main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What If the Empire(Ep 4-6)went back in time to Episode 1?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Darth Sean, Jan 14, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    The 100th post.

YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm excited. This is my first thread to have over one hundred post. My thanks to everyone.

Darth Pipes

2. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    My next post for this story will be within the next seven days. I'm sorry that I have not been updating this lately but I'm at a point now where it is difficult to decide where to go with the story from here. I will finish it one day. I promise.

Darth Pipes

3. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Well we'll still be here. Your doing great. As long you continue there will be no murders. If you don't well thing might get ugly.

4. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Will post again later today.

Darth Pipes

5. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999

Drayos
    Miltary Base Auditorium

The auditorium was beginnig to fill up for the morning briefing as Obi-Wan Kenobi entered.

Obi-Wan looked around the room. The room was filled with many different races, most noteably Bothans and Cerans. Obi-Wan also saw some of his fellow Jedi. The Jedi Master Don-Wan Kihotay. Tubocca the Wookie Jedi Knight. The beautiful Devlin knight Neea Danquis. Despite all the suffering that was going on in the galaxy because of the Empire, it made Obi-Wan feel good to see these races of free people come together, most likely putting aside any type of differences between them.

Obi-Wan walked up the stage, which was filled with some of the resistence leaders, the most promient of which was General Basek Ter'lya, Mundi's Bothan second-in-command. Obi-Wan also found C-3PO and R2-D2 on stage with some of the communication officers, bickering about something. It looked like Threepio was still steamed about Artoo's comment the other day.

Still, there was one figure Obi-Wan didn't see. Scanning out through the crowd below, Obi-Wan spotted Amidala in the back with other members of the resistence leaders. Their eyes met and the two looked at each other. Neither one of them moved.

I have to talk to her about last night, Obi-Wan thought. We have to get things settled between us.

Just then, the side doors leading two the stage slid open and Ki-Adi-Mundi and Sylvn entered. The room became silent as the two made their way onto the stage.

Obi-Wan saw Sylvn approach and smiled at her. Sylvn smiled back.

Ki-Adi-Mundi took his place at the center of the podium and began his morning briefing. He went over the usual bit of business. Status reports, meeting with contacts, and so on. He noted that the droids C-3PO and R2-D2 were instrumental in decoding several Imperial messages involving various projects.

As Mundi continued on, Obi-Wan's mind began to concentrate on the disruptions in the Force he had sense in the last few days. It had bothered the Jedi that he was still unable to discover what they were. He had talked to Mundi and the other Jedi about it and they were unable to sense what it was either.

The worst part was Obi-Wan kept feeling further ripples in the Force and had a feeling this "disruption" would involve everyone in the base. This concerned him very much as he continued to listen to Mundi's briefing.

"As you know, we recently sent Captain Hallington and his crew to Xtarri," Mundi spoke as everyone began to pay even closer attention. "It is there that we hope he can make contact with General Derek's resistence group in hopes of forming an alliance between the two of us. If we can get him to agree to join us, our resistence can begin to take on a stronger offense against the Empire."

"However," General Ter'lya said, stepping forward to join Mundi at the podium. "It might take Captain Hallington several days to find Derek and convince him. In the meantime, our first priority is too get the planetary deflector shied operational. If we double our efforts, we could get it operational in about a week. I will be supervising this work."

"Most of our planetary weapons are operational," Mundi said. "Only a few more and this planet will be at completey armed in case of an Imperial attack.

To oversee this and our military forces will be General Kenobi. Sylvn will serve with the General as his second-in-charge."

At the mention of his name, Obi-Wan stepped forward and walked over to Mundi and Ter'lya. Mundi knew what he wanted and gave the podium over to Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan looked out at the audience and began to address them.

"There is one other matter I would like to discuss," Obi-Wan said. "Over the past few days, I have sensed several disruptions in the Force. These aren't the same as a regular disturbance. Something is...unnatural about it. Master Mundi and the other Jedi here have sensed it as well. I am unsure of what it is, but I have a strong feeling it has something to do with Palpatine."

The mention of Palpatine'

6. Marie D Padawannabe

Marie D Padawannabe Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 2000

Cool...keep going! I want more Luke and Leia!
    (pouts and realizes she looks about 5)!

Heehee!

Marie

7. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    It'll be a little while before we see Luke and Leia but don't worry Marie. I'm going to make sure it lives up to it's potential.

Xtarri
    Aboard the Star Destroyer New Order

Admiral Lord Damon Raynar watched from the bridge of the Star Destroyer New Order as the world of Xtarri was consumed by flames. A man in his mid-forties, the admiral was a tall, regal man with black hair and green eyes. He stood strong with his olive-green admiral's uniform. Strapped to his waist was an old-fashion, ceremonial sword. His left hand rested on the hilt of the sword as he watched the carnage below him.

The armada of four destroyers lead by Raynar had just laid waste to the planet and the resistence it held. General Derek's resistence force was the latest destroyed by Raynar in the past six months. With the apparent death of the Emperor's enforcer Darth Vader, Palpatine had put the Admiral in charge of crushing any resistence to the Empire.

Raynar had lived up to the expectations. Six resistence cells had been destroyed under his command, the largest of which was Xtarri. His fleet had left the planets in ruins, their resistence force unprepared for the imperial bombardment. Their base and ships were completly destroyed. The planets inhabitants, those unconnected with the resistence, were calling into the New Order, begging for help. Admiral Raynar just ignored them. If they were to die, then they would die. It would be a message to the galaxy about what would happen to all planets that allowed a resistence cell to spring up on there planet.

Raynar continued to look out of the viewscreen. Six resistence cells down but he knew there was more still remaining. It was his duty to find them and destroy them.

It was always duty when it came to Lord Damon Raynar. The son of nobility on the planet Aeon, Raynar had always been among the most powerful individuals of the Republic. Heads of state, ambassors, senators, everyone who had influence in the government. Anything he ever wanted as a child was given to him.

At the age of 17, he entered the Academy and graduated four years later in the top five percent of his class with an officers commission. He quickly worked his way up the ranks and was given command of a starship at thirty.

With the outbreak of the Clone Wars, Raynar was promoted to Commodore and participated in some of the heaviest fighting of the government. He was decorated as a hero by the Supreme Chancellor himself.

When that Chancellor named Palpatine proclaimed himself Emperor and formed his New Order, Raynar was the first member of the miltary to support him. He believed in the Emperor's vision and would do what it took to help him. Palpatine rewarded him with a promotion to the admiracy. Now he had become one of the his most important officers.

There were those who dismissed Raynar's abilities because of his families influence. Lord Damon had always scoffed at that. Those people were fools who underestimated his abilities. The fact of the matter was he was the best officer in the fleet and had a military mind matched only be Admiral Thrawn. He was the best and that is why the Emperor had so much trust in him.

The Emperor's trust could be a very powerful and rewarding thing. With Vader's death, the Emperor was looking for a new second-in-command. Admiral Raynar intended to be that man. He would prove to the Emperor in this campaign that he was worthy of such an honor. Being the Emperor's enforcers would give him more power than one could ever dream possible. Raynar would not lost that opportunity.

Still, Raynar put those thoughts aside. The Rebels were still out there, and until they were all destroyed he still had a duty to perform. It must be taken care of.

Raynar turned away from the viewscreen and headed to the turbolift. Once there, he ordered the computer to take the lift to the detention level. It was there he might learn of another resistence cell.

While his Star Destroyers bombarded Xtarri, a Corellian crusier had come out of hyp

8. Leggo My Eggo

Leggo My Eggo Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 1998
    Pipes, glad to see you back in action! I had thought you had made up that one Jedi Master's name as a joke....the takeoff on Don Quixote was funny....but seriously, loving it!

9. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    I have just edited in the rest of my previous story post.

Darth Pipes

10. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    My next story post will be late tonight.

Darth Pipes

11. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999

Drayos
    Military Base

"She is still not speaking to me," Obi-Wan said, breaking the silence between him and Sylvn. The two had just spent the entire day overseeing the bases weapons and supplies. They were finishing up their final check-ups.

"Give her time Obi-Wan," Sylvn said. "This is a difficult choice she is facing."

"I know," Obi-Wan said. "Still..." he voiced trailed off as he finished the last weapons check-up.

"Finally finished," Sylvn said with a sigh of relief. "All weapons in this base are now fully operational."

Obi-Wan was very impressed with Sylvn. Despite the fact that she had grown up on a world that shun technology, she had shown an amazing ability to deal with machines and programming. She truly was a remarkable young woman.

"That leaves only the planetary deflector shield," Obi-Wan said. "With these weapons ready, the Empire will not be taking this planet without a fight."

Obi-Wan and Sylvn then reported the news to Ki-Adi-Mundi via comlink. When that was done, the two headed out of the compound and to the main base.

"Would you care to join me for a walk, Obi-Wan," Sylvn said.

"I would be happy to Sylvn," Obi-Wan said.

The two spent the next hour walking through the forest exchanging stories about their lives. Obi-Wan told her about his early days of Jedi training. About training under Yoda, and then Qui-Gon. He also told her about Anakin. About when he use to teach him and when they stormed the galaxy as master and apprentic. That thought made Obi-Wan smile. Those had been good times. How long ago those days were now.

Sylvn told Obi-Wan about her early childhood, being the first child of Ki-Adi-Mundi and how his family grew to include four honor-wives, six more daughters, and a son. She also talked about the time where her relationship with her father was almost destroyed by the Pro-Tech movement on her planet. She had joined the movement, embracing the technology and adventure it offered. Instead, it nearly cost her her life. She was rescued by her father and the two began to patch up their shaky relationship.

The problems caused by the Pro-Tech movement showed Sylvn what could happen when people of different viewpoints disagreed with each other. A year later, she joined the Republic's Diplomatic Corps. There, she would help worlds by inner turmoil or with other planets. It was difficult and often dangerous work but Sylvn hung tough and became one of the Corps best diplomats. It had been part of her life for more than a decade.

Obi-Wan listened intently to Sylvn's story. He also watched her as well. Her eyes, her smile. He noted how the glow from the moon radiated off her face, enhancing her natural beauty. Sylvn looked up at him and with an amused grin said

"You are very quiet Obi-Wan."

This suprised Obi-Wan somewhat.

"That is how I am. I have always been like that although I might point out that with you I have said more than I have said to anyone else on this planet," he added that last part with a bit of playful humor in his voice.

"A'Sharad was like that as well," Sylvn said, quietly and with sadness.

"A'Sharad, you mean A'Sharad Hett, your father's former padawan," Obi-Wan said.

"Yes, A'Sharad Hett," Sylvn said, again very quiet and sad.

"You were close to him, weren't you?" Obi-Wan asked.

"Yes, the two of us were romantically involved. We had been for some time. I remember when my father first brought him to Cerea. He had just recently met him on Tatooine and had agreed to finish his training. A'Sharad had been raised on the planet as a Tusken Raider. As such, he had often been uncomfortable around others, especially considering they all had exposed faces. As you know, Tuskans conceal there faces. It took awhile but our family eventually befriended him and he became one of the family.

Our relationship stared years later after he had become a Knight. By then, he had long since abanoned his Tusken facial wrappings. He spent some time on Cerea before he became a night and the two of us fell i

12. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    Awwwwww...

Very sweet.

13. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999

Drayos

It was the dead of night when the old N-1 Royal Starfighter landed in the tall grass of Drayos. The cockpit opened up and out came Darth Vader.

The tall grass was several feet high and tall enough to hide the starfighter from others on the planet. Vader made his way through the tall grass until he finally got out of it.

He reached a hill and descended up it. When he reached the top, he looked across the land. Beyond it, was the rebel military base. There he would find Mara Jade.

Vader reached out with the Force to try to find her. He knew he would not be able to. Sith and other Dark-siders knew how to cloak their apprence. The Emperor had taught Vader this, and he know doubt had taught Mara Jade this as well.

Still, he knew where he would find her. She would stay close to the camp. That way, Vader could not attack her for fear of drawing attention and possibly altering the timeline. It was a clever strategy on Jade's part.

Vader had studied the theory of time travel many years earlier. About how even the slightest change in the past could conceivably have great consequences in the future. He would have to be very careful not to draw attention to himself.

Vader also knew there was another presence he felt on the planet. He knew this one all to well. Obi-Wan Kenobi. His former teacher and friend. And if Obi-Wan was here, that meant that Amidala would be with him.

Obi-Wan...the name burned in Vader's mind. How he would love to face him one more time. The day he had killed Kenobi on the Death Star was one of his proudest moments. Still, it left him with somewhat of an empty feeling. Kenobi had somehow vanished when Vader struck him down. He didn't suffer, he didn't fall in two, he simply vanished. Even with his understanding of the Force, Vader still could not explain what had happend to him.

"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful then you can possibly imagine."

That had been the last thing Kenobi had said to him. Had Kenobi indeed found a way to live on in this galaxy that Vader did not know about? Did he truly become more powerful that he could possibly imagine? Perhaps he should kill Kenobi now instead...

No, he could not. He had to consider several factors. The timeline for one. Plus, it had been Obi-Wan who had kept Amidala alive long enough to give birth to Luke. Obi-Wan had been the one to train Luke as a Jedi. Vader was forced to admit that Obi-Wan had done well with Luke. Already at a young age, Luke had destroyed the Death Star and had held his own in a duel with him. As much as he hated to admit it, he needed Obi-Wan alive to eventually bring Luke to him.

His mind drifted to Amidala his...Anakin's wife. It had been even longer since he had saw her last. Anakin had loved her very much. She claimed that she love him as well. But Vader knew that was a lie.

She did not love him. She only used him for her own purposes. For years, she and Obi-Wan had held down Anakin Skywalker. They had tried to keep him from reaching his full abilities. Obi-Wan never even wanted to train him in the first place. He was only obliged to Anakin because of a death wish from his former master. It had been Obi-Wan who was responsible for the death of his mother. It was Amidala who had given Obi-Wan the japor snippet that Anakin had made for her when he was just a child.

Obi-Wan had denied Amidala had given him the snippet, but Anakin knew the truth. He knew Obi-Wan had lusted after Amidala for years, and the feeling were mutual. He knew they were having an affair behind his back. They both denied it but Vader knew they were lying. They both hated Anakin and used him for their own purposes. The Emperor had been right in that regard. Vader didn't need those two and as far as he was concerned, even in this timeline, the two of them were dead to him.

Clearing his thoughts, Vader began to consider his strategy. The base was five miles from there. He would go by foot and hide out of the bases outskirts until the E

14. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999

Deep space
    Star Destroyer New Order

"Admiral Raynar," Commander Benton said, walking towards the admiral. "The Emperor demands that you make contact with him."

"Very well," Admiral Raynar said. "Patch the communication to my quarters. Captain Wilston, you have the bridge."

With that, Raynar departed the bridge and headed for his quarters. He made his way swiftly to his quarters and turned on his holo-projector.

Before him stood the image of Emperor Palpatine, formely Supreme Chancellor now absolute ruler of the galaxy. He was dressed in a black cloak with the hood pulled over his head. He now wore this when he was in public, the very few times he was in public.

Since consolidating his power two months ago, Palpatine had become increasingly isolated. Only his most important officers, aids, and servants had been allowed to meet before him. Raynar was one of those officers.

Raynar dropped to a knee and bowed his head before the Emperor.

"Your majesty," he said.

"What is your report, Admiral Raynar?" Palpatine said, his voice cold and emotionless.

"The rebel base on Xtarri has been completly destroyed," Raynar said, rasing his head. "Their forces have been crushed. With the destruction of Xtarri, that marks our sixth rebel resistence cell destroyed in the past six months."

"Good," the Emperor said. "I take it you are on your way to deal with another of these resistence cells?"

"Yes, your majesty. A cell located on the world of Drayos. It is led by the fugitive Jedi Ki-Adi-Mundi."

"Yes, I know," Palpatine said. "The planet Drayos has recently come to my attention."

Raynar seemed suprised by this. How was it that Palpatine always knew these things before something happend?

"I have sensed disturbances on Drayos," Palpatine continued. "Things the likes of which this galaxy has not seen. You are to make sure that Drayos is completly destroyed. First the resistence cell, then the planets surface itself. This is an important assignment Raynar. Do not fail me," Palpatine said, adding that last part with great emphasis.

Raynar stood his ground and nodded.

"I will not fail you my Emperor."

Palpatine nodded and a moment later his image flickered, and then disappeared.

Raynar rose and stood thinking for a long time. What was it on this world that made it so important to destroy. Was it Mundi, or the resistence...or just the planet itself?

Whatever it was, Raynar knew for sure what it meant. A golden opportunity for him to stake his claim as the Emperor's second-in-command. It would require him to defeat these enemies of the Empire and obliterate an entire planet.

Raynar knew the stakes. He would not fail.

Darth Pipes

[This message has been edited by Darth Pipes (edited 03-11-2000).]

15. Mon Calamari

Mon Calamari Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 1999
    This is awesome!

16. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    I will most likely post again late tonight.

Darth Pipes

17. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999

Drayos
    Military Base, North Tower

Amidala stood on the top of the North Tower on the Drayos military base. It was nightfall, and she stood looking out at the stars. It was a cold night and Amidala was shivering. But she had to come out here. She had to get away from everyone.

In the short time she was here, she had managed to fight with Obi-Wan and drive herself further into a depression. She had tried to be helpful to Ki-Adi-Mundi and the resistence while she was here. She participated in meetings with Mundi and his staff and oversaw some of the military forces here. Still, she felt useless here, magnified by the fact that she was six months pregnant.

Amidala sighed as she thought of her unborn twins. Obi-Wan had said it was best to brake up the twins. She had fought with him countless times about it and had finally managed to drive him off. She was totally alone.

She was also scared. Scared of the future and what it might bring. The Empire would continue to hunt her down. She would be moving constantly, trying to escape their grasp. She would have no one to turn to. Obi-Wan would be looking after her children. The thought of losing her children was almost too much to bear. They were the only thing she had left and now she would lose them as well.

Now, as she shivered in the increasingly cold wind, she realized that her future walked down an uncertain path with a destination that was unknown.

Suddenly, she felt a robe being put gently on her shoulders, offering her warmth. She turned around to find Obi-Wan, flashing a warm smile to her.

"Looks like you could use someone to talk to," Obi-Wan said. Amidala forced a smile and said

"I guess I do."

A sigh of relief left Obi-Wan. He was glad that Amidala was finally going to talk to him. Amidala turned back around and continued to stare out at the stars.

"You are right about the Empire Obi-Wan. They never will stop pursuing me once they discover I'm still alive. They will hunt me down until they kill me and the twins too."
    Her voice sounded detached and emotionless.

Obi-Wan didn't know what to say. Amidala had once again turned on that icey demeanor of her's that he had seen many times in the last twelve years. He just hoped his friend knew what she was doing.

"I don't blame you Obi-Wan," Amidala continued. "You are doing what you have to do by suggesting we seperate the twins."

"You know that I don't like having to even suggest it," Obi-Wan said.

"I know. It has taken me awhile to realize that. These are difficult times, for both of us. But we have to do what is nesscary."

Amidala turned around and looked Obi-Wan straight in the eyes. Obi-Wan met her glance.

"I'll seperate the twins," Amidala said, emotionless.

Obi-Wan breathed another sigh of relief. She had finally come around.

"You have made the right choice Amidala. The only choice," he said.

Amidala nodded. She continued to meet Obi-Wan's gaze.

"We have to seperate them, not just from the Empire but from each other," she said, her voice in that regal tone she often used for official business. "That will make it more difficult for the Empire to find them. You will take care of that Obi-Wan. I believed you mentioned that you have a brother you were thinking of having as one of the guardians."

"Yes," Obi-Wan said. "My brother Owen. He is a moisture farmer on Tatooine. I admit we do not get along but he and his wife Beru do not have any children. I know they would love to have one. They would be good guardians for the children."

"Good," Amidala said in that regal, unemotional tone of hers. "Then it is settled."

Obi-Wan was glad that he had finally managed to convince Amidala to seperate the twins. Still, he was concerned. He hoped that Amidala had made this decision because she truly believed it was the right descision to make.

"Amidala," Obi-Wan said tentatively. "Are you sure you want to make this decision. It is important that you...

"Yes Obi-Wan, it is the decision I want to make! Amidala snapped at

18. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Will edit my last post either Thursday, Friday, or Saturday.

19. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
  20. Marie D Padawannabe

Marie D Padawannabe Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 2000
    This absolutely is NOT the worst thing!! I
    LOVE this story...Keep writing!!

Marie

21. Alpha_Ferdante

Alpha_Ferdante Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 1999
    Okay, I'm one of your captive audiences, too. Silent, up to this point.

What a well done fanfic! I wasn't sure, first reading the subject line, but gambled and read on anyway. Sure glad I did!

22. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Thank you Marie and Alpha. Will edit my last story post soon.

Darth Pipes

23. Yo_da_one

Yo_da_one Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2000
    You won't keep us hanging, will you?

Sometimes it's best to leave the audience wanting MORE!!!!

Please?

24. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    All right, my report

I will edit my last story post on Saturday.

The Luke and Leia post will be on Tuesday and I will attempt to starting posting regulary.

Sorry for the delays.

25. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Dont worry about it. Doing great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.