What If: Yoda vs. Anakin and Obi-Wan vs. Sidious

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by hansolo_23, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin1 Jedi Padawan

Dooku lost because he was overwhelmed by the brute force that Anakin displayed when anakin was consumed in anger and hatred towards him as you know anakin was clearly defeated in clone wars and he was angry about that.I still think Qui gon death was a plot by lucas as he always let the masters die before the student to show how their apprenctines took over their legacy and become the next jedi or fully fledged one.Darth maul was clearly stronger than qui gonn at that time and stronger than Obi wan but Obi wan was able to defeat darth maul with a bit of thinking and did the nifty soomersault and sliced him in the belly with his lightsaber.
  2. darth254 Jedi Master

star 1
    oh I agree with that.

It's just that I'm not buying into the praise of Obi-Wan as a fighter, whom the other poster was praising. He's a great character and he embellishes everything a Jedi should be, but in terms of fighting, I wasn't THAT impressed. He has shown he can beat the up and coming powerful young fighters (Maul and Anakin), but not the experienced ones like Dooku. And he managed to outsmart Maul (that manuever) and Anakin (got into his head). However, if he can't outsmart his opponent, whether it be Dooku, Sidious, Yoda, whomever...I don't think he can win. Out of all the serious lightsaber fights in the movies, Obi-Wan suffers the most lopsided ones to Dooku.
  3. Anakin1 Jedi Padawan

Yeah,Obi wan is a great jedi warrior but in terms of jedi combat he is not the strongest as he emphaises more on brains than brawn,not saying that is a bad thing but going against the likes of opponents like dooku,sidious ,yoda and mace he is totally outclassed as i think it is best to have brain and brawns together to make up a all mighty jedi warrior
  4. Obi-Wan-1000 Force Ghost

star 4
    Anakin as a fighter is not the strongest ethier, In "the duel" they were clearly equel. Some people might not be impressed with Obi-wan at all, every one is entitled to there own opinion, But to me Obi-wan was an amazing fighter, Obi-wan his duels fair and square, In the duel with maul, Maul was not stronger then Qui-gon ann Obi-wan, All he did was kick Obi-wan around, That does not mean he is stronger, And Darth Maul beat Qui-gon because he was tired from the battles they had before and was caught off gaurd that does not prove he was stronger, And Obi-wan was caught off gaurd because he got a little reckless, That does not prove he was stronger at all, Anakin did only have one victory in the entire saga, but Obi-wan had the more then Anakin, And for the Dooku duel, He beat Obi-wan because he was more experianced, And Dooku was able to over power Dooku because he quickly started to use his rage and Dooku was not ready to use his full power because Anakin came at him to fast, And onscreen it shows he was a powerful fighter, Some people think he was not impressive or he was not a good fighter or a poweful fighter but they are wrong:rolleyes: , because on screen showed he was a powerful,strong amazing fighter,And some think that hu=is victories were from luck but they are wrong, In a New Hope Obi-wan said that "from his experiance there is no such thing as luck",
    So that would mean that his victories were not from luck they were from the will of the force.Obi-wan does have the power, But on the episode 2 DVD, Hayden said that Obi-wan is very powerful but he likes to play by the book.
  5. Obi-Wan-1000 Force Ghost

star 4
    Obi-wan is very powerful, He should not be under estamated.

and In terms of jedi combat, Anakin can't beat Yoda, Palpatine, or Mace, He is not as strong as them.

6. ZamWesell44 Force Ghost

star 4
    The novel says Anakin is the strongest jedi ever, he completly overwhelms Dooku with power, and Gillard says, Anakin, Yoda, and Sidious are level 9's. He is stronger than Mace and as strong as Yoda, power is not his problem.
  7. Obi-Wan-1000 Force Ghost

star 4
    The movie and novel are diffrent, The made up light saber rankings are Gillards own oppinion.

On screen showes Anakin is not as strong as Yoda, If he was Obi-wan would not have went to fight Anakin.
  8. ZamWesell44 Force Ghost

star 4
    no, Kenobi fought him b/c he trained him, and knew everything about him, the emotional aspect of fighting him is why he lost, Anakin would have fared better against Yoda, and looked more powerful in the movie.
  9. DarthSithLord Force Ghost

star 4
    Extactly, Anakin and Obi-Wan are under looked.

GL, Gillard, or aleast Gillard said that, Anakin was dead even with Palpatine if not stronger, its only when Anakin is injured does he still lose some power, but not too much power to be weaker, Anakin/Vader reguardless is dead even with Palpatine even in the suit.

Obi-Wan was under Mace, Yoda, Anakin, and Palpatine, yet he had experience over Anakin and Palpatine. Yet He still would have lost against Palpatine, and He only won the duel because of Anakin's Emotional Recklessness, other than that Obi-Wan clearly lost the duel to Anakin most of the time, until the end.

I think people are over confident in Yoda and underestimating Anakin if they were to duel each other.

If Yoda would have shown up, instead of Obi-Wan, Anakin wouldn't have been so much enraged as he was toward Obi-Wan, and would have clearly been a Good Match against Yoda. If not a Good Match then, clearly the victory would have gone toward Anakin.

It worked against Tyranus, and Tyranus held off Yoda for quite a bit, Anakin beat Tyranus, so why couldn't he beat Yoda? Especially if Yoda's old apprentice fended him off for a few minutes.
  10. SLASHAXL Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think anakin was far better than Obi-wan in their duel. The only thing that saved Obi-wan was he knew anakin was better.
    And he was very defensive during the duel
    Anakin on the other hand was Attack, Attack, Attack...
    He was stupid to try and jump over Obi-wan.

As for yoda vs anakin, Yoda would have been a good match for anakin, But Anakin could have beaten him.

Obi-wan would have lost against Sidious, and lost miserably.
    At best, he would kept him at bay for a while.

I believe that the difference between Anakin and Yoda/Sidious
    would only show after they lose their lighhtsabers

11. Juggernaut86 Jedi Knight

star 2
    First off I think Obi and Anakin a severely underated and Yoda is severly overated

How is Yoda so popular when he never defeats anyone in the series lol....nobody

Neither Sidious nor Yoda could fight on Mustafar

I believe Anakin could defeat anyone when fighting on level floor....his only weakness is his arrogance and Obi preyed on it

Yoda would get owned by Anakin...only edge he has over Anakin is his experience...Yoda's force powers dont matter because he doesnt use them in a aggressive fashion...most of the time only Sith use those kids of tactics...If Yoda used lightining,or choking he might have a chance but I doubt

Like what happened....Obi Wan could only defeat Anakin at that point because he trained him

12. Juggernaut86 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Obi
    Dooku

Entire Jedi Temple
  13. DarthSithLord Force Ghost

star 4
    BS Anakin killed the most Sith out of anybody even before the Prequals came out.

With the Prequals its.

Dooku
    Vader
    Sidious.

Name any other Sith in the Saga that killed more than Anakin did.
  14. Obi-2_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    just after yoda told obi-wan he wasn't strong enough to fight sidious, anakin says he is more powerful than sidious and can overthrow him. Then Obi-wan beats him. To me that is proof enough that Kenobi would be capable of having a fair fight with Sidious.
  15. ticopuma Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    [face_plain]
  16. Rossa83 Jedi Master

star 4
    I know the ardent dark-side adherents will disagree with me on this one, but here it goes nontheless;)

The two duels were played out the way they were because it showed that Yoda actually was right in saying that the dark side is not stronger. Yoda and Sideous drawed. None of them managed to get the best of the other. OBW bested Anakin. The reasons for this may be many, and I guess most of them depends on your interpretation. It's like a book:D

Yoda and Sideous are characterized as the two most powerful force users. I don't think anyone can disagree on that one. They are the titans of good and evil. Yoda has the experience on his side. According to Lucas, Sideous has the dark-side as his advantage. The way it looked in the movie was that Sideous could not compete with either Yoda nor Mace with a saber - at least he could not defeat them. His strength was his force powers. He managed to overpower Yoda with lightning two times. Once at the beginning of the duel, once when he "lighted" Yoda's lightsaber away. However, Yoda showed that he could muster comparatively the same powers as Sideous had. After the first electro-shot, Yoda forced-pushed Sideous across the room. Witht he senate pods Sideous seemed the most energetic. Yoda's stunt was to stop an already flying pod mid-air, twirl it around and sending it back with great ferocity and precision. Equally impressive. They cancelled eachother out. To me it seemed that Yoda began to gain the upper-hand in their last force-duel - showing perhaps, that Yoda was the stronger nontheless. It was, however, not his destiny and consequently he could not win.

Anakin and OBW clearly cancelled eachother out on every move. We see them fighting totally different than Yoda and Sideous. Yoda and Sideous seems to be able to fight without a saber. Anakin and OBW seems to depend upon it. In their one force duel, they cancel eachother out - as they do with their sabers. The conclusion I would make from this is that they are more or less equals. The fact that Anakin actually holds his own against OBW speaks of him being more powerful, simply because of his lack of experiance.

Even though no side really won the battle or the duels, the dark-side nontheless came out victorious. That can mean one thing, that it was the will of the force or the turn of the tide. It was simply impossible for the Jedi to win that one - the force would not let it be.

Although this was somewhat off-topic, and non-claryfing - simply my opinion (as all of this is:), what I meant to say was that the duels show that Sideous and Yoda are on a different level than OBW and Anakin. Mostly it is due to their knowledge of the force, their experience and their powers. Anakin can't have been far behind in raw power, but he didn't have the other attributes, bringing him up to the level of Sideous and Yoda.
  17. ZamWesell44 Force Ghost

star 4
    your going against what Lucas has said, "the darkside is stronger." Anakin is more powerful than Kenobi, hence saving his life all the time. Sidious could have proably beat Dooku, but he does not have anymore experience and wisdom than him overall, jedi master, trained by Yoda, sith lord trained by DS, and you saw how much that helped him fighting Anakin.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.