main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if they re-released the Indiana Jones movies in 3 D?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by JohnWesleyDowney, Nov 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004

I wonder what that big rolling boulder at the start of Raiders would be like in 3 D?
    (I started thinking about this after seeing Beowulf in 3 D.)

It's probably gonna happen eventually, after all, we know that one day we'll see
    all six Star Wars films released in 3 D, so why not Indy?

2. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    YES! It would be great and I think it has a strong possibility of happening maybe for the Indy 30th Anniversary in 2011.

3. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    Man that scene with the angels turning into corpses will be a trip in 3D...

4. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Big ball+3D=WIN! :D

Agreed. That scene would look INSANE in 3D.

5. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I would be first in line.

6. Darth_Sidious-

Darth_Sidious- Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    I saw Beowulf in 3D as well, it was amazing. Indy in 3D would be too amazing for words.

7. Blonde_Handmaiden

Blonde_Handmaiden Jedi Youngling

Oct 7, 2007
    I heard a that they are making Star Wars and LOTR into 3D, they will most likely put Indy in 3D. I think I would go mad with happiness when I saw the scene where indy's in the map room in Raiders. It would look spectacular.

8. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Lucas was going rerelease the films in 3D this year for the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars, but the process proved to be more expensive than initially expected, so they decided not to do it. I could see where they'll do it for the 40th Anniverary. 3D movies should more common by then and the price of the conversion process will have most likely dropped. 3D Jedi duels=win. :D

9. Palpateen

Palpateen Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2000

I think people are eventually going to get tired of 3D. It's a fancy gimmick that's been around since the fifties, but it never seems to catch fire. I'd go see an Indy movie in 3D, but probably not all four.

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'm more along this way of thinking. I've never been a real fan of 3D and the "wow" factor it generated was lost as I grew up. I guess if it was done right, it could still look neat but I'm not thrilled with all the movies being transferred to 3D these days. Sure, if Indy got the treatment, I would probably go see it, but I'm not overly hyped about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.