PT What if Yoda confronted Anakin, and Obi-Wan confronted Palpatine?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Graves101, Apr 14, 2013.

Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. Rachel_In_Red Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    This.
  2. JM_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    [face_rofl]This just made my night
  3. Team Padme Force Ghost

star 4
    Yoda would kick Anakin's ass. That would've been such a cool battle to see though.
  4. Darth Dominikkus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I like this idea;)
  5. PMT99 Force Ghost

star 4
    That and PalpSidious will kill Obi-wan without breaking a sweat. Then, we're right back to the Yoda-Sidious duel with the end results being the same as the movie.
    Chewbacca89 and SithStarSlayer like this.
  6. DRush76 Force Ghost

star 4

I don't think that the Obi-Sidious duel would have been interesting. I think it would have been quick and ended with Obi-Wan's death.

As for Anakin and Obi-Wan . . . I don't know. I think Anakin lost his duel with Obi-Wan, due to their emotional connection. Anakin's emotions were out of control at the time. But against Yoda . . . I don't know. They do not have much of an emotional connection. And Yoda's emotions were barely in check following the deaths of many Jedi. You know what? I just don't know.
    kainee likes this.
  7. Sur-Gon Jinn Jedi Knight

and common sense honestly.

it's obvious dooku was goading anakin to turn. dooku obviously knew who palpatine was by no other means than the way dooku looks at palps when palp tells anakin to kill him....dooku was betrayed by his master and he knew it.

again it's common sense. Dooku wasn't fighting at his best as he wasn't out to kill Anakin but to turn him or at least push him ever closer to turning.

Had Dooku given it his all who knows if it would have played out the same way. He may have still been defeated (probably so I think) but it would have been a more close drawn-out fight.

You shouldn't need everything spelled out directly to you. Dooku obviously wasn't fighting at his best in that fight. Whether he still would have lost or not is another discussion...but it's obvious he was holding back.
  8. DRush76 Force Ghost

star 4

Why would Dooku deliberately help Palpatine turn Anakin so that he could be easily replaced? For Dooku to not be fighting at his best, he managed to hold out against Anakin and Obi-Wan rather well at the beginning of the duel, before easily dispatching the latter.
  9. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
    Because he doesn't know he's going to be replaced. He thinks that, if Anakin wins, he'll be captured and taken back as a prisoner of war.
  10. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    IIRC: His last thought was, "Treachery is the way of the Sith."
  11. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
    He had a moment of that when Palpatine encourages Anakin to use his rage against Dooku.

What's going through his head just before it comes off, is that all he was for, was to be the first (but not last) cold-blooded murder by Anakin.
    SithStarSlayer likes this.
  12. Sur-Gon Jinn Jedi Knight

you're mistaking Anakin's POTENTIAL with how powerful he actually was. When him and Kenobi got into the "force push battle" he wasn't even able to overcome that...and don't say he wasn't giving it his all..he was enraged and trying to kill Obi-Wan..he wouldn't have held back.

Yoda would DESTROY Anakin almost as fast as Sidious destroys Obi-Wan. "force push battle" with Yoda? Smeared chosen one on the wall. (not literally but you get the point..Anakin is NOWHERE near as powerful as Yoda...at the time of Mustofar..even as engorged on the DS as he was..again..he was on par with Obi-Wan the entire duel.)

So it would have ended up like said above (forget by whom) Sidious handily kills Obi-Wan. Yoda hands Anakin a nice lava-bath or Lightsaber enema. Yoda goes to confront Sidious. Battle plays out pretty much exactly the same. Natalie would still have died in child-birth in between Yoda's Anakin and then Sidious duels. Yoda hides on Dagobah. The only difference is....Bail Organa possibly taking both twins..since Yoda may not even know about Lars..much less decide to drop Luke off there.
  13. DRush76 Force Ghost

star 4

I think it would have depended upon Anakin's emotional state when facing Yoda. If his emotions were out of control as they were when he faced Obi-Wan, I would say that Yoda would have easily defeated him. But an Anakin with his emotions - especially his anger - in control, I don't know.

I suspect many fans like to believe that Yoda will always easily defeat Anakin in a saber duel. Yet, at the same times, many of these same fans never seem to doubt that Anakin in ROTS was capable of defeating Palpatine. And I find this confusing. Anakin is capable of defeating Palpatine, but not Yoda?

I think you're overlooking the fact that during his duel with Obi-Wan, Anakin's emotions were out of control. Out of control emotions can only make one more powerful on a very limited basis. In the end, one's emotions can be a detriment. Anakin's emotions cost him his battle against Obi-Wan.
    Last edited by DRush76, Aug 20, 2013
    kainee likes this.
  14. Cynicalx Jedi Knight

Sidious would mop the floor with Obi Wan in short time.
  15. Cynicalx Jedi Knight

Sidious would mop the floor with Obi Wan in short time.
  16. Sur-Gon Jinn Jedi Knight

-----that's nice but when did I say that? I didn't. Anakin, in RotS, would have had no chance against palpatine either. for the same reason he'd have no chance against yoda. and I'm hardly a "fan" of Yoda. He's fine, I don't dislike him...but I do think he's overrated. Though I do also believe, at the time, he was the most powerful jedi master. Still. I never even hinted that Anakin would have had a chance against Palpatine...so that point is moot in regards to my comments-----
    -----His emotions had really nothing to do with his losing the fight. It was his arrogance and overconfidence that cost him the battle. Not his anger or rage or any other emotion. Still even enraged he couldn't over-come Obi-Wan...yes he pushed Kenobi back almost the entire fight..but that's because it was an aggressive style vs a very defensive style. At no point does it really look like Anakin has any more of an upper hand than Kenobi did until they were secluded on the small "lava raft" when Anakin tells Obi that "this is the end for you my master" (or whatever.) Then his aggressive style was likely to overcome Obi's defensive style because Obi had no where to go until he lucked out at them coming near shore and he was able to jump off the "lava raft" to shore. It was (again) at this point that Anakin's arrogance and overconfidence caused him to lose the fight by him trying to jump over top of Obi-Wan...his emotions had nothing to do with it.----[/quote]
    Last edited by Sur-Gon Jinn, Aug 22, 2013
  17. Tollhouse Jedi Knight

Yeah actually come to think of it. If the battles were switched up, we would be losing a lot of epicness. XD Although I think Anakin could probably hold his own against Yoda. He was able to defeat Dooku so I think it's not too uneven.
  18. Vialco Force Ghost

star 4
    Not sure about Yoda vs Anakin, after all Dooku held his own against Yoda and Anakin beat Dooku single-handedly. But of course, Dooku beat Obi-Wan and Obi-Wan beat Vader, so it seems fairly relative. Yoda vs Anakin would interesting to see, but I'd say Yoda has a good chance of winning here. But Yoda never trained Anakin either, so he doesn't know all of Anakin's moves like Obi-Wan did. It would be very interesting to see indeed.

As for Obi-Wan vs Palpatine, well....

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Yeah, Obi-Wan's not walking away from this. He might do better than Mace's posse, maybe he lasts a full thirty seconds, as opposed to Agen Kolar's zero and Kit Fisto's five. Yoda had to run from Palpatine, uncloaked and weaponless. Obi-Wan doesn't stand a chance. Yoda himself admits it.

Yoda: Strong enough fight this Lord Sidious, you will never be. Die you will and painfully.
    Last edited by Vialco, Aug 26, 2013
    minnishe likes this.
  19. MOC Yak Face Moderator, Classic Trilogy

Manager
    star 4
    Obiwan and Anakin would've been eliminated very quickly, probably leaving Yoda and Sidious to duke it out later. OT would've been much less interesting that way though.
  20. TX-20 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Yoda would have killed Vader by throwing Padme's unconscious body at him.

Obi-Wan would have killed Sidious by deflecting his lightening back at him until he dissolved into a puddle of bantha poodoo.
    Cynicalx likes this.
  21. DRush76 Force Ghost

star 4

Fantasies are so interesting.
  22. TX-20 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Without fantasies, none of us would be here.
    kainee likes this.
  23. hlc88 Force Ghost

star 4
    Obi-Wan would have been sliced into tiny little pieces if he'd confronted Palpatine.

Yoda would have just thrown Anakin into the lava like a rag doll before Anakin could complete his first attack.
  24. TX-20 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Which would have confirmed Anakin's long held belief of the Jedi being evil.
  25. Skelter Jedi Master

star 1
    Still would have been Yoda vs palps, since Obi-wan would have dided.
Moderators: Bazinga'd