main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if you woke up and could use the Force? RR (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediClare, Mar 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Hello and welcome, young_mara. I remember you from the original 'What if you woke up and could use the Force' thread. :) This one is authorised. :p

should this take place in the holidays? It is the hols, after all.

It's up to you, since our characters are in different countries anyway. :)

Tay Neir likes this.
  2. kimbilili-k-s

kimbilili-k-s Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    ok...hello and welcome, again, young_mara...haha glad to see there are actually pple reading this stuff. i wonder who else is out there? all you lurking pple...

ok, ok! sorry clare i didn't mean the "we were going to be best buds soon enough" thing insulting...teehee.

3. young_mara

young_mara Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2001
    It has been quite a while, hasn't it?
    About 5 months, right?
    I'll post sometime soon, don't worry.
    Nice to meet you too, kimbilili-k-s

4. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    Clare I'm going to take that as me getting the message, if not oh well ;)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Amanda sighed as she finally finished her homework. Standing and stretching she walked back downstairs and got back on the computer.

Going to the boards she saw a message waiting. Clicking on it she smiled...until she got to the last line.

Do you think the Force exists in this world?

That stopped her. Thinking about the chip episode she paused before hitting the reply button.

I think it's possible...why?

She quickly hit the send button. Unsettled she logged off. **Maybe I'm not the only crazy one in this world.**

Tay Neir likes this.
  5. young_mara

Sep 24, 2001
    Michi grinned to herself as she walked home. NO MORE SCHOOL!! Well, technically, there was one more day, but she was going to skip it.

Stopping by at the mini-mart, she said hi to the stray cat that had taken a permanent residence on the doorstep.

"Hi, Kits," she cooed.

"morrow?" Kits walked over to an empty box and jumped in. Michi frowned. That wasn't like her. And why was Kits so thin? Peeking over the edge of the box Kits had jumped into, she gave a small squeal.

"KAWAIIII!!" Three small kittens were in the box, cuddling next to Kits. Whipping out her sketchpad, Michi began sketching the three kittens.

Half an hour later, Michi was on the net, posting on 'The approaching darkness( RR sequel to Padawans on a camping trip)' Once again, her thoughts drifted to the uncanny incident where she had caught the drumstick.

"OH, CRAP!!" Michi had knocked over a cup, luckily, empty, but not so luckily, a glass cup. She tried to catch it...

Much to her surprise, the cup was floating in mid-air, back up to the table.

Tay Neir likes this.
  6. kimbilili-k-s

Jul 9, 2002
    I Love Sci Fi yes, it was posted to you.
    Now Clare...you'd better post.

7. delta7_interceptor

delta7_interceptor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    Kim, you so kan chiong (over eager) for wad? not like we will dissapear rite? ;) haiz, goot to see some more ppl joining in the story...

Sad to sae i still do not have any inspiration, so either kim or clare, your hafta post up first den i can get inspiration :D. Dun ask me why, its the way my mind works.

Tay Neir likes this.
  8. kimbilili-k-s

Jul 9, 2002
    wah lau, i'm not kan chiong la...i also got no inspiration now, and clare hasn't written in a looong time (right clare?) so how i write? besides, where do u want the story to go on from here?

*shrieks* clare!

*puts up notice* Wanted: Dead or Alive. Jediclare. short, dark brown hair with small eyes. reward of...of *hehe* nothing if you find her.

Tay Neir likes this.
  9. young_mara

Sep 24, 2001
    hmm, why is this thread so slow? UP!

10. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    Amanda woke tired the next morning. Her dreams had seemed to center on Star Wars for some strange reason.

Standing up and stretching she looked over at her alarm clock. Concentraiting she tried to move it. She laughed at herself. "Not even a wiggle..." Still not all the Jedi could move things. **I need a better test of this...**

Taking a quick shower and throwing on some clothes she grabbed her bag and went downstairs.

"Eat you're breakfast darling." Her mother said handing her a box of cereal.

Smiling she looked at her mom. "I don't need to eat breakfast if I don't want to."

"You do need to eat breakfast." Her mom said. "Now sit."

**Rats...this has got to work.**
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    15 minutes later she was at school. **I need someone to test this on...someone how was it...weak-minded.**

Glancing around she found one of the jerks that was always making fun of her. Walking over to him she tried to concentrait on what it would be like to make his thoughts change.

He turned and said something to her, but she really wasn't paying attention.

"You want to run up and down the hall singing the Barney song." She said seriously. She nearly gasped when she could feel his mind twist under her control and he repeated after her. She was even more shocked when he turned and ran down the hall.

"I love you, You love me...."

**Of Force, it is real.** She thought quickly grabbing her books from her locker and escaping into her classroom. **This is too wild....Is it the dark side to use the force if it's not for self defence???**
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    *******Please note, I don't have a problem with Barney, but it would be very embarrassing to run up and down the halls singing... oh and for the foreigners, I don't know if you get Barney, but it's this little kid show and the song is: "I love you, you love me, we're a happy family, with a great big hug and a kiss from me to you, won't you say you love me too...." Or something like that, I don't remember the entire thing....******

11. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Kim - Wanted: Dead or Alive. Jediclare. short, dark brown hair with small eyes.

If I'm dead, I wouldn't be able to post, would I? ;)

I love Sci Fi - The Barney TV shows exist here in Singapore (eek). Why they don't broadcast better shows from the US instead of Barney is beyond me. :D Teletubbies are worse. :p

I hate you, you hate me, we're a hateful family, with a great big slap and a punch from me to you, won't you say you hate me too... [face_mischief]

< > < > < > < > < >

As soon as I got back home, I deposited my bag on the floor and turned on the computer. It made the usual beeping sounds, but halfway through starting up, it emitted a long beep. Without looking at the screen or even thinking about it, I reached over and ejected the diskette that I had forgotten to remove the day before.

Then my mind caught up with my body. How did I manage to identify the problem and correct it immediately without even checking the screen to see what it was?

I smiled. It must have been the Force that guided my hand.

This would take some getting used to.

The computer resumed starting up. When it was done, I logged on to the Internet, grateful for a fast cable connection.

Private Messages: 1 new

That was fast. Eagerly, I checked the PM.

The single line of text read: I think it's possible...why?

That was the good thing about most Star Wars fans that other people weren't: they -- actually, we -- accepted the idea of the possibility that the Force exists...

I typed, Has anything weird ever happened to you before? Like you can do things that usually wouldn't be possible...maybe say...knowing what is going to happen before it does...things like that...that could not possibly be accomplished without the Force...

Hoping that it didn't sound too strange, I sent the PM.

< > < > < > < > < >

There, I posted. ;)

12. young_mara

Sep 24, 2001
    "That's it," Michi muttered, pacing up and down the lenght of the room. "I'm crazy. Rubber room for one. The Force can no way exist."

"I could always PM someone to see if it's been happening to anyone, though," she thought. Without further ado, she sent a PM to someone by the screename of 'I Love Sci fi'

Hi. This may sound insane, but has anything wierd happened to you lately, such as floating objects?

"I'm insane," she said to herself, as she clicked on send.

13. young_mara

Sep 24, 2001
    aggr!
    Darth Double Post!

14. kimbilili-k-s

Jul 9, 2002
    i shifted the whole msg that was posted here down...if you haven't already noticed. It would have seemed weird if the msn conversation was up here, and down there clare's inviting amanda to get into it. hm.

for now, it's a little stupid post. I'm bored.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was one hell of a day...so much homework!!! As I sat down trying to crap up my literature, i sensed someone coming into the room.

"Hi brother." I said, without turning around.
    "How'd you know it was me?"
    "Are you kidding? After living with you for all my life? I know every single sound you make from your footsteps to your fart."
    "But I didn't make a sound..."

I just grinned, knowing the actual reason. My brother was a star wars fan too...dare I tell him about my 'power'? Better not, i thought. I may cause an uproar in my family. I tried to put myself into his shoes and think what my reaction would have been like if I had found out my younger sibling had a power that i wish i could have had all along. It wasn't working...I was too distracted.

In fact, my homework...wait a minute. MY HOMEWORK. It was already done. What in the world?! My eyes had barely left the one sentence I had written just a few seconds ago. hm. Maybe this was one of the modern uses of the force - doing homework. I wondered if it would work in exams. Had my thoughts just walked of out my mind and planted themselves there? weird...

Feeling less burdened with the thoughts of homework, I proceeded downstairs to eat my dinner. we had our usual family talk.

"So dear, how was your day?" My mum asked.
    "Oh...perfectly fine, with the perfectly normal things happening again." How ironic, and vague I thought. Had my mum known what had happened, she would've freaked out. But I couldn't have said anything about it. The talked droned on and on about my father's fishes, and my brother's competitions and so on...I hardly heard a word, preferring to concentrate on lifting a fruit from the fruit bowl up. I actually found the force quite interesting to use, or rather, to play with.

"Er...Is it my imagination? Or did a pear just lift itself up?" dad asked.
    Uh oh...busted, i thought.
    "No...I think you're just hallucinating," came the voice of my mum.
    "Yea dad, don't stress yourself out too much," I said, trying to cover up.
    My brother piped up, "That's odd, i thought i saw it too..."
    "I think i'd better go online now...I've got a project to do." And with that, I left the dinner table to proceed to talk to Clare and Yan Yan over MSN.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tay Neir likes this.
  15. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Hey! I am not 'C'! My MSN nick is Clare-Gon Jinn!!

:D

Y: Then maybe I might get to see Obi-Wan!!!
    C: Or Qui Gon...
    K: Oh shut up, i don't think i'll get to see Vader.

[face_laugh]

Tay Neir likes this.
  16. kimbilili-k-s

Jul 9, 2002
    oh, i see. aiya i couldn't really be bothered about our nicks. just used our names lor...i'm sorry...now where's that yan yan. she said she would post.

Oh, did you realise if we added a 'u' to the first letter of our names (yan=y clare=c kim=k), we get 'yuck'. how depressing!

Tay Neir likes this.
  17. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    Amanda raced home from school that day and sat down at the computer. Going to the boards she saw that she had 2 IMs.

Clicking on Clare's she read:

Has anything weird ever happened to you before? Like you can do things that usually wouldn't be possible...maybe say...knowing what is going to happen before it does...things like that...that could not possibly be accomplished without the Force...

Pausing she thought about it. She'd known things before they happened all her life, but known known? not really, just gut instinct...on the other hand she had made that jerk sing today...

I don't know about feeling things...I guess, but that's like a gut instinct, couldn't be the force, right??....on the other hand I made one of the jerks in my school run up and down he halls singing the Barney song today...do you think that's of the dark side?...And I made my teacher think that I was actually doing the work while I tried to make my pencil float...I've got a message from mara too, I think it's about this...Are we all crazy????

Her second was from young_mara:

Hi. This may sound insane, but has anything wierd happened to you lately, such as floating objects?

She smiled, nope no floating objects. If she was a jedi she'd flunk that section, she'd actually spent an entire class period that day trying to do exactly that with no success. Although she had made her teacher think that she was actually doing the work.

No floating objects, but I made one of the jerks in my school run up and down he halls singing the Barney song today...does that count....do you think that's of the dark side?......And I made my teacher think that I was actually doing the work while I tried to make my pencil float.....Clare sent me a message too, Are we all crazy????...

She hit send and went off to read some other stories as she waited for their responses.

Tay Neir likes this.
  18. young_mara

Sep 24, 2001
    About an hour later, Michi checked her PMs. That was fast. Already, she had a reply from I love Sci Fi:

No floating objects, but I made one of the jerks in my school run up and down he halls singing the Barney song today...does that count....do you think that's of the dark side?......And I made my teacher think that I was actually doing the work while I tried to make my pencil float.....Clare sent me a message too, Are we all crazy????...

Michi giggled and typed a reply:

Really? LoL.
    That might be of the Dark side, do you think we should be careful about using the 'Force' in the future?
    Who's Clare? I might have seen her on the boards before, but I'm not too sure.
    Yes, I think we're all crazy.
    Thanx for replying so quickly.

Michi hit Send and began concentrating on the next post for 'The Approaching Darkness'

19. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Oh, did you realise if we added a 'u' to the first letter of our names (yan=y clare=c kim=k), we get 'yuck'. how depressing! [face_laugh]

Yes, I think we're all crazy. [face_laugh]

< > < > < > < > < >

I waited for the printer to spit out the last sheet of paper, then stapled the two sheets of essay together. Homework done, I opened Internet Explorer. The main page of the message boards I frequented loaded, displaying a banner decorated with the various Jedi -- and ex-Jedi, Count Dooku --from AOTC. Bright cyan letters informed me that I had received a new PM.

I opened it. The message from 'I love Sci Fi' read:

I don't know about feeling things...I guess, but that's like a gut instinct, couldn't be the force, right??....on the other hand I made one of the jerks in my school run up and down he halls singing the Barney song today...do you think that's of the dark side?...And I made my teacher think that I was actually doing the work while I tried to make my pencil float...I've got a message from mara too, I think it's about this...Are we all crazy????

I read it -- and was so stunned that for a few seconds I couldn't do anything but stare speechlessly at the screen.

I had hoped just to share what had happened with someone else, but little had I known that the very person I told could use the Force as well! This was better than I could ever hope for. She could understand better than anyone else, except for Kim and Yan Yan, what had happened, because she could use the Force!

Eagerly, I clicked on the reply button and started typing away.

:eek: You can use the Force too?! :eek: And two of my classmates and I thought that we were the only ones!

Gut instinct...I'm not sure, but I think it is the Force...trust your instincts, feel, don't think and all that.

You made someone sing the Barney song? It might be the dark side... :D Seriously speaking, though, I think the line that divides the light side and the dark side is finer than a hair. I'm guessing it might be considered a trivial use of the Force, but I don't think it belongs to only the dark or the light side. I mean, it isn't a really terrible, dark act, but neither is it one that's peaceful, blahblahblah. It's not the act that matters, but the circumstances under which it is performed. If it had been done in anger, it's kinda dark side, but if it had been done...I dunno, maybe if it had been done
    not in anger, then it is light side. Don't take my word for it, though. I'm no expert after all.

You tricked the teacher? Cool. Seems like it's a universal thing to do. :D My classmate tricked our teacher too. She stopped her watch and sped up the classroom clock to make her think that it was the end of school when it wasn't, and the three of us Jedi-mind-tricked a classmate into going away and not asking us questions (she saw a tube of Mentos being summoned to my classmate's hand).

mara? There're more than one mara's on the boards...which one are you referring to?

Are we crazy? Maybe, but I hope not...

btw, in about an hour and a half, my two classmates I mentioned and I will be discussing our situation on MSN. I don't know what the time difference is between Singapore (where I live) and the U.S., but if you're still awake then, or have the opportunity, please do join us. And please let mara know. Add me to your contact list: jedi_clare@hotmail.com .

MTFBWY
    Clare

I sent the PM.

There were two others. That made five of us. I wondered if there were any more.

Tay Neir likes this.
  20. kimbilili-k-s

Jul 9, 2002
    I shifted the whole message from up there to down here. You might like to read what is up there now. I changed it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Dialing...
    Connected to remote computer...
    Verifying username and password...
    Logging on to network...

I signed in to MSN Messenger, and immediately, a window popped up.

Clare: Kim!!!
    Yan: You're FINALLY here...i thought you'd forgotten all about it.
    Kim: How could I have?
    C: ok, let's launch straight into the topic.
    K: Hm...I'm quite confused.
    Y: Yea! I mean, why and when were we given this power?
    K: And for what purpose?

*pause*

C: You don't suppose - that the few of us who has it have some sort of mission to accomplish?
    Y: No way! How could it be?
    C: Then why? There has to be a reason.
    K: *gulp* I dread to think of the mission possibilities.
    Y: What could we have been sent to change? And when?
    C: Sigh. Only time will tell.
    K: Do you realise that we are force users, and force users...erm - were trained to be Jedi?
    Y: Good point, but aren't we a little too old?
    C: Yea, they have to train them like, when they are about 3 or 4 years old...
    Y: Then maybe I might get to see Obi-Wan!!!
    C: Or Qui Gon...
    K: Oh shut up, i don't think i'll get to see Vader.
    Y: Oh Vadey.
    K: YAN!
    C: ok, ok enough. I think maybe we should impose some restrictions on this force thing...like what we can do with it, and what we can't.
    K: Sure. If we don't I may end up hurting ~some~ people when i'm in a violent mood.
    Y: And try not to make it seem too obvious when we're using the force.
    K: Speaking of that, I tried it out during bball training this afternoon. Angie came along...just as I used the force to put the ball in the net when it so obviously wasn't going in...
    C: Uh, bad idea.
    K: I'll say. So I used the mind trick to make her forget...but she resisted.
    Y: She what?!?
    K: Resisted. Maybe a first, but not the second time.
    C: Maybe we need to practice it so we can become stronger.
    Y: Like how?! practice it on each other?!
    K: No way man.
    C: haha...then how?
    K: No idea. Maybe we'll just keep it to objects for the time being.
    Y: Hm...I was wondering, if we were given the force...maybe we were supposed to be sent on a mission...where might we get sent to?
    C: You mean which planet?
    Y: Yea...maybe Tatooine or something to baby sit *dear Annie*.
    K: That would be the least drastic thing that could happen.
    Clare: Haha. Hey, I've got another friend I might like to invite here...wait while I get her, k?
    K: Sure.
    Y: Is she a force user too?
    C: Yea.
    K: COOL.

~~~~~~~~~

Tay Neir likes this.
  21. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    Amanda logged back on and quickly sent messages back.

First to Clare It's young_mara, you can add me too, my ID is Jedigirl, scifigirl@hotmail.com, I'd love to chat with ya :)

Laughing at mara's she replied, It's JediClare. Maybe we really should talk about the dark side, you know I don't want to turn sith ;)

Sitting back she waiting for them to reply, **Oh I hope they're online.**
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    yes, that's my real screenname, but no that's not my real e-mail, see my bio for that ;))

22. young_mara

Sep 24, 2001
    It's JediClare. Maybe we really should talk about the dark side, you know I don't want to turn sith

Michi read the PM, thinking carefully. JediClare...somehow that name rang a bell. She dismissed the thought, and typed the reply:

I don't want to turn to the dark side either. oh, BTW, do you have MSN Messenger?

23. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    ~giggles~

Hey! This is great!

Mind if I jump in?

Keep up the good work!

24. kimbilili-k-s

Jul 9, 2002
    yea, sure! :D

25. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    Yay!

Name: Seven

Physical characteristics: Light blond hair, short, light hazel eyes, and highly dislikes "Female" clothing.

Other: Loves Star Wars of any kind, and is a firm believer their is a balance of good and evil in everyone. Lives with her twenty one yearold brother, her perants are deceased.

A first post?
    ~~~~~~

Seven once again awoke to the dull grey tones of her room. She pushed her light blond hair away from her eyes and slowly rose from her bed.

Her alarm clock, the blasted thing, had once again failed to go off. "Carp!" She cried, jumping around the room in a whirlwind to try to find her school books. "Where's my math binder?"

"Areyou awake yet, Sev?" Zen called up. "You've missed your first class again!"

"NOT MY FAULT!" Seven cried down the stairs. "Your my guardian. Your suposed tomake sure I'm up, or that my clock works!"

Zen smiled, "Hurry. And you can make it to second."

Seven smiled as she rushed down the stairs. "My bike is ready?" She asked as she grabbed a peice of toast.

"Of course. I'm working late tonight. so your on our own, kay?"

"Sure, Zen." Seven said, runnning out the door. "Don't over work yourself!"

"I won't over work myself..." Zen said in a dream like tone.

Seven tossed him a glare as she pedaled for the life of her to school.

~~~~~~

Seven sat bored in her math class. The teacher was done his usual speel about how they all had to work harder and unit circles.

"You should give us a free class." Seven muttered, looking at the teacher.

Mr. Sefton, the wonderful math teacher, all of a sudden went stiff. "I should give you a free class."

Seven looked up surprised. Zen teased her about her star wars obsession, but her teacher didn't know. "Your all dismissed," Seven said waving her hand,undernieth her desk.

"Your all dismissed." Sefton mummbled.

Immediately there was an uproar of praise from the class as books were gathered and everyone rushed out the door.

'Weird...' Seven thought. 'I need to think of something... but what does one generally do when one finds they have what one believes is a belief of fiction?'

Seven sat down in one of her schools many computer labs. "What to do," She mused. "How about theforce.net? Surely somebodythere can help me...."

She sat down and typed a new topic, <Have weird things been happening?>

<Hey! This is Seven, I've had some weird things happened to me just now, and I was wondering if anything strange had happed to anyone else? Please reply if you don't think I'm totally insane...>

As the topic was accepted by the TF.N system, seven shook her head. "I'm insane."

~~~~~~

Tay Neir likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.