main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What if the movie sucks?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Vezner, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    then we'll have 15 years of "J.J raped my childhood" [face_tired] ....actually irregardless of wether it's the best film ever made I'm sure we'll still get that.

I prefer to not think what if, just gonna go with the flow and enjoy the ride. Even if it sucks it's certainly made Star Wars relevant again, 2 years of posts about a film we hardly know anything about is proof of that.

2. klooney

klooney Jedi Master star 1

Jul 2, 2009
    It could be an incredible film far surpassing fan expectations, but fail to resonate with general audiences. Or it could be an enormous hit among the general public, yet disappoint most self-described Star Wars fans. Anything is possible. I'm certain that some people will be very pleased, and others let down, no matter what happens.

DarthBreezy likes this.
  3. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Even Mark Kermode's looking forward to it. And he's not the franchises biggest fan, let's say. Lol

vinsanity likes this.
  4. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    Then we'll have to hope that Rian Johnson makes up for JJ's folly.

5. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The movie will only suck if people attend the cinema with pre-established assumptions and conclusions based on the EU.

6. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I DON'T expect the film to suddenly, magically strip away all the years between when I was a kid and saw the SD endlessly crawl across the screen, or shock me with the 'No, I am your father" revelation that we had to wait THREE STINKING YEARS for resolution...

I EXPECT a rollicking good time, with old friends combined with new friends that will take away the cares of the world for a couple hours... everything else is gravy, especially the wait.

7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The only way this movie would suck would be if it was a two hour angry diatribe from J.J. Abrams directed specifically at me, personally. Even then, I'd probably still kinda like it.

Revanfan1 and DarthBreezy like this.
  8. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    I know this has been said before, but I truly hope that Abrams tones back the lens flare In Episode VII - I know it's been a running joke that all of his films have this, but I hope it's minimal here. Though I'm a huge film fan, I know nothing about the technical aspects involved in making films - however, it seems to me that this type of thing could be at least somewhat avoidable....especially if you're a veteran film-maker, like Abrams is....

9. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    It does matter if it sucks. Don't kid yourselves. Star Wars needs to keep that wonder and mystique that made the OT so cherished, though. If this increased production fails to retain that quality, then you'll start seeing a drop off at the box office...again. Let's not forget The Clone Wars movie and how that failed to make money.

10. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014
    What if it's even better than ESB? Will our hearts be able to handle it?

[​IMG]

Darth Malgus, Jcuk and I know like this.
  11. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    There better be an ambulance waiting outside the cinema if it turns out to be! Lol

Lurknomore likes this.
  12. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

The Clone Wars did quite well after it's initial start - and I for one thought it was intriguing after it grew on me - visually it was quite beautiful, and the series still has quite a following.

13. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    It's largely subjective. I think the film would have to be really poor for me not to enjoy at least some elements of it... be it the music, Hamill/Ford, or just returning to a GFFA in general (and I say this as someone not that appreciative of JJ).

Abadacus and DarthBreezy like this.
  14. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Or the OT which was just as bad. Probably worse.

mes520 likes this.
  15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    What is the movie ducks?

16. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    We'll survive. The sky didn't fall when the prequels came out. It can't be any worse than that.

17. Qui-Riv-Brid

Apr 18, 2013
    Yeah I mean when ESB failed to match the excitement and phenomenon of SW they still made another film.

18. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    And when ROTJ flopped, we had to wait until 1999 for a continuation...

19. Qui-Riv-Brid

Apr 18, 2013
    Exactly. I mean it was less of a flop than ESB which almost killed the franchise right then and there but still.

20. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    Don't worry, it's gonna be great.

21. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014
    If it sucks, i think we've been hardened by the Prequels a bit, and fan expectation can't possibly be higher than TPM and look how that turned out.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  22. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    I'm used to it.

23. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    According to this its going to be awesome!

vinsanity likes this.
  24. vinsanity

vinsanity Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2013
    [​IMG]

It would be quite an achievement if it came out worse than EP1 and 2. If it's better than Sith and Jedi awesome, if it's as good or better than ANH or Empire, there will be pilgrimage to JJ's home

if it sucks, hey, at least we'll have new Mr. Plinkett reviews to be entertained with :p

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  25. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    if it sucks, it would get me so mad, that i would walk out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.