main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if Vader learned about Leia before he knows about Luke// part one finished 8/23/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by VadeyFan2002, Nov 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Hi Tatiana,

Long time, no see.

Thank you for your statement and don't worry about my Vader. I think he has much in common with yours in 'Power Lust'. IMHO, Anakin was never all good to begin with, but Vader was all bad neither.
    It's the last that I want to make very clear in the fic. My Vader is that I call 'Vadey' and as my user name states I'm a Vadeyfan not a Vader one!
    Yes, he will go through a developement to be more good again. But it will be more that he finds his way back to the Anakin, who made the decision to follow up Palpatine into an Empire, his original gaols that got lost, being a Sith under Palpy. In AotC one could see his believe in a strong leadership for the good of all. His wish for order and peace. His growing up as a slave formed his way to look at the world very much.

[face_love] Vadey

2. Tatiana

Tatiana Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2002
    Hi!
    I hope I'll be able to be around more frequently. :)
    Yes, I understand what you mean, and agree completely.
    I'm not at all against making Vader a better person. :) What I'm against is this double- pesonnality nonsence, and the permise that it's possible to revert to one's former personnality. In fact, this permise plays strange things to writers. Once they starts calling Vader Anakin, he becomes psycologically a teenager. All Vader's personnality dissapear instantly. The only exception I know is Djuva.
    I'm glad you will not do that. :) I hope you will post soon. Good luck! May the Force be with you!
    Tatiana

3. jendiggity

jendiggity Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    hello :) i'm glad you didn't kill piett in the last post!

as for the question...i think it's up to you, as you *are* the author! but if you want them to not be part of the story, it might be helpful to have them on a different thread to avoid confusion. they could all easily fit into the story, but because of the timing they occur in, if you say they are part of the story, then it makes the story seem to kind of jump around. it might be easier to have them as separate. but it's definitely up to you.

4. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    Thanks, Tatiana and jen.

jen, would I do that? Somehow Piett is someone special. He seems to be such a weak and rather ill looking guy, not someone tough, in the movies. But he has a backbone, that most of the Imperials doesn't seem to posess. He stands up to Ozzel, even in the face of Vader's possible wrath. He may fear him, but he isn't too afraid to tell him his opinion. And for some reason he lived through the escape of the Falcon at Bespin. He knew and acepted that that would be his death at Vader's hands, but he didn't tried to hide behind appologies or something else. He stood his ground and was just surpriced then Vader left the bridge without any comment or such.

I just sent the next post to be betaed. Let's hope it wont take long.
    After that we will have a look at Dagobah again.

[face_love] Vadey

5. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I finally got my @$$ here and read this story, and I have to say I am most pleased with it! I burst into giggles on more than one occassion and LOVE all the interaction, plot twists and everything! It's most fun reading about Vader and Vader/Jix stuff, I sometimes skip the other stuff lol
    MORE!!!

6. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    Well, I'm always happy to welcome one of Vader's sheep sitters, Ana.

It's fun to write those scenes with Vader/ Jix or Yoda/ R2 antics, even if the later are more seldom.

And I promise all Vader/ Jix lovers that you will have the one or other laugh at their cost in the upcoming post.

[face_love] Vadey

7. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Vadey, that sounds most promising, thank you for the warm welcome :D

8. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    Hi girls and boys!

I just got the post back from my beta. Thank you Shaindl!

The doors of Lord Vader's quarters had barely begun to open as the Sith pushed through them. With a few room-eating steps, he was at the communication station of his medical chamber, flicking on the line even before he seated himself. His Corellian agent didn?t have a chance to say anything before the Sith immediately shot a question at him.

" Nine Sith hells, Jix! What are you thinking, coming in through official communications like this? You better have a good explanation."

" Hey, hey, Uncle Dee, slow down! I love to see you too and of course, I'm fine. Thank you! As for the way I contacted you, I didn?t have any other choice. The device for your special com frequencies is broken and this is urgent, oh angry one." Wrenga Jixton's chosen form of reply was a sure way to enrage the Sith Lord even more.

There was no way around spending even more time with those battle droids for Darth Vader. This conservation was just developing the way he already expected it to go.

" You are only trouble, Jixton. Why do I still bother with you? I really should exchange you with someone else. Now, what is so urgent and how did you manage to ruin your dealer?" Darth Vader wanted to know.

" No, I'm not. And you still bother, 'cause I've just getting closer to the only living relative you have. By the way, that's why the dump dealer is broken. Couldn't you give me something water resistant? I thought you might want to know that the Rebellion group I'm observing is evacuating their temporary base at Thila." Wrenga answered the questions one by one.

" How long until they leave?"

" They're about ready to go. In fact, they're just waiting for an assault group to come back with a captured Corvette." Wrenga added another piece of information.

" Of course, you happen to know what makes one single Corvette so special to the Rebellion? Is it asked too much of you to give me a complete report instead of thrown crumbs, nephew?" Vader asked with sarcasm overlaying his voice.

" A complete report? What's that? Can you hand me a manual? Okay,okay, in earnest now. They?re about to steal the prototype of a new shield technology that is transported with that Corvette. You can easily state you followed the lead of that missing ship up to Thila, only to be slightly too late to hinder the Rebellion departure. That should be good.? Jix told the angry Lord.

" That should be good? The Emperor will be most furious for first losing the prototype and then letting the Rebellion fleet slip through my fingers again. Carrying a poster around that says I am a traitor would be as obvious to him as this. All those things that went wrong under my command concerning the Rebellion already made him suspicious enough. Well, no use complaining over what can not be changed anymore. I will think about how I might be able to let this sound more positive to him. Now, what was that about coming closer to my last living relative and breaking my dealer device in consequence of it?"
    Vader came back to what was of more personal interest to him.

" Well, I saved her life! You know a better way to get into that close cycle of beings around your Princess?" Again, Jix threw only pieces of the wanted answer at the Sith.

" So you saved Leia Organa's life and in the process, destroyed the unit that enabled you to com me directly? How did she get in danger on a Rebellion base in the first place? I strongly hope it was not your fault." Vader loved to remind him of the broken device again and again. He would rub it into his face for sometime longer.

" She made a trip into the jungle to visit an old cultural site that held some things from Alderaan as gifts. You yourself warned me about the dangerousness of the local jungle predators. She made the trip alone, only in the company of that Corellian smuggler. He wasn't very attentive to possible dangers ?til the beast attacked, I might add. I'd followed them, like I knew you would wish, to ensure her safety. Right a

9. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Thanks for the Jix/Vader post! I needed the laugh. :)

10. jendiggity

Sep 26, 2001
    ah, after being gone so long, i come back just in time for a posty! ;)

i loved it! :D i just luuuuurve vader/jixie stuffs! except...i've been talking to daath too much lately, and am now getting bad thoughts! *cough* but anyway....it was very funny and made me giggle lots, and i loved it! hope to see more soon! :D

11. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    Thanks obi_ew and you are always welcome.

jen, I'm glad you loved it. And I know what you are thinking about; I'm member of WJVB too. But how should that work? There isn't enough space in DV's pods for two tall and strong build men in them. ;)

I've send the next post to my beta. The next piece of Luke's training plan. But it's only a short one. Let's hope, it wont take too long before it comes back to me.
    Meanwhile, I'll start on a post, that introduces the next EU character into my story.

[face_love] Vadey

12. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    Well, here it is; the short look at Dagobah.

Master Yoda seemed relaxed and in a good mood as he sat on a log at the side of the largest clearing near his hut. He was idly drawing ancient figures and signs in the soil beneath him with his gimmer stick, while he luxuriated in the warming sunbeams that were stitching through the foliage of the trees. It was one of the more seldom, light and almost clear days on this swamp planet. His long ears were twitching back and forth, up and down in a rather playfully manner. All in all, it didn't seem that he gave any attention to the katas that were being performed in front of him.

He had gladly left the teaching of the katas to the Force presence of Master Kenobi. Those weren't draining so much Force energy out of him as combat training would do. The later one, no matter if it was with lightsabers or other weapons or purely hand-to-hand combat, was Yoda's teaching subject. Only from time to time would Obi-Wan take part in it, too. At least for short time intervals, to give Luke the possibility to fight against an opponent of more normal human size or a being who was not airborne most of the time. He needed these experiences if he was to fight the Sith.

On the other side of the clearing, at the point farthest away from the old Jedi Master, the little astromech droid stood his ground. He delightedly observed all the katas and the lightsaber fights. Quickly, he had learned that Master Yoda wouldn't have him around while training the combat moves and would scold him in Master Kenobi's place during the teaching of the katas, if he made any noise. But he often recorded Luke's moves and helped correct them on the darker days by projecting the last images taken in slow motion or still images. But during the practice that always followed the lessons, everything was allowed with Obi-Wan's katas. Even the light shows R2-D2 sometimes gave, not to mention the tutting and beeping and other sounds he would produce. With Yoda's lightsaber fights it was only sound. But R2 could get quite enthusiastic when allowed.

Right now, Luke was going through the motions of his last learned kata at a slow pace, while Ben was watching critically and from close up. Together they had begun it at half speed to give Luke some fine tuning. But now Luke was doing the moves alone at only quarter speed. The slow speed was rather difficult for him, as would be the very fast speed. He could do this kata at normal speed without looking awkward or stumbling at any point during it. But it neither looked fluent nor nearly as elegant as Obi-Wan, when he smoothly flowed through any displayed form. And it didn't matter that he hadn't done those katas for many years before he died at Vader's saber.

Both Masters had told the impatient Jedi learner that he has to be in complete control of the movements at slow speed before he could train a kata at more than normal speed. On his insistence, they'd let him do it a few times with his very first katas. Of course, he soon learned that they were right. The result of his trying it beforehand was that he stumbled and fell easily. With an ignited lightsaber in his hands, even at its lowest power level, he would burn or cut himself, when losing control. The Jedi Masters had to be careful with their charge. They had only their real lightsabers, not training ones. Master Kenobi's wasn't even real, only a very solid presence in the Force like himself. The training sabers that were common at the Temple were much better for learning and training. When hit with them, you would only feel a sting or a light burning sensation, much like when hit by the probe Obi-Wan used on Luke at the Falcon. In the meantime, Luke had become frustrated to no end. Ben had made him do the same few moves time and again, since he was at quarter speed. Luke was holding hard onto his temper so as not to let out some vile swear words.

Suddenly Master Yoda's head jerked up, fixing both of them with a glare.

" Enough! Stop now, you will." Both, Obi-Wan and Luke, turned their heads in surprise t

13. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    I really enjoy these looks at Luke's training with Yoda and Ben also. :)

" Why all Skywalkers, a dislike for meditating they have? [face_laugh]

14. jendiggity

Sep 26, 2001
    *shakes head* why does yoda always have to be so mean? he needs an attitude adjustment, methinks! ;)

thanks for the posty!

15. Amyrlin

Amyrlin Jedi Master star 1

Aug 25, 2002
    cool updates. Vader is amusing. ;)

16. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    obi_ew, I like those short stops at the training, too.

As for Yoda being mean,jen, he was alone on that planet for almost twenty years with noone to bug.
    My social skills wouldn't be the best after that either.

Thank you, Amyrlin. You think Vader to be amusing? :eek:
    Would you tell him that in his face/ mask? ;)

Ok, short info. The next two posts, yes you read right, two posts, are with Shaindl for betaing.
    Sorry, but I can't tell when to expect them back.

The first will bring a new (to the story) EU Character into the mix. The second will have a look at Leia and Co.

In planing is the next Council meeting. But right now, I'm writing for the other fics, I have up my sleeves.

[face_love] Vadey

17. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    Good news. I got both post back from Shaindl.

The first one I'll post now and the next after you had some time to reply. After the weekend perhaps.

I hope you like it.

Lord Vader was on his way to one of the smaller hangars to greet the guest the Emperor had sent to the Executor. After the loss of that Corvette and the latest escape of the Rebellion from Thila his Master insisted that Vader takes the problem more seriously. Meaning, he should concentrate his efforts and time mainly, if not solely, on punishing the Rebellion and getting Wedge Antilles into their custody. Thankfully he hadn't mentioned Leia Organa in such an explicit way. Therefore he should turn his other obligations into the hands of the Emperor's new protégé.

After the Emperor had lost one of his best strategists in Grand Moff Tarkin, he soon had begun to push another one who was well versed in tactics and strategy through the ranks. When Darth Vader had first heard that someone got private schooling in the Imperial military academies, he had thought of it as a bad joke. That rumor could have been nothing but nonsense. He had thought it especially ridiculous as that rumor was about a man who would never fulfill his Master's main standards about people who were worth his support.

Darth Vader had quickly found out that he had erred in his assumptions. All those 'rumors' were indeed true. He even had had to admit, when the time had come to meet him in person, that the man who was held so highly in the Emperor?s opinion was more talented than he had believed.. And he neither was the young sprout he had expected. No, he was a seasoned officer and experienced warrior, who had gained his experience and self-confidence outside of the Empire. No wonder he rushed through the ranks and through his personal training at the academies. He hadn't had to learn what the officer candidates had to learn to earn an officer's rank. He merely had to learn a new protocol and the specialties of the Empire's structure in general and of course its military ones. Vader had found a well-educated man with style and poise in his Master's newest protégé. No one easy to faze, even as he was a very dangerous man, perhaps more so than Tarkin, but in a completely different way. He was a man with a deceivingly mild temper. In that, someone to learn from for the easy-to-anger Sith, as the Emperor liked to remind him. Well, he didn't need the Emperor to see that his own temper would always be some kind of a problem.

When the doors to the hangar opened and the tall Sith Lord stepped through, all personnel in it came to instant attention. Including the expected guest, who was just disembarking from the shuttle that had brought him to the Executor. Darth Vader waited until he was almost face-to-face with the officer, before he let out a loud 'As you were' to let the personnel follow their duties again.

" Welcome to the Executor, Captain." Vader added after a short pause.

" It is an honor to meet you again, my Lord," the other answered with a bow that was not as low as any other mere Captain would offer.

The captain, was six feet two inches tall, muscular with dark brown hair, filled out his uniform well and could be called attractive, even as his uniform color didn't match well with his deep blue skin and glowing red eyes. Yes, he was an alien, humanoid but not human.
    Vader didn't even know if there was another alien in the officer ranks of the Empire. In enlisted personal, yes a few, but most Aliens 'served' the Empire as slaves. One could certainly call the Chiss Captain, coming from the planet Nirauan in the Unknown Regions, unique in the known galaxy.

" Come with me, Captain Thrawn, I will fill you in on all duties you are to take over from me." Vader ordered while he spun on his heels to lead them out of the hangar. There was no use in prolonging things, his Master had ordered. The Chiss followed closely with steps almost as long as the Dark Lord.

The Chiss Captain had declined the Sith's offer of refreshments after they had entered

18. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Hum. Very interesting. I know zilch about Thawrn but look forward to seeing what his presence means for Vader.

19. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    That's depressing! No one but obi_ew replied.

Btw, obi_ew, thank you for that. I would say the first Zahn triology is a must read. You can forget all about anything else that had been written about the post saga but that. One must know Thrawn as Star Wars fan, he is a genious and the only other cool Imperial besides Vader imho.

But no matter, I've promised the next post for after the weekend, so here it comes.

Rebel Main Fleet- Home One, canteen.

Leia Organa, Han Solo and his co-pilot Chewbacca were sitting at one of the tables having breakfast.

" Is it only me or are flight control and some Councilors rather hectic this morning? Is there anything going on we should know about? You don't anticipate an attack, do you?" Han asked. " I mean, if you need us and the Falcon someone should tell me beforehand to give us time for a last check on her."

" No, Han. You're right, there is some excitement, but it is due to eagerly awaiting Katarn to make it back to us, not a possible attack." Leia informed him.

Chewie growled under his breath at this.

" They did it? Then we should be on full alert for incoming Imperial ships. You know how shortly after we left Thila, the Executor arrived there. We had barely made the first jump."

Chewbacca inserted a growled comment at that. Leia, who still couldn't understand the Wookiee fully, could only make out that it was something about Vader.

" What about Vader?" she wanted to know.

" Yeah, right pal." Han seconded Chewie, " Vader is much too close on our heels lately for my liking, too. No matter how many jumps we make or how often, the moment the assault teams are after the Empire's newest high-tech developements, the Executor is close behind the returning team. So we better brace ourselves for 'em." Han explained.

" You might be right, fly boy. But I think everyone is on his toes, so we should be prepared for that occurrence." Leia confirmed.

Chewie suggested making the Falcon ready just in case, right after they finished eating. Then he pointed Leia's and Han's attention to the buffet.

" Oh, when did that merchant came back and did he get everything High Command wanted?" Han reacted to the sight of Wrenga Jixton, filling his plate.

" I don't know, but I'm going to find out." Leia said, waving Jix over to their table.

When she caught Jixton's eyes, he strolled over to them and took one of the remaining chairs. He nodded a short hello at them. But only Leia got a brilliant smile out of him.

" Good morning, Highness, Chewbacca,... Solo. What can I do for you, Princess?"

" Good morning, Mr. Jixton." Leia smiled back at him, " when did you return?"

" In the middle of the night, Princess. But please, call me Jix." the Corellian offered.

" It's Leia then, Jix. I really don't need another Corellian, taunting me with my title." Leia responded.

" I wasn't taunting you, Leia. I wouldn't dare that." Jix pointed out.

" And I do?" Han asked indignantly.

" Of course, you do! All the time, Han." Leia exclaimed.

" Now listen, your Worship," Han started to protest, just to be interrupted by the Wookiee's howling laughter. Jix on the other hand was trying to hide his chuckling behind some coughing, as if he had swallowed something the wrong way.

" See?" Leia answered. Then to Han, "Han, you don't even notice it anymore. Your Worship, your Highnessness are your favorite, but you use even more of those non-words to mock my origin."

" And her, oh so highly born Ladyship, doesn't? When who was the woman, who called my buddy here a walking rug or carpet or what ever it was? And I don't even remember all the things you called 'me' while we escaped from the Death Star."

" That was something entirely else." Leia exclaimed.

" It was? How so, your Highnessness?"

" Yes, it was. I was highly agitated and I had every right to be so between my nearing execution and the clumsy, plan-less way your so-called rescue was going. To learn that you expected us to flee in that pile of junk on top of all just gave me the rest. C

20. Mystic_Ally1

Mystic_Ally1 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2004
    First of all...

I loved, loved, LOVED how you told us the guy was Thrawn until the blue-skinned, red-eyed description. Very nice touch, you had me totally fooled!

Very nice post, this is getting TOO interesting... :D

21. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Poor Jix! Caught in the line of fire with the Rebels! :D

22. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    Why, thank you Mystic.

Always good to know that someone else is still following this beside my two regulars.

Btw. does anyone know what's up with jen? She hasn't locked in since mid April I think. Do I need to worry about her?

obi_ew, you don't really begin to worry about a guy like Jix, do you? He can care for himself if needed better than most, he always falls back on his feet.

I've send out the next post to Shaindl to beta. And I'm working on the next special. It will be a birthday speciall. I'll post it on my birthday.

[face_love] Vadey

23. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    Shaindl was real fast. Thank you.

Princess Leia was one of the last to arrive at the meeting chamber room. She almost bumped into Kyle Katarn at the intersection of two halls

" I'm sorry, your Highness. I was in too much of a hurry to notice you coming around the corner." he took the blame on himself.

" Nothing to be sorry for, Mr. Katarn. It's my fault as much as yours, if not even more so. I was in as much haste and surely distracted with other things." Leia tried to put him at ease, being slightly embarrassed herself. This earned her a curious look and a signal that they would talk later from Mon Mothma.

Kyle took a curious look around him before stepping through the door after Leia Organa. He was the last to come in.

" What? Your Corellian shadow is not taking part this time?" he couldn't resist taunting Leia.

" Mr. Katarn!" Madame Mothma warned, " Could we please all take our seats and begin? As for Captain Solo's absence, he isn't needed for receiving your report."

" Han wouldn't have come regardless. He and Chewbacca are making sure that the Falcon is ready for a fight. Someone might have followed you here." Leia added defensively.

" There is surely no reason for that. We took every possible precaution to not be tracked down here. We checked for tracking devices and changed courses so often, anyone not knowing better would think that our nav computer caught a virus. Plus we caused a very large amount of chaos with the destruction of the Arc Hammer . Even the Executor was damaged by the explosion and the larger parts that were catapulted through space." Katarn assured them.

Despite complaining about Solo's attitude, he himself was as cocky as Han could be on any day. At least Leia thought so, but restrained herself from mentioning that.
    " I wouldn't be too sure about that." the Alderaani Princess argued.
    " With Vader being at the actual site of the assault, there is no way to tell. He has other means at his disposal to follow you than tracking devices. He could have even hidden it from them with the Force. You wouldn't find them without looking directly at them, if ever."

" Could it be, your Highness, that you fear him and his mysterious powers too much since you were held captive by him? If he really possessed those powers, he would have smashed the Alliance at its very beginning instead of fighting a war for almost two decades with all the loss of men and material for the Empire. I think you are overreacting." Katarn shot back.

" Mr. Katarn, Princess Organa, this is not the time, nor the right way to discuss things like this. Perhaps we can make this quick. I have the understanding that your mission was a success, Mr. Katarn?" Mon Mothma called to order again.

" Yes of course, Madame, else I wouldn't be here." the Sulon stated.

" How far are you all briefed on the events? It would be best if I start my report where your debriefing ended."

" The last information we got was about you leaving Coruscant for the refueling station at Argol." Admiral Ackbar offered.

" Well, I'll make it as short as possible. I'm sure I can give a more thorough written report to the military department after getting some much needed sleep." Katarn announced.

Mothma signaled, with a nod and a wave of her arm, that the floor was all his.

" When we arrived at the refueling station, we were able to hijack one of the smuggler's cargo ships, which was slated to meet up with the Executor. With it, we managed to take a ride on the cargo conveyors. When we got over to the Arc Hammer at last, we began to place sequencer charges on the three main exchange couplings. They were meant to damage the power grid enough to set off a chain reaction that left nothing but debris and some larger shrapnel of the large factory ship.
    Unfortunately, our presence on board was noticed and General Mohrc tried to hinder our escape by taking his personal prototype of the Dark Trouper III-suite into action, blocking our way." he reported.

The mention of the Dark Trouper Phase thr

24. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Loved Leia's thoughts on Vader. So is she beginning to have suspicions? :eek:

25. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    Thank you obi_ew, Leia' thought on Vader was the centerpiece of that post. From all the people outside the empire she knows Vader best and therefore she can tell that he is up to something. She knows he's acting out of character, of course she is suspicious of him.

The next post is in Shaindl's email box by now. Let's see how long it will take to put it up here.
    Of course it's a Vader post again. there is a system in it. Every other scene or place (not post) is followed by something with Vader in it.

As soon as I get the Vader post back, I'll write the next part of Luke's training regime.

[face_love] Vadey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.