main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if Vader learned about Leia before he knows about Luke// part one finished 8/23/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by VadeyFan2002, Nov 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    A heartfelt Welcome to all who came in to read this.

An OT Plot Bunny from Sophita at the writer's resource forced me to adobe it.

This is an AU story beginning with ANH.
    The scenes of ANH are all canon,except a few,where the story starts to differ.

It is based on the fanfiction story "father's heart" by FernWithy at
    www.dragonlibary.com/fiction/Star Wars or here at the Fanfiction Archive
    (it's mainly about the relationship of Vader and Leia before ANH)

Disclaimer:I don't own star wars or it's characters and i don't earn money from it.
    Just for fun and writing experience.

Thanks to:Sophita , Jedi Galadriel

I apologize for all the failures in my English,it's not my mother-tongue.And I'm starting without a beta.

Now,on we go!

________________________________________________________________________________________
    Part I:
    Leia, sitting in the detention cell aboard the Death Star, wondered what would happen next as she heard the heavy footsteps of stormtroopers nearing her cell. She collected herself for the interrogation, what would undoubtedly come on her. The steps came to a halt and the door slid open to reveal the looming shape of Darth Vader, an interrogation droid behind his shoulder. Stepping in, the Dark Lord said, "And now we will discuss the location of the rebel base!"

The door loudly shut behind him.

As the droid injected the truth serum and a strong pain inflicting one in the princess' arms and neck, Vader began to feel more and more uneasy about the entire procedure. For one, he didn't like having to cause the princess pain, neither physical nor mental, for he has known her since her childhood. Even that he was furiously angry with her for Kel Rejuo' death could not change that. Not so long ago, there was a time, then they were even close. The media had speculated about an intimate relationship between them. Such a thing would, of course, have never come to his mind. She had always been special to him, even if he could never put a finger on the why for sure.

Yes, she was one of the few non-corrupted politicians he'd ever known, and yes, she has a brilliant mind, compassion, a strong will and no fear, sometime it seemed even of him or the Emperor. There was something mystifying about her since she was a child; he never could touch a part of her mind.

The other reason for his uneasiness was that somehow he began to feel her pain in some sort of sympathy, which had never happened to him before. So he decided to cut it short and try to force invading her mind once more, in her now weakened state.

"Stop injecting the serum," his voice boomed. He advanced on her menacingly. "You will tell me the location of your base! NOW! Or I will rip it from your mind!"

"No, I will NOT! I don't know any Rebels and less their base," Leia answered, a bit puzzled by his sudden change in tactics.

"You leave me no choice, your Highness. You chose for yourself, than becoming a rebel against my strong advice."

With that statement Vader reached for Leia's memories, slightly embarrassed, that his force influence hadn't work on her. Still he had to push very hard to get through her mind shields. He only got a few pictures without any real value before she passed out, her mind going blank.

The last impression he got was that of his wife Amidala. He has seen Amidala's image in the secret part of Leia's mind before, when he first met her when she was only seven years old. That was what had piqued his interest in her in the first place. But every time he tried to touch that part, he ran into one of the strongest mind shields and got his focus tossed away by the Force. But the pictures he had seen now led him to the conclusion that they had knew each other in a much more intimate way than he'd ever guessed.

He left the cell in a confused state and headed for a place where he could meditate.

________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope I awaked your interest.

Edit: Did I mentioned that this

2. jendiggity

jendiggity Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    looks like an interesting idea!!! i'm curious as to where you'll take this. :)

3. DANA28

DANA28 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 15, 2002
    The only thing that is bothering me is the grammatical errors. Try and fix those quickly.

4. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    looks interesting,

try fixing those spelling and grammer errors though.

I will compliment you until you write more [face_shocked]

5. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    jendiggity : Thank you,and you have to stay to find out

Dana28 : I'm sorry for those,but I have none yet to help me with them.
    I don't have a program for it either.

none : Thank you.As for the errors,I'll try to get rid of them.

To get rid of the errors wont be easy,as English is only my second language and I'm out of school for 20 years now.

Again I'm sorry.

Now a question: Should I try to edit that post first or should I post the next,so you get an deeper feeling for the story?

BTW : Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Vadey

6. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    Is the post better now?

I think it still isn't perfect,but it was all I could do without help.

Vadey

7. Darthina_Christine

Darthina_Christine Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    This story could prove to be interesting... it has lots of potential :D I hope you continue!

8. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    Well, I commend you for doing such a good job with the English material you had. :) If you had a beta tweak this a bit, it'd be perfect.

9. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    Darthina_Christine :Thank you.I will continue as long as someone has an interest in it.

Darth_Fruitcake : Why,thank you. [face_blush]
    actually Sophita who has set that PB free aswell as Angel_queen offered their help.Now I have to decide,who should beta for me.

10. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    Hmm.. five readers till now,plus some lurkers.

Go to the top and find me some more readers.

11. Tatiana

Tatiana Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2002
    Interesting idea, I'd like to see more :)

But try to low the rythm of the text, now it's a way too fast. The reader can't catch with the characters. (I know it's hard, it's my greatest fault...)

Tatiana
    (Btw, know that you're not alone :) English is my third language, after Russian and French.)

12. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    daragiji Tatiana

Bonsoir,I like to see more to. :p

I've send the next post to Sophita.
    She offered to look it through.So I have to wait to.

I'm impressed you are that good at your third language.
    My first is German,Englich is second,third is French (two years of learning,never spocken out of school)
    And if you believ it or not I had tried Russian for half a year at school,too.

But the only one I'm good enough at is English.(beside German of course)

Do svidanje
    Vadey

Edit: I found the letters
    On my computer, but when I choose post, the board change them into a not to identyfy mess, sorry.

13. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Don't worry! I think you're doing an amazing job considering the fact that you're having to translate in your head.I envy anyone who is bilingual! :)
    * goes back to lurking *

14. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    Welcome Obi_Ew, it's nice to see you here.

I simply don't translate in my head.When I hear,speak,read and write English,I think in it,too.That's the trick.
    That of course leads to situations,I can't translate what I've said into German.Cause I don't know a fitting word or phrase,which expresses exactly the same.
    (shame on me.)

Vadey

15. little_Skywalker

little_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    hey this is great Vadeyfan

I think you have a great plot going on.
    I'm looking forward to more.

may the force be with you,Vadey ;)

~LS~

16. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    High LS

Thank you.
    As for more:I've send the next post to Sophita,but it seems like she went on turkey-vacation.

I have to wait,too.Sorry

Vadey

17. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    AngelQueen is now my beta.

And here is the next post.I hope you'll enjoy it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A while later, during the escape from the Death Star:

Luke and Leia met up again with Han, Chewie and the droids after their chase through the Death Star. Just as they began to think about how to get back in the Falcon, the Troopers and technicians gathered at the main entrance. "That's our chance. Let's get in the Falcon" whispered Han.

"Right. Chewie and me will go first to hide the droids in the compartment again. So if something goes wrong, at least they won?t be found," responded Luke.

"We protect your back and come right in after you're in," Leia confirmed. "Hurry!"

While Obi-Wan and Vader battled each other more verbal than with their sabers, Obi-Wan saw Luke and the Wookie boarding the freighter with the droids in tow.

"It is time to end this, so the twins can escape," the old Jedi concludes in his mind. He brought his lightsaber to a vertical position before his face, in some kind of last greeting and waited for the deathblow. As Vader leaded his saber in an arch to slice through Obi-Wan, he noticed Leia running towards the Falcon.

She stopped short while Obi-Wan disappeared into thin air and fired a shot at the control panel closing the entrance,
    efficiently interfering with the Imperial attempts of hinder their escape.

At the last part of the fight against the Death Star:

While Darth Vader pursued the Rebel fighters trying to get down the Death Star equator, he pondered his feelings. Those fighter pilots weren't a challenge and he began to regret coming out at all. He should have left it to the Ties.

But the feeling in the Force when Alderaan was destroyed, it disturbed him. Too much death in one single moment, without any difference among rebels, other scum or innocents (the children at least), lost to the Empire. That was why he disliked Tarkin's pet project.

But it was his duty to protect it at best he could. So as a result of duty and to have a distraction he was out here, too. Yet another trio made it's way down the shaft and he and his wingmen went right after them. The batteries stopped firing so as to not harm the Ties. Hunting after the X-wings, he became aware of the first one to be strong in the Force, untrained but somehow familiar. All of the incidents that occurred during Princess Leia's stay on the Death Star rushed into his mind. Obi-Wan's all too easy death, both of them noticed Leia's running to escape with the Falcon.

Would she have left while Kenobi still got a chance to escape, too?

Her strong mind shield came to his mind and her ability to withstand the most of that ever was thrown her way. Then another memory, her racing the speeder he had modified for her to get much faster.

Could it really be? Could she possibly know to fly and fight in an X-wing? Could the first pilot be her?

He saw that she had an excellent aim.

Yes, everything seemed to fit together.

As he concentrated on the here and now, shooting down the pilot next to him, one last memory hit him hard. The image of Amidala in Leia's mind. She seemed to have much in common with Amidala; in fact she reminded him a great deal of her. She even looked like her.

The shock struck home to him. Leia not only looked like Amidala and had a familiar force signature, she was a Jedi child. HIS child! How could he have been so blind?

I must think of something quick, killing my own child is not an option. She could be very useful. Vader debated with himself. I must find a way to shut down her fighter without destroy it and her. And best to test it on the other X-wing first.

Disabling Wedge's fighter went well. But to get the right target on the last remaining fighter was hard, cause to the force that was with that pilot. Vader missed his target and hit the astromech instead. Vader was so centered on not hitting wrong again, that he didn't noticed the shado

18. little_Skywalker

little_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    Woah Vadey! that was awsome! :D
    post more soon ! :)

~LS~

19. jendiggity

jendiggity Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    interesting. so now he has sensed luke but thinks it's leia?

20. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    LS:thank you again.

post more soon!
    Well,AG is a fast girl.She had betaed my next post.
    It is only a short one,but it is ready to be posted.

jendiggity:With the kind of info Vader has,it is logical to him.
    I've come to understand that all signatures of the Skywalkers are quite similar to each other.

I will wait for some more replies and after that post the short one as an Thank you for waiting for me to find a more permanent beta.

Vadey

21. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    No more replies?

Um...should I post or should I wait a bit longer and post after a good nightsleep?

I'm so tired.

Vadey

22. kasiaskywalker

kasiaskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2002
  23. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    Ok,here is the next short one:

Luke awoke with a start in the night after the Death Star-Celebration. Before his bed was the shimmering blue form of Ben Kenobi.

"Ben, is it really you," whispered Luke in an uncertain voice. "I thought you were dead."

"I am, but then I'm one with the Force now. It allows me to appear in this form to you," explained Ben.

"That's good. So I'm not on my own to learn to become a Jedi?"

"No Luke, there is still one Master, the best I have ever known, to train you," the old man answered. Luke let out a sigh of relief.

"You have to go to Dagobah and train under Master Yoda. He will teach you all what you need to know." Ben instructed.

"Dagobah where is that? I've never heard of it." Luke wanted to know.

"You have to follow the Force, it will lead your way," Kenobi explained patiently, a kind smile on his translucent face.

"But Ben?"

"Yes Luke?"

"What about the Rebellion, Leia and Han? They'll need me." Luke felt unsure of which wish of his heart to follow and this was apparent on his youthful face.

"They will have to look after themselves for a bit longer. You are of more use to them when you are trained in the way of the Force." Ben told him.

"But you can help them to evacuate this base,? He tried to lighten Luke's heart, but also gave him a stern warning. ?The Empire will soon attack, Luke.

After final instructions to rest, Ben Kenobi vanished from Luke?s view.

24. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    No one here?

25. Darthina_Christine

Darthina_Christine Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    O I'm here... just busy :D

I'm confused about your earlier post.... (post #2) Did Vader sense Leia or Luke in the X-Wing? I think its Luke.. but you know you can never be too sure :)

Great Posts! Keep it up! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.