main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What if Yoda and Yaddle had a child?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Nadoy, Jan 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nadoy

Nadoy Jedi Youngling

Jan 27, 2014
    What if Yoda and Yaddle(the female version of whatever species that Yoda happens to be), had a son? Yaddle was in Episode I on the Jedi High Council with Yoda. Although the expanded universe says that she died in the year 26 BBY(Battle Before Yavin), which is 4 years before Episode II and 6 years after Episode I, she could've either (A): Had the child away from the Jedi Council, in secret, with or without Yoda's knowledge before she died, or (B): Faked her death because having her and Yoda's love child was forbidden by the Jedi council and to avoid disgracing master Yoda or herself she fled to another planet far away from the republic to have the child, which would explain why she was mysteriously absent from her chair in Episode II and III.(This could have happened with or without Yoda's knowledge.) Either Yaddle and Yoda both knew about the child and agreed for her to have faked her death to prevent embarrassment to the Jedi order and so that she could raise the child as a Jedi. Or she might not have wanted Yoda to know because he would have volunteered to step down as Grand Master, thereby disgracing him, her, and the Jedi Order.

Yoda not knowing would explain why Yoda told Luke in Episode VI that after he died, Luke would be the last of the Jedi. In Episode V, after force Obi-wan tells Yoda "That boy was our last hope", Yoda tells Obi-wan, "No, there is another", and for the rest of the film we never find out about whom he speaks of. One could take it to mean that he was either talking about Luke's twin sister, Leia(which fits in Episode VI), or he was talking about his son, but did not want to reveal this yet because he didn't want him to be hunted down by the empire and live that type of life. So this could fit either way, either Yoda knew beforehand, and kept it a secret, or he found out after he exiled himself to Dagobah, and was contacted by force-glowy Yaddle after her death or through the force while she was still alive.

If Yoda was only talking about Leia in Episode V, then he would not have found out about his son until his death, and could reveal this to Luke in episode VII as a force-glowy. Luke could then find and train Yoda's son, who could be well acquainted with the force (because Yaddle already trained him in the ways of the force). Being the son of two Jedi masters that were both on the Jedi council, he would naturally be as strong as, if not stronger, in the force than Yoda.(Yoda could also appear to him or could have already appeared to him as a force glowy to train him in the basics, etc.) He could even turn evil and be either the new master sith or apprentice sith or some variant.

He would need a good name, maybe Yodan? Something that begins with Y and has two syllables, just throwing that out there-you know, Yaddle, Yoda. We have to ask ourselves, do we want another Yoda-like character? Or should they(the writers), just keep the old Yoda as a force-glowy like Obi-wan was in Episode V and VI? The really strong argument for this in the Star Wars universe is that Yoda lived to be 900 years old. His species is known to live at least up to 900 years, so there is plenty of room to bring Yoda's child's character in later on in the new episodes, even up to Episodes X, XI, and XII. One problem with Episode VII being shot on film though, and with the return to more practical effects(which I really like and do prefer btw), is that it would cost a lot more to animate the new character digitally, and although I am not opposed to using the old puppet model method, I'm not sure if they would go that route or not. I think it will be interesting either way. I have thought about this since when I first saw episode I and II a few times at home and had started looking for Yaddle in Episode II and noticed the same seat and position from Episode I's Jedi council chamber is there but she is nowhere to be found in either Ep II or III. It always made me wonder if George was setting up the plot for another Yoda character for the new trilogies. Other than this, I would like to see the characters from the EU, Luke and Leia's kids, etc, and something similar to Dark Empire for the new trilogies.

Here is a link to a picture of Yaddle with more info about her: http://starwars.com/explore/encyclopedia/characters/yaddle/

So, what do you think about this?

2. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    There's a lot I think about this but I have recently pledged to keep thoughts of this nature to myself.

dolphin likes this.
  3. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
  4. Nadoy

Nadoy Jedi Youngling

Jan 27, 2014
    Well, just something to think about then.

5. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    it would be yittle

Bail B. Baobab likes this.
  6. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    I tell ya, I WANTED to try reading this, but one look at the title and all I could see was "In before the lock..."

Ryus, Dra--- and DarthBreezy like this.
  7. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
  8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The child had better be blue or the it will contradict the prophecy.
    [​IMG]

This may surprise you, but I am locking this. But, I serve the users... so when the cry of demand is great, I shall relent and reopen it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.