What If: Yoda vs. Anakin and Obi-Wan vs. Sidious

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by hansolo_23, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Klakabush Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Obi-Wan would walk into Sidious office, then die in about 30 seconds, after which Sidious would sense Lord vader is in danger, and go to Mustafaar as fast as possible. Anakin would have put up a good fight against Yoda, and lasted till Sidious arrived. Then Yoda is a goner, and the sith would rule. I think that after a while Sidious would realize that Vader is too great a threat, and would kill him while Vader was sleeping or something
  2. DARTHDREDD71 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Obi wan and Anakin would be dead.Sorry.

:_| :_| :_| [face_skull]
  3. darth_berryboy Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Sids kills Obi Wan in a tough fight and Yoda begins to whoop Ani's tail until Sid's arrives. Yoda then decides it better to run than fight, so he starts jumping on anything he can find in the lava to get away. Ani follows and slips on some rocks and falls to his burning fate. Seeing this, Yoda goes back and fights Sids. While fighting, the platform on which they are standing sinks into the lava before they can get off and they both die. Padme then wakes up from her slumber, and puts Ani in the Vader suit. She decides now that she can bring democracy back to the republic using Vader to strike fear into anyone who opposes or disagrees with her.;)
  4. The_Dark_Knight Jedi Master

star 4
    I really think Anakin would have beat Yoda. And Obi-Wan would have lost to Sidous in a close fight.
  5. GODCONVOYPRIME Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I think Anakin would have lost, and Obi-Wan would have been wounded and would have escaped. Then Yoda And Obi-Wan would have teamed up against Sidious and Sidious would have fallen.
  6. Palpy560 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Obi would die. He was below windu and windu was blasted across town.
    "To fight this Lord Sidious, strong enough, you are not." That is the truth. There is no reason to argue with Yoda.:D
    Anakin would lose, but do very well, he is the chosen one after all.
  7. Vader_fan Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think Anakin would have won his duel with Yoda and Obi-Wan would have lost to Sidious. Both duels would have been VERY close though, imho.

I agree that Yoda would not have the same advantage against Anakin that Obi-Wan had--he just didn't him know nearly as well as Kenobi did. Anakin also didn't have same hate and other emotional insecurities towards Yoda that he had against Obi-Wan--remember he hated Obi-Wan so much that it completely clouded his judgement and that was what ultimately cost him the duel and his arm and legs.

And as others have said in this discussion, Yoda only had a slight advantage over Dooku in their duel--however, Dooku was at a severe disadvantge when he fought Anakin in ROTS. So it's logical to assume that Anakin should be at least as good as Yoda if he isn't better.

Likewise Obi-Wan would not have had the same advantage against Sidious that he had against Anakin, again because Obi-Wan simply doesn't know him very well and because Sidious doesn't have the same blinding hate towards Obi-Wan that Anakin had.

Vader_Fan.

8. CommanderSteve Jedi Youngling

The dark side would win that battle
    -easily
  9. Darth_Froschler Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Sidious vs. Obiwan: Sidious. Easily. Obi-wan is powerful, but sidious is leagues away from obi-wan.

Yoda vs. Anakin: Yoda. It would be a good fight to see i think. I think Anakin would hold his own until the very end where Yoda just takes advantage of Anakin's mistakes that he always makes, and then kill em.

Yoda vs. Anakin would be one of my favorite fantasy duels. The 2 most powerful jedi going at it..... AMAZING!!!

EDIT: everyone keeps saying that Anakin would run away. HE IS NOT A COWARD! Too many Anakin haters out there. Just to many.....
  10. Palpy560 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Obi would die in about 1 minute of his fight.
    Anakin would last a really long time, remember he is a higher count than Yoda, so he wouldn't do too bad. But Yoda, that sly green friend, would have him beat eventually.
    What if Yoda was actually a Frend and Palpatine was talking about his species.
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    Okay that was bad, sorry.
  11. Darth_Davi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I don't think there is much question as to Obi-Wan losing to Sidious. As a previous poster put, Yoda's own words let us know that Obi-Wan is NOT at the same level as Yoda, and Yoda faought Sidious to a draw, or he lost, depending on your POV. Obi-Wan would have not been a match for Sidious. I don't think Anakin would be able to beat Yoda either, but for a different reason. Out of all the Jedi, Obi-Wan included, I think Yoda would have had the best chance at talking Anakin down. Yoda, while being able to match Anakin move for move during the duel itself, would also be trying to calm him down. Anakin knows that he can match Obi-Wan, but we do not know if he believes he can truly best Yoda. Anakin would have more self doubt about his ability to defeat Yoda than with Obi-Wan, and Yoda would play to that. Anakin has always deferred to Yoda, even in ROTS, when he gets the force-vision about Padme, he goes to Yoda for advice. If any Jedi could have brought Anakin back to the light side at the time, it would have been Yoda, not Obi-Wan. That I think, ultimately gives Yoda a huge advantage over Anakin.
  12. -maynard- Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Well, yoda tells him he doesnt have a chance, so ill go with that
  13. jeajon126 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I think that Obi would've beaten Sidious, based on 3 things:
    1. Sidious hasn't ignited a saber in who knows how long, Obi has used his more than a toothbrush.
    2. Obi has more experience with the Sith than any Jedi alive, I think, other than Anakin, Obi was the only Jedi who could've nearly beaten Sidious.
    3. If Obi can "beat" Anakin, the Chosen One I think he can beat Sidious.

I think we greatly OVERESTIMATE Sidious, since he practically took over the galaxy, unknowingly to anyone, and because Yoda says so. And I also think we give Yoda WAY too much credit. I mean, he pulled a draw w/ Dooku, and couldn't even gain the Upper hand battling Sidious. Just because yoda is the head of the council, doesnt mean he's the greatest Jedi of all time! Obviously, I think Anakin would've killed, i mean literally, killed Yoda, again based on 3 things:

1. Although Yoda has had some action in the Clone Wars, Anakin has had at least 5 times as much, and again, Anakin uses his lightsaber more than his toothbrush.
    2. Anakin, now as Vader, is almost Filled with the Dark Side, full of rage, hate, and Anger, especially at the Jedi Order. Yoda, for Anakin, symbolizes the Jedi Order to Anakin, and in his own words "...The Jedi Are Evil!". Vader, in complete RAGE, would've decimated Yoda, (even more so because of his bad advice( in anakin's eyes) about padme
    3. lastly, if Anakin can beat Dooku, and Dooku can tie with Yoda, surely proves that Anakin has a Very good chance against Anakin.

BUT, just because Anakin, IMO, is better than yoda, DOES NOT mean that Anakin would kill yoda. Yoda, doubtfully, might be able to convince him to come back to the light, maybe talk to him about padme. I highly doubt this, but it would be possible. Most likely, in this situation, Anakin kills Yoda, OBi kills Sidious, then left with Obi versus Ani. THen I think Ani WOULD come back to the light side because:

1. Anakin is the chosen one, not Obi, so OBi, by the will of the force, can't beat Anakin,( now that Anakin is the only sith left)
    2. Vader has no choice but to give up; without Sidious guiding him to the dark side, he's useless since there is still good in him.

Now, if he DOESNT give in, then it will kinda be like the OT:
    Vader becomes emperor, telling the Senate about how Palpatine was "assasinated" by the "evil" Jedi (which is true, from a certain point of view) maybe takes on an apprentice, obi goes into exile, trains luke, and so on.

Although it would've been smarter to do it this way, i like the way it is now better.
  14. All_Powerful_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    This is probably the biggest "What If" of the movie.

I think Sidious would have beaten Obi-Wan. Given Mace's performance, and even Yoda's, it's difficult to say Obi-Wan would have stood a better chance. He probably would have died, without intervention from Anakin and wouldn't have slipped and fallen.

I think Yoda would have beaten Anakin, because no one really was a match for Yoda at this point in the story except Darth Sidious. And Sidious would have lost, had Yoda not let his own powers get the better of him.

So, then, that would leave us with Yoda vs Sidious - if Sidious were to even be accessible after defeating Obi-Wan and upping his security.
  15. rumsmuggler Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Obi Wan would lose to Sidious due to the simple fact that if he isn't powerful enough to stand against Dooku, then he would die quickly against Sidious. For those who will say that if he can beat Anakin then he can stand against Sidious,yall are mistaken. Obi beat Anakin because he trained him and because Anakin tried a stupid move that got him slashed and burned.

Anakin vs. Yoda would be an awesome fight that would be last a long time and would be a close fight. I honestly couldn't say who would win this one, because it go either way depending on whether or not Anakin is trying to pull some crazy attack or do something stupid.
  16. That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight

star 6
    [/b]YODA: Destroy the Sith, we must!

OBI-WAN: Send me to fight the Emperor. I will not kill Anakin!

Yoda considers this for a moment.

YODA: What the Hell. Why not? (Ruffles Obi-Wan's hair) Heh heh. Wacky kid you are. Have fun I hope you do. Hand your apprentice his Chosen Ass, I shall.

Later

PADME: I love you!

Anakin sees... something... behind Padme.

ANAKIN: ...the Hell is that...?

Anakin moves around for a better look and sees Yoda standing on top of the ramp.

ANAKIN: Oh I see! It's Yoda. Right then. (Turns to Padme) Liar!

PADME: No!

ANAKIN: You're with him! You brought him here to philosophise and confuse me!

PADME: No! I swear! I don't even like him! Did you see AotC? I totally blew him off in the Palpatine's Office scene at the start of the mov- GAK URK!

YODA: Go, let her, Anakin!

ANAKIN: Come again?

YODA: GO. LET. HER!

Anakin releases his choke hold on Padme.

ANAKIN: Now, what did you say?

YODA: Ugh. Mind never.

ANAKIN: Yes, well. You turned her against me!

YODA: Yourself, you did, did that.

ANAKIN: You'll not take her from me!

YODA: Afraid I am, greed and lust for power of yours, did that, already have!

Anakin stares back at Yoda with a perplexed look.

ANAKIN: Yeah? Well... takes one to know one!

Now it's Yoda's turn to look perplexed.

YODA: Buh?

ANAKIN: Don't lecture me, Master Yoda! At least, I'm pretty sure that's what you're doing! I do not fear the darkside as you do! I have brought peace, justice, security to my new Empire!

YODA: Empire new yours?

ANAKIN: Uhh... How dare you speak of my mom that way!? Don't make me kill you...

YODA: Anakin! Allegiance mine is, to Republic, Democracy to!

ANAKIN: You're challenging me, right? Well if you're not with me! You're my enemy!

YODA: Absolutes think in, only Lord of Sith Dark do! Do what, I will must!

Anakin finally loses his temper over Yoda-Speak.

ANAKIN: Son of a- That's it!

They duel.

Elsewhere.

Obi-Wan shows up and two Royal Guards try to stop him. In response, Obi-Wan drops an unneccesarilly large piece of equipment on them. The Emperor looks up from his crossword puzzle.

SIDEOUS: Master Kenobi... You survive...

OBI-WAN: Hello there!

SIDEOUS: Did that loud hooting lizard survive as well?

OBI-WAN: I'm afraid your clones and a huge-*** canon saw to that!

SIDEOUS: Excellent!

OBI-WAN: D'oh!

SIDEOUS: Your elegant catch-phrases blind you, Master Kenobi!

The Emperor unleashes a blast of lightning at Obi-Wan, catching him off guard and crashing him into a wall. Obi-Wan get's up and dusts himself off, staring the Emperor in the eyes.

OBI-WAN: The Hell with this!

Obi-Wan runs the **** away.

Meanwhile, Yoda and Anakin have taken the duel to a series of floating platforms.

YODA: Failed you, I have, Anakin! Failed you, I have!

ANAKIN: I should've known you were a grammatically-impaired muppet!

YODA: Anakin! Chancellor evil is the!

ANAKIN: From my point of view I can't understand a damn thing you're saying!

YODA: Then lost you are!

For a change of pace, they try dueling. Yoda eventually flips onto a high ledge.

YODA: Over it is, Anakin! High have I ground!

ANAKIN: Attack you? You're damn right I'm gonna attack you!

YODA: It do don't...

Anakin lunges and grossly overestimates Yoda's height. He goes sailing over Yoda, over the ledge, and lands akwardly on the other side of the bank where he ends up crippled.

ANAKIN: YEEARGH!

YODA: Chosen were the you One! Said it was, that destroy the not joined Sith you would them! Darkness Force Balance, to bring not in
  17. BlutEngel Jedi Youngling

star 2
    All hail Mas Amedda.

...Wow. That was long.

BlackRook, you aren't the guy who writes Darth Vader's blog website by any chance?
  18. El_Dave Jedi Youngling

[face_laugh] Man was that was funny! I laughed so hard I got dizzy!
  19. Antrojedi Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Yoda also thought he could take out Sidious and he was proven wrong so I wouldn't take everything he says as absolute fact.
  20. yaddidameen Jedi Youngling

star 3
    what basis is there for believing obi wan would have even stood half a chance? according to the official site, yoda and sidious are the strongest force users in the galaxy at this point in time, GL has direct quotes that state that obi wan isn't in sidious' league, why should we think other wise?
  21. Chosen_One314 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Well... I think that in that case... Anakin would've died and so would Obi-Wan... so pretty much we're back to square one.
  22. Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'm sorry but Yoda is toast and so is Sidious.
  23. Darth001 Jedi Youngling

star 1
  24. VadorLover Jedi Padawan

star 4
    anakin would die and obi-wan would have gotten away somewhat wounded (he's good at ecapeing)
  25. Darklord07 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    no obi wan would not have escaped he would have been killed.......
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.