could search the ruins for her palace. The palace had a shelter that could withstand a planetary bombardment. Again, Mara knew Amidala wouldn't be there but she had a strong feeling the shelter would give some clues as to where she and the Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi had fleed to. The shelter included files to the palace communications array. Yes, she was indeed sure of it.

Her communication board hummed, signaling that the Emperor wanted to communicate with her. Mara turned on the communication board and there came the image of the Emperor before it. Mara bowed.

"My master."

"How goes the machine." Palpatine said.

"The coordinates will be on-line shortly, master," Mara replied. "Then I will depart for the past."

"Good," Palpatine said. "You have been a dependable and loyal servant to me Mara. Complete this mission sucessfully and I will make you my apprentice. You will become a Sith and rule the galaxy at my side."

Mara gasped. The Emperor's apprentice. All that power. What is would mean to her.

"What about Lord Vader, master." she said.

"Lord Vader is to be disposed of. He has disappointed me for the last time. He is on his way to Coruscant, I will have him...eliminated."

That sent a chill up Mara's spine.

"Do not fail me, Mara Jade."

"I will not, my master." Mara replied with a bow. The Emperor smiled and his image disolved.

Mara Jade stood there silently for a while. Palpatine would have Vader disposed of. She doubt any of his agents could do that. She believed Palpatine knew that as well. Still, she did not doubt the Emperor's judgement.

Mara exited her room and went to the main labrotory. She entered it and their is was standing before her...the time machine.

A huge, black wall with only one open space. When the time machine was activated, a glow would emenate from it. Go through that glow and it would take you back into the past or the future.

Little was known about it. It was like nothing Mara had ever seen before. It was believed to have been a machine used by an ancient and long-dead civilazition that exsisted thousands, perhaps millions of years before the birth of the Old Republic. Whatever it was, it was powerful. An such power could be the ultimate weapon for anyone.

Dr. Tharon stepped before her.

"Mistress, the coordinates have been set. We will be activating the machine shortly."

"Good, has my equipment been ready."

"Yes indeed," Tharon said pulling out a comlink that a person could put around their wrist. "This comlink will help you return from your journey into the past. In order to return to the present, you will have to activate it from the spot in time that you entered." he said and explained to her a little bit more.

When he was done, he turned back to the machine and said

"I am activating the machine...now."

With that, the machine came to light. Energy plused all around it and the middle burst to light with a white glow.

Mara checked her belt to check on her lightsaber. She had built it recently and was beginning to use it with a warrior's grace. She had a feeling it would be put to good use on this mission.

With that, Mara faced the machine and ran to the glow. She went through it and for a

3. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    I added a name to this story. In the Hands of Time. It sounds too much like the Sands of Time but it was the best I could think of.

Deep Space
    Twenty-Three Years in the Past

Former Republic general Obi-Wan Kenobi sat in the bridge of the Queen's royal starship looking out at the starlines. It seemed to be the only thing he would do now. He was on the run, along with the pregnant former Queen of Naboo Amidala Skywalker, a woman he swore to protect from the Empire.

Six months. Six months he and Amidala had been on the run, along with the droids C-3PO and R2-D2. Six months since his best friend and former apprentice Anakin Skywalker had betrayed the Jedi. Six months since the Empire had gained total control of the Republic. Six months since the destruction of the Jedi Temple. Six months since he fought with Anakin on the lip of Mount Sulluest. Six months since he had killed his best friend.

Obi-Wan got up and left the bridge. Walking around the ship. In the corner, he saw Threepio sitting on a chair next to the work table, temporarily deactivated. R2-D2 was doing some diagnostic checks of the engines. Obi-Wan reached the end of the war to the door that led to Amidala's quarters.

Quietly, he walked in. Amidala was asleep know. That was good because Amidala had barely slept since Anakin had left her. She would need her rest now that she was carrying twin children.

Obi-Wan thought back to the course of events that led to where they were now. After his battle with Anakin, he returned to Naboo to tell Amidala. He found Naboo under siege by the Emperor's forces. Obi-Wan managed to avoid the Star Destroyer's and land on the planet. He then fought his way to the palace under siege.

When he stepped inside, he found nothing but death. Captian Panaka and the Queen's handmaidens were dead. Obi-Wan had feared Amidala was killed as well.

When he reached her quarters, he found stormtroopers surrounding the Queen. He managed to kill them and save Amidala. He then noticed another grisly site. The body of Jar Jar Binks, killed by blaster fire while protecting the Queen. Obi-Wan sighed. He had considered Jar Jar a "pathetic lifeform" when he first met him. He was wrong. Jar Jar gave his life to save the Queen. Obi-Wan would never forget Jar Jar's bravery.

Obi-Wan and Amidala fled Naboo on the Queen's starship along with the droids. By the time they were in hyperspace, Naboo had been left in ruins. A testament to the grim glory of the Empire.

Damn Palpatine. It was he all along manipulated the events of the galaxy. The Trade Federation of Naboo, the Clone Wars, Qui-Gon's death.

Then, he turned Anakin to the Dark Side and they turned there fury toward the Jedi. Anakin, on Palpatine's orders, entered the Temple and confronted ten of the members of the Council. He killed them all, including Mace Windu. Using the Dark Side of the Force, he used an ancient Sith technique to completly destroy the Temple, killing all the Jedi in the Temple. Since then, Palpatine's troops had taken over the Empire and wiped out more than half of the Jedi.

Damn Palpatine! Obi-Wan thought. He promised he would kill him if he could.

But even Obi-Wan wasn't as powerful as the Emperor and he knew it. Anakin's children however, might. Obi-Wan could sense that the two would be powerful and together, they could topple the Empire. Obi-Wan had to protect them.

Protect Amidala as well. Obi-Wan turned to his dear friend, who was sleeping quietly. Poor Amidala, Obi-Wan thought. She lost so much...her husband, her planet, her friends. She didn't deserve it. Obi-Wan wished he could do more for her. He cared for Amidala so much. Amidala was his friend. He would protect her and her unborn children or die trying.

There friendship had been a source of jealousy for Anakin, who had accused Kenobi of lusting after his wife. Obi-Wan had denied. He loved Amidala, of course but as a friend. He had never felt romantic feelings for her. Still, Anakin had accused him of everyth

4. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999

The Executor
    Heading for the Coruscant System

"Lord Vader, the Emperor demands that you make contact with him." Admiral Piett said.

"Very well," Vader said. "Patch it through to my quarters."

"At once, my lord." Piett replied.

Vader left the bridge and headed for his quarters. He had no doubt the Emperor would contact him. There was no way around it. Still, it was an annoyance and one he did not need right now. He knew Mara Jade had traveled back into the past to execute the Emperor's plan. He could not afford to lose more time.

Vader entered his quarters and turned on his holo-projector to face the Emperor's image. He did not kneal, as he usually did before the Emperor.

Palpatine's image came to life.

"Lord Vader," he said. "I am curious to know why you have returned."

"Yes, my master," Vader said. "Some important business have come to my attention on Coruscant that I need to deal with."

"I see. Perhaps we should discuss this...business when you return."

"Of course, my master. I will arrive at your palace shortly after I land." Vader said with a bow.

"I have no doubt." Palpatine said, and with that his image flicked and disappered.

Vader stood silently for a moment.

Discuss your business...not likely. Vader knew what that meant. Palpatine was going to try to kill Vader. He had either view Vader and a threat or a disappointment and no longer had use for him.

You are going to try to kill me, master. Good luck.

With that, Vader turned to his communication console, opened a private channel to Admiral Piett and said

"Admiral. Prepare my TIE fighter for depature. I will be leaving for the Emperor's palace in fifthteen minutes."

Piett hesitated for a moment, not sure what Vader had in mind but nodded his head and ordered Vader's fighter to be prepared.

Vader left his quarters on the Executor for the last time and headed for the flight deck. He was now an enemy of the Empire. That meant everyone from the Emperor down to the lowliest stormtrooper would be after him. Vader didn't care. If he had to go threw the Empire's combined miltary forces to save the life of his son, he would do just that.

Vader took of on time and head for Coruscant. Several minutes later, Vader was closing in on Coruscant. He knew where to locate this Section 327. He could feel where the disturbance took place and would land near there. He would enter the section and travel back into time to stop Mara Jade.

Coruscant came into view, complete with the usual space traffic. Although he loathed to think of the past, he remembered back to the first time he saw Coruscant all those years ago. He remembered how blown away he was at the size of the planet. It was nothing, however, next to the power of the Force.

As Vader approached, he saw six small ships breaking from the other ships arriving and leaving the planet. It didn't take him long to figure out what they were. Imperial TIE fighters and they were heading straight towards him.

So it had begun, Vader thought.

Getting the jump on the TIE fighters, Vader opened fire before they did. He destroyed the lead TIE fighter. The fighter next to it took it's place and the same result. Another kill for Darth Vader. Only four to go.

The TIE fighters opened fire on Vader's ship. A barrage of lasers head toward Vader's ship. Using his considerable skills, Vader managed to dodge all of them. He broke threw the pack and straight past them. The TIE fighters followed in pursuit.

Vader was far superior to the pilots and had the Force with him, but even he would have trouble losing the fighters. He looked ahead of him. He would be entering Coruscant shortly. An idea struck him.

He plunged his ship straight into the planet. The fighters followed. Vader knew what he had to do. He would take this fight straight into the city maze of Coruscant!

Part 2 will be later. Feedback?

Darth Pipes

[This message has been edited by Darth Pipes (edited 02-03-2000).]

[This

5. JediZuke

JediZuke Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 1999

BRILLIANT !!!!!!!!!!!

6. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Coruscant

Vader's TIE fighter plunged down into Coruscant. The four pursuing TIE's followed. Now before Vader were the magnificent buildings of Coruscant.

Vader had flew through Coruscant's cities many times in the past but never with a TIE fighter flying at such high volocity.

Vader weaved his ship in and out of the buildings, sliding past one and then the other. The speed of the TIE had knocked people down on city roofs and had air taxis dodging for cover. The TIE's continued their pursuit. They tried to lock their weapons on Vader's ship but were unsucessful. Vader was moving too fast.

Vader looked around for some advantage he could use. He found one.

A large, floating holo-billboard lay to his side. A holo-billboard was promoting some obscure transport company known as THXShipping. Vader saw his opportunity as the four ships closed in on their pursuit.

Vader fired at the engines that keep the holo-billboard a float. The engines were destroyed and the billboard came crashing at the enemy TIE's. Three of them managed to avoid the billboard but the lead TIE wasn't so lucky. The heavy metal billboard came crashing into the TIE fighter, destroying it.
    It's wreckage crashed down into the streets of Coruscant, sending the citizens running.

Three down, Vader thought. Now it was time to go on the offensive.

With that, Vader's TIE fighters engines hit full throttle, extending his lead on his pursuers. He then turned the TIE into a sharp right turn and the ship slingshoted around a tall building. Vader was now face to face with his pursuers and he opened fire.

The TIE on his left was destroyed. The other TIE managed to fly past him but Vader matched his manuever and now he was the hunter, pursuing the TIE through the mighty building of Corucant during rush hour. The ship came within his targeting computer and Vader fired his blasters, destroying his enemy.

Behind his mask, Vader smiled. After all these years he was still the best star pilot...

BOOM! A laser bolt hit the top Vader's left wing sending his ship into a spin. Vader corrected it and looked behind him to find the last remaining TIE in pursuit of him. The TIE flew after him at a suicidal pace, firing it's blasters and nearly crashing into a building in his pursuit of Vader. The fighters laser shots hit several buildings and an air taxi, sending debris crashing down on to the streets.

In his cockpit, Vader cursed himself. He got careless and had forgotten about the last TIE fighter. He would not do that again, he thought as the TIE continued to fire furiously at him.

Moving quickly, Vader cut his engines power in half. He slowed and the pursuing TIE flew past him, coming into his targeting range.

"I have you now." Vader said and fired his lasers. The last TIE fighter was completly destroyed as it went up in a ball of fire.

With his enemies defeated, Vader rose slightly to fly just above the massive buildings of the planet. It was now time to find the section.

It didn't take long. Vader was able to sense the section quickly because of the disturbance in the Force it let out. The section was located underground and Vader landed the vessel near a series of passages he believed would lead him to it. No normal human would be able to find it. But a Sith would.

I'm going to post a third part to this. Later.

Darth Pipes

[This message has been edited by Darth Pipes (edited 02-04-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Darth Pipes (edited 02-09-2000).]

7. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    I'm going to post again late tonight. We'll get back to Luke and Leia soon.

Darth Pipes

8. Darth Sean

Darth Sean Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 1999
    Brilliant!Absolutley brilliant!

I'm going to make sure I check back in tonight!Excellent work,Darth Pipes!

9. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Thanks. Part 3

Coruscant
    Section 327

Vader had been right about the series of passages. It did lead him to Section 327. Using the Force to find many of the passage ways and in some cases to find his own, it took him little more than an hour to get inside.

He surfaces in a cargo room and made his way to the labortory. He made quick work of the few stromtroopers in his way and finally reached the labs doors. They were locked so he used the Force to open them.

He entered the room and found the time machine. It impressed even Vader. A maginficent structure, like a great black wall with an energy field in the middle. Quite impressive indeed.

He also saw two indivuals. The first was Moff Jerjerrod. He was a sector governer. In reality, a minor bueacrat that the Emperor strung like a puppet. Vader had never had any use for that spineless boot-licker.

The second was Dr. Sen Tharon, the head scientist of Section 327. Vader was familiar with him. The man was quite intellegent and the Emperor often used him on several projects.

Vader approached the center of the room where Moff Jerjerrod smiled and said

"Lord Vader, we've been expecting you."

With that, a dozen red caped guards with spears entered the room and surrounded Vader. Members of the Emperor's Royal Guard, some of the finest warriors in the galaxy.

"By order of the Emperor," the guard in the center said, stepping forward. "You are too be eliminated."

Vader took out his lightsaber and ignited it. He looked around him. Twelve guards against one. Looks like the odds are in his favor.

"ATTACK!" the lead guard said and all twelve guards rushed him. Vader executed a perfect back flip and the guards no longer surrounded him. He then charged the guards, knocking them all down.

Using the Force, he flung the guards against the hard, durasteel walls. Their bodies hit with a sickening thud.

Moving swiftly, he cut down two more guards. The next guard he faced began swinging his spear at Vader. The Dark Lord dodged and ducked every swing. He then responed by yanking the spear out of the guards hand, spinning around and thrusting his saber through the guards chest. The guard behind him thought he could sneak up behind Vader but Vader responded by beheading him. Six guards had been dispenced with in less than a minute.

The next guard then took out a blaster and shot at one of the support beams above Vader. The beam came crashing down but Vader managed to avoid it with a roll.

When he reached his feet, two of the guards tackled him, knocking his lightsaber out of his hand. Soon, all six guards were holding on to him, hoping to bring him down. It didn't work.

With a tremendous demonstration of strenth, Vader flung all six guards off of him, sending them flying in every which direction. With the guards down, Vader used the Force to summon his lightsaber. Turning his attention to the guards, he said

"That...is quite enough."

With that, Vader went into a fury, slashing away with his lightsaber. He began to cut down guards left and right. Arms, legs, and heads flew everywhere, as did the blood. The blood hit the walls, the machine, even the Dark Lord, whose mask was know a crimson one. The last guard left alive, who had just lost his leg, was trying to reach his spear when Vader stepped in front of him, raised his lightsaber and plunged it through the guards body.

When it was all said and done, Vader, covered in his opponents blood, was on top of a pile of the bloody, dismembered bodies of the Emperor's royal guard. It had taken him only three minutes to accomplish this.

With the guards disposed of, Vader turned his attention to Jerjerrod and Tharon, who were still in the room in absolute shock over what Vader had just done. Vader walked over to the two, grabbed them by the throat and lifted them off the ground. They struggled in his grasp.

"I want to know everything about this machine and about the Emperor's plan." he roared.

Vader spent the next hour listening to the two frightend mens

10. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    Keep up the good work, Darth Pipes!

11. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    I'll post again tonight. The next ones will deal with Mara Jade and Darth Vader. Then we will get back to Luke and Leia.

Darth Pipes

12. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Naboo
    The Naboo Royal Palace's Shelter

Mara Jade completed the final connection hookup between the shelter's main computer and the alien comlink on her risk. If her plan proved sucessful, she would be able to locate the whereabouts of Queen Amidala.

She had arrived at the palace a few hours earlier. Or what was left of the palace. It was in absolute ruin. The only thing that remained was the shelter, which was obviously built for the purposes of protecting the Naboo monarch from a plantary bombardment.

The shelter also had several other purposes. It housed a computer system used by the Queen's security fores for military purposes and stored various kinds of information. Mara hoped to use this computer along with the comlink to find the Queen's royal starship.

The ship had been unaccounted for when Naboo was destroyed. It had been assumed it was destroyed. Perhaps with Amidala abroad it, for the Queen's body had never been found. Now that it was known by Palpatine she had indeed survived, it was likely she escaped abroad this vessel that she had used often.

As for the alien comlink that Mara wore, it had many functions. One such was the ability to "slice" into a ships communication device. Mara had studied the information about this ships systems that the Emperor had provided. Among the information she discovered was a way to access the ship's communication system without being detected. This was only known to the Queen and her Chief of Security. Although it sounded risky to have a feature on a ship, many planetary leaders use to have it in case of security purposes, such as the ship falling into enemy hands. Now, Mara Jade, the Emperor's Hand, would use it to locate the Queen and fufill her mission.

She would have to do it swiftly. An hour ago, she sensed a great disturbance in the Force. She knew what it was. Darth Vader had traveled back in time to stop her. He knew more about this planet then she did. It would not take him to long to arrive at the palace. She had no doubt she could defeat Vader. The Dark Lord had always looked down of her and her abilities, but she was more powerful than he, or the Emperor, had thought. Soon, they would find that out. Soon, the entire galaxy would know the power of Mara Jade.

Mara made the final connection set-ups and sent out of "slicer field" connection to the Queen's starship, hoping to make some contact. If she was sucessful, she could tap into the ship's communications and not even be noticed by any one on the ship.

It took quite some time but she finally got access to the starships communication system. She then downloaded the most recent communications sent and received from the vessel. She quickly closed the channel. She was sure she had done it without alerting anyone. She then set about reviewing the most recent communications. After a quick search, she found the information she was looking for.

A message sent by Obi-Wan Kenobi to Ki-Adi-Mundi. He informed Mundi that he and the Queen would be arriving on the planet Drayos by the end of the week.

Mara did a quick search on the computer on where to locate this planet. Drayos was located on the outer rim territories. It was sparsely populated and was home to a long-abandoned military base. No doubt where Obi-Wan and the Queen would be heading.

Ki-Adi-Mundi. That name Mara knew. He had been one of the last surviving members of the Jedi Council. He had not been present when Vader had destroyed the Council or the Jedi Temple. He had been on his homeworld of Cerea, leading an unsucessful defense of the planet against the Empire. He had escaped and was later killed at...

Drayos. He had been killed on Drayos fighting the Empire, the same planet that Obi-Wan and Amidala would be heading.

Mara smiled. This was too perfect. While the Jedi and this resistence mentioned in Obi-Wan's communications were fighting the Empire, she could slip between the cracks and kill the Queen.

Yes, this was good indeed. With the Queen's death, Mara Jade c

13. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    I just edited the rest on my previous post.

Darth Pipes

14. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999

Naboo
    The Ruins of Theed

Darth Vader continued to make his way through the ruins of Theed. Although he tried to ignore them, many images came flooding back to his mind as he looked at the ruins.

The Naboo parade. His return to the planet after ten years of training under Obi-Wan. His courtship and marriage to...Amidala. He remembered them all. It began to fill him with a sense of...

NO! Vader thought. That was his past. Anakin's past. The past that belonged to an insignificant man in another time. He was no longer Anakin Skywalker. No longer a frail and weak man. He had shed that identity years ago, lost forever the moment he had crawler out of that lava pit twenty-three year earlier. He was Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith. That was all that matter.

Vader continued his swift journey to the Queen's palace. He knew this planet too well and would be at the palace shortly. He would then show Mara Jade what a true master of the Dark Side could do.

Vader saw a mountian in front of him. Behind it was the ruins of the palace. All he had to do was climb over it.

Suddenly, a ship roared in the air, heading out into space. Vader looked up and knew who it was instantly. Mara Jade. She had found what she was looking for and was heading to find...Amidala. He was too late.

Suddenly, his wrist comlink communicator began beeping. Vader activated the button next to it, opening the communication channel.

"Mara Jade." he said, neutrally.

"Ah, Lord Vader," Mara Jade said. "It is so good to see your trip through time was a safe one. It is unfortunate that you will spend it trapped on this planet while I eliminate your wife and your son."

Her words infuriated Vader. He knew that she might be right. There was likely no ships left on Naboo after the Empire got through with it. He might very well be trapped her.

Yes, he could return to the future but he could not come back to the past. He had learned from Tharon and Jerjerrod that more than one trip through time and back would kill a person, even if that person was strong in the Force. Multiple trips through time could destroy the very cells inside of a beings body and dissolve them into nothing. Vader cursed himself for not traveling in time an hour ahead of Jade but he had not had the time with the Emperor's forces closing in on the section. He was stuck in the past until he could deal with Jade. However, it might be too late.

"Do not underestimate Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jade," Vader warned, trying to control his anger. He would not let this woman get the best of him. "He was...is, one of the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy, and a formitable opponent."

"Yes, indeed," Jade said mockingly. "Except I will do what you couldn't do in this time. Eliminate him. And he will not leave me as a helpless invalid, as he left you."

Vader was infuriated. Now Jade was mocking him and his injuries. When he got his hands on her, he would make her pay.

"Now, my lord, I leave you," Mara said. "You know, this planet will one day make quite an archological discovery. Maybe in a thousand years, you Lord Vader, will even be worth something." With that, Jade cut off communications.

Vader turned to his side to see something coming down from the side. It was Mara Jade, abroad an N-3 Naboo royal starfighter. It was headed for him.

From the cockpit of the starfighter, Mara Jade fired two proton torpedoes. It hit the mountain behind Vader, causing the rocks and debris to come crashing down.

Vader saw this and made a Force-enhanced run away from the rocks. He could not outrun it. The rocks and debris overtook him, buring him in a mound of rocks and debris.

Mara Jade took her starfighter in for a closer inspection. She wanted to make sure she had gotten Vader.

She combed the entire area. She sensed nothing. Vader was dead, killed by the hand of Mara Jade. The Emperor would be pleased.

With her last bit of business on Naboo, taken care of, Mara pointed her starfighter upwards and into space, leaving Naboo far b

15. Fribble

Fribble Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 1999
    hee hee i have a feeling that mara's in for a surprise

good writing
    i was a bit skeptical when i saw the title, but never mind

16. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999

Naboo
    The Ruins of Theed

Like the entire planet, the city of Theed was in ruin and very quiet.

The pile of rock and debris caused by Mara Jade's destruction of the moutain lay several feet high. Any person caught in that would surely have been killed.

Suddenly, an arm emerged from the rubble. Then a second one. The arms picked up a piece of debris between them and then the figure of Darth Vader emerge from the rubble, breathing heavily and covered in dirt. Vader got to his feet and was suprised to find himself exactly laughing.

Foolish girl. Did she really think this would stop him, Vader thought. He had survived a week consumed in moltan lava. He had survived a full scale force battle against the Jedi Council that left the Jedi Temple and six blocks of Coruscant completly destroyed. Did she really think a mere mountain could stop Darth Vader? And this was the woman who was suppose to replace him as the Emperor's second-in-command.

However, Vader knew he had problems. It was quite possible the ship Mara Jade escaped on was the last left on Naboo. He need to find one and fast. He was already losing too much time to Jade. If only he could locate...

A sudden thought hit him. There was one ship he hadn't considered. One that the Empire might not have wasted their time destroying. It was located in the Muesuam of Naboo.

Vader made his way towards the muesuam. When he got there, he found it in rubble just like the rest of the planet. Using the Force, Vader cleared the rubble as he made his way through the muesuam.

It was located in the back, Vader thought. He had been there when it was dedicated to the muesuam.

Clearing the last of the rubble, Vader found exactly what he was looking for. He was suprised to find it in relatively good condition, considering it had long since been retired.

In front of him was an N-1 Naboo royal starfighter...the same one he had flown in the Battle of Naboo all those years ago.

Vader did a visual check of the ship. It had been decomissioned but the hyperdrive, communications array, and the engines were still intact. However, they would need to be repaired and recommissioned. Laser cannons were still on the ship but they obviously were emptied, as well as the torpedo array. Still, he wasn't concerned with whether or not he had weapons. He just needed to get to wherever Mara Jade was going. This would be difficult but he had proven long ago that he could fix anything, including an outdated, decommissioned ship.

Vader went to his belt where he had a small tool kit. He rarely carried such things know but did bring it along on certain missions such as this where he might need to make use of his technical skills. Vader then preceded to get to work on the ship.

It took him an hour to fix the engines and an hour to fix the hyperdrive. It had been difficult with the old wires and the cross-circuiting he had to do but he still managed to do it. With that, Vader climbed into the cockpit to work on the ships systems.

Removing his wrist comlink, he hooked it to the ship's main computer. Although this technology was insignificant next to the power of the Force, Vader was still impressed by it. This comlink alone served many functions. Now it was helping him to fix and update the ship's systems. He could get this ship on-line and running better than it was when it was still active. The alien civilzation that had built this were quite advanced, indeed. When he became Emperor and crushed the rebellion, Vader promised himself that one of his first actions would be to explore the Unknown Regions and see if he could find more of this technology.

Vader finished his final computer updates for the ship. He keep the comlink connected to the ship. He would have other purposes for it shortly.

Vader closed the ship and activated the engines. This might mean the last chance he had for getting off the planet in time to stop Mara Jade.

The engines roared to life and the ship hovered off the ground. He did it. In the bac

17. Fribble

Fribble Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 1999
    2 pages!
    see the last post on the last page. which has my feedback and proof that I am a Jedi since I can see into the future

18. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    You know I'm enjoying it!

Seriously, you're doing a great job -- putting together a well thought out story very quickly.

Keep it up!

19. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    My thanks Fribble and ami-padme.

20. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    My next post will be on Wednesday. I just need a little more time to work out thte Luke and Leia story.

Darth Pipes

21. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Will post again tomorrow. I have worked out what I needed.

Darth Pipes

22. Jedi Windu

Jedi Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    To the top. This is great.

23. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999

The Coruscant System

The Imperial shuttlecraft Tydirium made it's way through space on course to Coruscant.

Inside the ships small cargo hold, Leia wield the lightsaber of Qui-Gon Jinn as she deflected another shot from the seeker droid floating above her.

This was difficult for her at first but she was starting to get the hand of it. She blocked another shot, and then another.

Luke watched Leia, very impressed. In a short amount of time, she had managed to learn the basics of lightsaber use, as quickly as he had three years earlier. He had been practing with her on how to use a lightsaber during this journey to Coruscant.

Luke himself had also managed to use Qui-Gon's lightsaber on the trip. It was a fine weapon, worthy of the Jedi Master who had previously wielded it. Now that it was known Leia was also strong in the Force, Luke thought it was important for Leia to begin to learn how to use it. Luke was no master, not even a full knight but he began to teach Leia all he knew. So far, she had made great progress. This was good, for the mission ahead of them might require both the children of Skywalker to utilize all their skills.

As Leia continued her exercises, Luke thought back on the events of the last few days. After their meeting with Yoda and Obi-Wan, the two had returned to the rebel fleet and met with Mon Mothma.

Convincing the leader of the rebellion to let them go through this mission was not easy. They had to explain the whole situation to them. About the Emperor's time machine, his mission to kill their mother, about Darth Vader, and the effects it could have on the galaxy.

Mon Mothma had been suprised to learn that Luke and Leia were the children of Queen Amidala and Darth Vader. She had met the Queen early in her own political career, and was familiar with the Queen's role in forming the rebellion. Still, Mothma was still skeptical about letting Luke and Leia go to Coruscant.

It was only after Leia's plea that she relented. She could tell from the seriousness of Leia's words that this mission was too important. Indeed, if the Emperor had found a way to travel in time and kill Amidala, then the rebellion might not be formed and Leia and Luke would not be born.

Besides, she trusted the two, especially Leia. Despite some differences the two had had in the past, Mothma respected Leia and considered her a friend. She would not turn her back on her friend.

She agreed to allow them to go through with this mission and had turned to Admiral Ackbar and General Madine. The two military officers had been even more skeptical then Mothma about such a dangerous mission but agreed to help go through with it.

They helped devise a plan. Luke and Leia, along with a rebal commando team, would travel abroad a stolen Imperial shuttlecraft the rebels had recently acquired. They would use an Imperial code to help them land. They would later make contact with a rebel agent of the planet who would help them find the facility.

Shortly thereafter, they were off. When the two were finished reviewing their plan with the commando leader, Colonal Wes Jakked of the rebellion's special forces unit, the two retreated to the cargo hold where Luke helped Leia learn the nature in the Force.

"AAAHHH!" Leia screamed, breaking Luke's thoughts. The seeker ball had broke through her defenses and fired a shot into her back, droping Leia to the ground.

Luke shut off the seeker, and went over to Leia.

"Are you all right." Luke said as he helped Leia off the ground.

"Yes, I'm fine," Leia said, dusting herself off. "I shouldn't have allow that to happen."

"You did well Leia, considering this was your first time using a lightsaber."

"Still," Leia said. "I should have had it. I was...

"Thinking of Vader." Luke said, interupting her.

Leia sighed as she switched off Qui-Gon's lightsaber and walked to the corner of the cargo hold. Luke followed her and place a hand on her shoulder.

"He's there Luke," Leia said. "He in the past, we both sensed it. I...just don't

24. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999

The Coruscant System

Luke and Leia made there way to the bridge. When the door opened, they came face to face with Colonel Wes Jakked.

Jakked was a tall, imposing man in his mid-forties. He had brown hair and eyes.

Jakked had earned his reputation as one of the best special forces soliders in the rebellion. He had led his twelve man commando team into over a hundred missions behind enemy lines, destroying enemy targets and gaining valuable information. Their last mission had included the theft of this Imperial shuttle. It was rumored the man took part in over twenty assasinations.

They saw the scowl of Jakked's face as he looked at them.

"Your late."

Jakked and his co-pilot, a man named Latch, got out of their pilots seat. Luke took over the pilot console, Leia the co-pilot console. Jakked and his second took the seats next to the two, operating the operations console.

Before Luke and Leia was the planet Coruscant. It had the normal amount of space traffic. Luke prepared for the ship to pass Central Command.

"Are you sure this code will pass?" Luke asked Jakked.

"It's an older code but it will past. Then we can get you to your time machine and you two can go wherever the hell you want" Jakked responed, adding that last line with some annonyance.

Luke understood why. When Jakked had been told he would be leading a mission into Coruscant, to bust into a secret facility, and travel back through time, Jakked had looked at them like they were growing second heads. But he complied, as the solider he was. Still, he hadn't hid his annoyance at this mission.

The Tydirium continued it's way to Coruscant. A beep on the comlink signaled that Coruscant Control was contacting them. Luke turned it on. The controller said

"We have you on our screen now. Please identify."

"Shuttle Tydirium requesting permission to land at Imperial Square Spaceport." Luke said.

"Shuttle Tydiruim, transmit your clearance code to land at the spaceport." the controller said.

"Transmission commencing." Luke replied.

"Now we find out if that code is worth the price we paid." Leia said.

"It'll work." Jakked said.

Several seconds past.

"What's taking them so long?" Luke said, turning to Jakked.

"There Imperials. You know how they are. One of them probably had an idea and the other ones are crowning him Emperor." Jakked replied, bringing a smile to Luke and Leia's face.

"Shuttle Tydirium, you have permission to land." said the controller.

"Thank you." Luke said, turning off the comlink and piloting the ship straight down to Coruscant and the spaceport.

The atmosphere soon filled up with the magnifcent buildings of Coruscant. Luke looked at it, quite in awe. He had never been to Coruscant before and despite what he had seen, was still impressed with this world, completly covered in cities. It was so huge. Luke also noticed that some of the buildings had been hit by blaster fighter. A battle, on Coruscant? Luke had an idea who was involved.

Luke landed the shuttle at the Imperial Square Spaceport. It landed and the ramp opened. Luke noticed a few Imperials coming towards the ship.

"I'll take care of this," Jakked said as him and Latch left the bridge and off the ship. Luke and Leia followed shortly thereafter.

Jakked and Latch were gone for a little while but came back dressed in Imperial uniforms. They headed for Luke and Leia and shortly thereafter, the entire main section of the ship was filled with Jakked's commando team.

"All right, listen up," Jakked called out. "You know the mission. We are heading for Imperial Square where we will meet with a member of the Coruscant resistance named Nin Dinub, a Sulluestan. He will take us through the sewers and to this Section 327 and to this time machine, where Skywalker and Organa will...go back in time. That will be Micro's department to get that working. We will then return here and return to the fleet. Latch and Haamas."

Two of his soliders stepped forward.

"You two stay in the shuttle. We have permission to

25. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    You're doing an excellent job with this story. I had a similar time travel premise in mind, but you beat me to it and beat me nicely. I only have one little characterization gripe within the story: Mara Jade. Yes, she was very good at what she did, but as Luke pointed out to her, she was not steeped in the Dark Side because she was a dutiful servant. She had no ambition nor any of the selfish tendencies that would make her a Sithlord. Similarly, she hadn't that great a strenght in the Force. Therefore, Vader could eat our beloved redhead for breakfast any day of the week.

But I'm sure we'll soon find that out. Or similarly, you could have Obi-Wan kick the stuffing out of her.

Keep up the great work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.