main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if Vader learned about Leia before he knows about Luke// part one finished 8/23/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by VadeyFan2002, Nov 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Well Shaindl was realy fast, thank you hon.

Please enjoy.

Lord Vader sat in the now vacated meeting room on board the Executor. The last participant of the recent staff meeting had left it about half an hour ago.
    He had needed this time to calm himself down to a reasonable level again after Admiral Ozzel had brought his blood almost to its boiling point. He had hardly managed to restrain himself from punishing the incompetent fool serverely right there and then.
    He would have loved to kill him off for the loss of the Arc Hammer and the damage his flagship had taken. But Ozzel was his Master's man, so he had left it to the Emperor to deal with him. Nonetheless, he had taken great delight in dressing the Admiral down for his foolishness and arrogance in front of the staff, humbling him as much as he could and of course to strike fear in his heart. The Admiral came close to wetting himself.

Now, Ozzel was already on his way to report to the Emperor in person. Vader himself had told his Master in no uncertain terms that he held Ozzel fully responsible for the disaster with the Arc Hammer and the damage the Executor took.
    Ozzel hadn't deemed it necessary to inform him about the alarm on the factory ship. He had completely underestimated the efficiency of the Rebel Assault Team that had already destroyed all the facilities, which delivered the pre products for the DTs.
    Instead of ordering the Executor out of a possible explosion range, he had brought her even closer to the Arc Hammer, where she was of no use under these circumstances, as the fight took place inside the ship not outside. The Executor couldn't use her firepower to dissuade the menace. The Admiral should have sent transports with additional troups to the Arc Hammer and launched TIEs to prevent the Rebels from escaping.

Vader's own concentration at that time was focused on the plans of a new fighter generation. Had he been informed about the situation on the other ship, he would have scanned the Force for further information on impending dangers. Had he then had known that a Force-sensitive had been part of the assault team, the same he had felt before on the Executor at Fondor, he would have ordered General Morhc to not take the assault too lightly. But because of Ozzel's decisions they lost the Arc Hammer and gotthe Executor damaged.
    The only good that came out of it was that he had an excuse for not following the fleeing Rebels himself and that this time someone else has to take the Emperor's fury. But with the Admiral out from under his feet for at least a couple of weeks, he now had more time to plan Leia's abduction.

First of all he needed to decide where to hold her. Of course his fortress on Bast came to his mind first, but he couldn't be sure that his Master took no notice of his doings there. Beside, traveling to Bast more often than usual would surely lead the Emperor to suspect him to plan something against his rule.
    Yavin IV was another possibility, now that the Rebels were gone. On the positive side was that the old Sith Temple was nearby and with it the ghost of Exar Kun. The temptation for Leia to use the Dark Side would be therefore stronger. on the other hand Leia might know her way around the Temple too well and use this to escape, while he was not there.
    Naboo was a remote enough planet with close to no one living there anymore. To Vader's knowledge, Leia was there only once; for the burial of Saché. But still, the planet was under close watch of the Emperor for a reason that escaped him until this day. He was quite sure that the Naberrie estate by the lake in the mountains was abandoned but still intact. But what reason could he give for going to Naboo suddenly and frequently? Beside that, there were just too many memories invoked for him by that place.

What else was out of the Empire's sight but only sparely populated? Something in the Outer Rim? There were dangers because of the Crime Lords there, but he could use that exactly as

2. Tribun

Tribun Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2003
    Your whole plan with the farm got one flaw.
    Vader doesn't know that Luke even exists, so he also can't know about the farm being empty now.

3. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    Come on now, give Vader some credit here.
    He is able to think straight and count two and two together. Jix told him about Han's slip. Some Tatooine moisture farmer was in the company of Kenobi when the Falcon came into Alderaani system. Now what would Obi-Wan do with someone like that? Vader already came to the conclusion that his old Master was ensureing the escape of his daughter, why shouldn't it have served to ensure the escape of the 'farmer' too?
    I thought that Vader being suspicious, would look through the reports about Tatooine in a very attentive manner.
    The result is that he read that the Lars farm was destroyed with Owen and Beru as victims. The connection of the destroyed Lars farm to the moisture farmer named Luke, who was with Kenobi would be very clear. The missing droids must have got from the farm to Kenobi somehow, as it was very clear that they too were at the Falcon. Solution; Luke brought them to him.
    Vader, who still wants to now who Luke is, would have searched Tatooine's data archives to find out who lived with the Lars. What would he have found? Right, one eighteen year old Luke Skywalker of the same age as Leia Organa.

As I said please give him some credit, he doesn't always need his agents to present him hard prove of something. He can find out thing all on himown given the right idea, plus the Force would surely have guided him.

The question is; does he realizes that Luke is a good pilot and that it was him and not Leia, who had blown up the Death Star? Hm, I have to think about it.

Btw. thank you for your reply, Tribun. Your comment made clear that I have to explain it, which is hereby done.

[face_love] Vadey

4. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    Test for new faces. Will be edited afterwards to an author's note/ question.

Edit: Should I start posting this on the Saga board?
    There is not much trafic around the classic board anymore.

5. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    And the plot thickens! [face_worried]

One question, I know you stated that you were going to keep updating here until you catch up on the Saga board. Wouldn't it be easier to just lock this thread now and not update the fic until you have transferred everything over? Save yourself some time? Just a thought. [face_thinking]

6. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    Thank you for replying,obi_ew.
    You might be right about the thickening plot, but as per usual the next post will be about something else.

We'll be back to Dagobah again.

As for still updating here. I don't know how much time it will take to put all post to the Saga board in a reasonable pace. And I don't want to let those of you, who reach this point of story hang to long without update. I'm slow enough as it is.

Btw. I've just send the next post to Shaindl.

[face_love] Vadey

7. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    New post! :D

It was slowly getting dark while Luke was tinkering with Artoo. Today had been a good day. Not only did his training run smoothly for a change, without any setback here or there, but today he had managed to produce six pieces of the thrown stick on his morning run for the first time. His usual was five pieces these days and Master Yoda was quite pleased with his development. Luke had perfected a kata with Master Obi-Wan and was well into the training of the next.

Slowly but surely, Luke began to think of Ben Kenobi as Obi-Wan. Master Yoda only called him that and gave Luke disapproving looks for calling him Ben. Yoda had told him that Ben Kenobi had only been an illusion. A long lived one to protect him and Obi-Wan himself, but only an illusion for the habitants of Tatooine. Only there, he had been the old, half crazy hermit, who lived out in the Jundland Wastes. Someone you better keep your distance from but otherwise ignore. The moment Luke and the droids reached him with the call for help from Princess Organa, he became again the Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi and no one else. Surely 'old Ben' wouldn't be able to appear to anyone as a Force ghost. Obi-Wan himself wouldn't scold him for still calling him Ben in unguarded moments, but he gifted Luke with those warm and welcoming smiles that made Luke felt loved. Luke just loved to see them on the often times too sad and serious face of Master Kenobi.

After the kata, Master Yoda had shown him some new moves with the lightsaber and after Obi-Wan had rested enough, he was allowed to try them out during sparring with Master Kenobi. Artoo had gone all out on delivering acoustic and visional diversions and hadn't even protested when Yoda had thrown him into the match for the fun of it.

Yes, it had been a very good day indeed. Although possessing a generally good sense of humor, Yoda let it only seldom flow into training. After another round of meditation and late meal, Luke's educational lessons were his favorite subjects; history and mechanics with only a bit of mathematics to go along. All in all, it had left him with enough time to do as he pleased until it was time to rest.

Ever since Obi-Wan had mentioned that Artoo once had held information about his father, he tried to get something out of his astromech in the hope that not all data had been erased properly. The fact that Artoo-Detoo was strangely wired for a mech out of the series gave him that hope. The scientists on Yavin IV had told him that after they had put the shot astromech back together. For a serial model, he had lots of unusual settings and wiring. Even some modules and other add-ons, they hadn't known the whole purpose of.

"You know, Artoo, this reminds me a lot of the day you were sold to Uncle Owen and I tried to get some shrapnel out of you. Then you were suddenly showing the picture of Leia to me." Luke began to chat with the droid.

Artoo gave some affirming sounds that he understood what Luke meant.

"Using my curiosity you had tricked me into removing the restricting bolt. And, what did I get for it? Right, nothing! You were too stubborn to show the message to anyone else, save Master Obi-Wan. Someone programmed you very well for this secrecy, you little spy unit." Luke teased good-naturedly. Artoo was replying with something that sounded a lot like an apology.

" I just wonder why I can't get information out of you. 'Cause the erasure left nothing behind or 'cause of said programming?" Luke asked, resigned, which got him some innocentc sounding peeping.

" A little help here would be nice, Artoo. You know by now that I can be trusted. Please Artoo, even the smallest bit would help. How about something like another holo picture or such?"

To that, the astromech gave some mournfully sounding tunes and rolled back a bit.

" Hey!" Luke exclaimed. " What is it?"

The next moment Luke was stunned into silence. In the space between him and the droid, there was a holovid projection. It seemed to be an 180° camera shift of a public celebration. It stopped and fo

8. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Uh oh! :eek: Luke stumbled upon a holo of mommy hum? Interesting to see how Obi-Wan explains this. :D

9. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    Yes, I thought it to about time he learns something about his mommy as you put it,oe.
    It would make sense to let him know about the more unproblematic family members first befor shocking him with Vader. So he knows his heritage is not all 'bad'.

I'm just writting how Obi introduces the Councillors to Luke. I'm a bit hampered as I realized that I can't remember clearly who was there and who was not.
    I already asked at the writers resource but bear with me if I'll make mistakes about it nonetheless.

[face_love] Vadey

10. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    What had happened to jen? She wasn't on the boards since months now. I'm worried.

" Ben! Don't scare me like this. Look! It seems like not all data was lost during Artoo's memory wipe. Master Yoda is in this still holo, too. Him and a lot of other people dressed like him and you. Were they all Jedi? Do you know where and when the holo was taken? Who are all the people and what were they celebrating?"

Question after question bubbled out of Luke's mouth. He was so excited that he forgot to be embarrassed for working on the astromech behind his Masters' backs to get information he shouldn't have. Luke stopped when he noticed the glare Obi-wan was giving the astromech droid.

" How could I have forgotten that our little 'friend' here is so full of surprises?" he asked.

" Please, Obi-Wan," Luke begged " don't be angry at Artoo, it's entirely my fault. Ever since you mentioned that he once knew about the past, I tried to find out if there are parts of his memory still intact. I was tinkering with him almost every free minute but with no luck."

" But...." Obi-Wan began, gesturing at the holo projection.

" Oh that! I don't think it's the result of anything I've done. More my begging Artoo and assuring him that I can be trusted with secrets. I asked for a picture or something and that is what I got. It's surely old, but beside Yoda, those people have no meaning for me. I don't know why he chose it. Did he select it for a purpose or is it just the only thing he still has access to?"

"Oh never fear, young Luke. I'm sure it is the first. Now that I think about it, I'm sure your father equipped him with some sort of file save sometime before the mind wipe took place. It would be in character for both of them. He took Artoo along on one or another mission. Perhaps he stored secret data in him and wanted to ensure that it couldn't be wiped by the wrong people. Seems that I was one of them." Obi-Wan sounded hurt at that.

" Oh...so why did Artoo choose to show me this? Do you know?" Luke was back to fishing for information.

" Back to the beginning again? You and a lot of questions that neither Master Yoda nor I think you ready yet to hear all the answers to?"

Luke had the good grace to blush at that

" Will I ever know the whole truth?" Luke sounded depressed now, depressed and disappointed.

" But of course! We will tell you, all in good time. Some of it at the end of your training. Those things will weigh heavy on your shoulders and soul. You need to have all the benefits of all that you will have learned by then to deal with what will be revealed to you. Most other things we could tell you about your past and family will only lead to more questions on your side and will distract you from your training. The time we have to make a Jedi Knight out of you is short enough. I can understand your longing to hear more, to know all. Let's compromise, Luke. I will make you a deal. I will tell you something about this projection and you will promise to stop harassing us, and this includes Artoo, until we think the time is right. After Master Yoda or I will have told you what you need to know, the droid can fill you in with any detail he knows of. But no more questions until then. Do we have a deal?"

" So you think the wipe didn't work on Artoo? He still has 'all' the information?" Luke asked.

" I told you before, I don't believe in coincidences. Our friend surely knows what he is doing. He always does, even when we think he is out of his mind. In hindsight we always understood the whys of his actions. Now, what about our bargain?"

" Okay, deal! Tell me about this event, Obi-Wan." Luke nodded at the projection.

"Hm, let me think about all what you asked, Luke...You're right in your assumption that all those dressed similar to Yoda and me are Jedi. In fact, they were the representatives of the Jedi Council of that time period. They had come to the planet to say their last goodbye to my Master. He had died there only a few days before."

" This was taken on the planet that had been under siege an

11. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    I'm rather surprised that Obi-Wan is revealing so much to Luke, even showing him holos of his parents. :eek: And Obi and R2 teasing the poor kid! :D Great post!

12. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    Well, Maria, the demage was more or less done then R2 had pitty with Luke. When Obi realized that the memory wipe hadn't worked on R2, he was better of explaining about the holo than risking that Luke would learn even more from the droid. And he hadn't told Luke that much realy, only the names of some long dead councilors, a little not useable info about Qui, Ani as a child. He could have shown Luke a pic of Luke that age, it wouldn't have been much different and that the queen was his mother. And under the make-up she wasn't looking much different than her handymaidens.

I've just sent the last part of the Dagobah scene to Shaindl to be betaed, and you know what? I noticed there aren't many scenes left till the first part of the Triology comes to an end!

[face_love] Vadey

13. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    After Luke had been silent for minutes, and no other questions were forthcoming, Obi-Wan decided to take his leave.

" I better leave you to your thoughts now, Luke. Have a good night?s rest."

" Wait, Obi-Wan. Our deal??"

" Weren't we clear about that?"

" Yes. I've only one question about it. Am I allowed to look as this holo again?"

" Why, of course you are, now that you've seen it."

" Thank you. See you tomorrow!"

After Master Kenobi was gone, Luke seated himself into a lotus position in front of the still shimmering holo. He would have thought that given the opportunity to look at a holo of his father, he would be fascinated with it. Instead he found himself staring at the holo projection of his mother. There was something about her his mind insisted he knew.

Well, she had been ruler of a whole planet at age fourteen. That put his fumblings in becoming a Jedi to shame, somehow. Not to mention his upbringing on Tatooine. He himself had been nothing but a lanky teenager who couldn't do anything right by his uncle and had no future to speak of. He was sure if she had been in his shoes, she would be farther along in the training than he was. She had had to have a well of discipline, intelligence and determination to draw from to accomplish so much so young.
    He was sure even Leia would do better than him if she had been put into the same situation. She seemed to have more in common with his mother than he had himself. That thought irked something in the back of his mind again. Determined to follow that thought back to its origin, he fell into a meditative state.

It didn't take him long to notice that there was much about the picture of the young queen that reminded him of Leia. The delicate features of their faces and the color of their hair and eyes. Indeed, their eyes were very similar to each other. It was almost scary, like the way his own eyes were like his father's. Were they related to each other in some way?
    Obi-Wan hadn't said anything about the origins of his parents nor the name of his mother. But he had said something about him having his coloring from his father's side, while he had inherited his mother's frame and height.

Suddenly Luke's eyes shot open
    " Artoo!" he shouted almost loud enough to be heard back at Yoda's hut. " Give me a close-up of my mother's face. Try to get it as clear as possible."

Open mouthed and in disbelief, he stared at the face that was obscured by the thick make-up. But there was no denying it: Leia, painted as thickly with the white make-up and giving off one of her own regal looks, would look much the same as his mother did in the close-up. He had felt drawn to Leia from the very first time he had laid eyes on her holo projection, when she begged for help. And they were of the same age.
    Even not knowing for sure that their lifeday fell on the same day, he was sure that Leia was his sister. That meant the Organas had adopted her. Obi-Wan had said Leia was a Princess by family right, not birthright. So it would make sense that Leia was a princess even while he himself wasn't a prince.
    Obi-Wan could be so sneaky when giving information he didn't want to share!

So what now? Should he say something or should he keep his new knowledge to himself, at least for a while? On one hand he wanted to know if he was indeed right about his assumption, but on the other one, he didn't want to ask Master Yoda. He wouldn't be pleased and Luke had promised Obi-Wan to ask no more questions until Yoda or he would willingly tell him about the past and his family.
    Well, it seemed he had to wait, but the thought that Leia was his sister gave him a warm sense of belonging. He wasn't alone anymore, at least one of his family was still alive. He would be happy with it, for now.

[face_love] Vadey

14. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Is this the fic that I (under the name Master Solo) read on fanfiction.net?

15. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Is this the fic that I (under the name Master Solo) read on fanfiction.net?

16. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    Hello SilSolo or Master Solo, whatever you like more.
    Yes this is the one you've read on FF.net.

This reminds me that I should compile the post to html and at last update there. [face_blush]

I hope you still like it, nonetheless.

Welcome on the boards!

[face_love] Vadey

17. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Smart boy that Skywalker! It will be interesting to see what he does with this new knowledge. :)

18. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    Yes, sometimes he is smart. But we have to wait to see what will become of this in the next part of my trilogy.

I've decided to post the last post that there is to this first part on both boards. I would be silll to lock this on post before its natural end, wouldn't it?

[face_love] Vadey

19. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    Hi!

After a long delay, the first part of ' What if Vader...' comes to an end. I'm going to post the second part under the title ' Light over Darkness '.

I hope you've all enjoyed this first part.

Again Lord Vader found himself deep in thoughts, while he gazed blindly at the flat-holo of his daughter. The one where she had a fit at Katarn. That was a situation that had repeated itself quite often the last few weeks.

He just couldn?t help it. Leia looked so much like her mother when she had been in the middle of heated discussions, usually with him or close friends. It had been at those times she had let the cool and controlled mask of a seasoned politician drop and had gotten passionate about her beliefs and views.

But those thoughts brought him into conflict with the plan he had for Leia. Although everything for her kidnapping was ready and Jix was only waiting for the Sith's signal to set that operation into motion, the Dark Lord still hesitated to give the order to do so.
    If he was really going to break Leia Organa to his will, would that not kill all those attributes that reminded him so much of his wife? Wouldn't it be like letting Amidala die again? Could he really do that and live with the result: a cold hearted, cynical Sith without morals, who wore a face so similar to that of the love of his life? But did he have another choice?

His daughter surely wouldn't willingly help him to become the next Emperor or would she? That she would jump at any opportunity to bring down the Emperor the same as she would take the chance to end his own life, she had already proven. Leia?s price for helping him eliminate his Master but allowing him to live would be the total destruction of the Empire. She was much too idealistic, she wanted the whole Empire gone, not him to follow on the throne.

He knew enough about Leia's ideals, her political views and the goals for her life. He had had enough lengthy discussions with her about those. She believed strongly in democracy, not the strong leadership of a single person. Again, the same could have been said about Amidala. Even seeing the shortcomings of that very democracy in the form of the Republic hadn't diminished her belief that it was the right way to govern a society, no matter how large or modern it grew. For her it was the only way.

Leia on the other hand, had never experienced the wrongs in such a large and old democratic system, where the structure and rules from its early years, millennia ago, hadn't and couldn't fit its growing size and the rules of modern life anymore.

A Senate so large that each and every member world had not only its own Senator in it but the same rights and weight and its own interests that was more important to it than common good , couldn't work smoothly. It was a wonder that the Senate had come to decisions at all in its last decades. Or was it even centuries? In its later existence one couldn't expect it to work quickly, even in emergencies like the invasion of one of its member worlds.

Moreover, each and every new generation of politicians had grown less and less attached to the people and their needs they represented. That of course had led directly to them being the corrupted, egocentric, lying lot Vader remembered them to be.

Not that the Governors and Moffs, who were appointed to the worlds and sectors by the Empire, were any better. But they were not sovereign and could be easily controlled or eliminated, when they went too far.

Palpatine had known how to use all that to his own advantage on his way to power and to become the Emperor's throne. It had helped him to bring down the Republic and the Jedi, who had bound themselves too close to its rule during the last thousand years. He had completed the elimination the Jedi as a whole only with the help of his Sith apprentices whereas the combined power of all those Sith during the former Sith Wars had resulted only in their own destruction except for two at a time since then.

With the promise to change the foulness of the political system, the Sith Ma

20. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Now there's finally an improvement on the impulsive Anakin/Vader. I'm hoping that Vader talks to Leia without kidnapping her.

21. pat_skywalker39

pat_skywalker39 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.