main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if you woke up and could use the force.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by I love Sci Fi, Nov 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    ok here is the story....

If you'd like to join please check out our planning thread:
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=4653690&replies=0
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Amanda woke to her beeping alarm. "Oh Force." She muttered and waved at the alarm begging it to turn off.

Sitting up she gasped in surprise and grabbed her alarm. Sure enough the switch was in the off position.

"Amanda you have really been reading too much fan fic." She muttered as she went into the bathroom to take her shower.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Later that day
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Excuse me." Amanda heard a voice say behind her quietly and turned to see another girl about her age trying to make it through a crowd of boys who were completly ignoring her.

"Hey." Amanda said grabbing her by the hand and pulling her through the group. "You need some help?"

"Uh, um, yea, sure." The girl stampered.

Amanda smiled. "You new?"

"Yea." The girl said quietly and Amanda saw her eyes dart around as she looked for an escape route.

"Hi. I'm Amanda. I'm new too, just moved in about 3 weeks ago. Haven't made many friends though. What's your name?" She said in a single breath.

"Uh, Jan." The girl said quickly. "Excuse me." She said and took off.

Amanda sighed as the girl left. **You really do need to develop some tact.** She repremanded herself. **How are you ever going to make friends if you keep scaring everyone away? Be kinder.** She nodded to herself as she headed to her next class. **Kinder, right.*
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    OK there it is, I hope whoever plays Jan doesn't mind that I used her char.

2. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Sunny woke up to her father's voice. "Sunny, Sunny, get up!!! Come on, school starts soon!"

Sunny groaned and pulled at her covers. "Tell the school that I have died and am unable to come." She said, pulling her pillow over her head.

Sunny's father grinned. "Come on, punkin. You can do it. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, it's a beautiful...." He started to sing an old tv show theme song for kids, and Sunny sat up.

"Ah! Stop, I'm up!" She cried, swinging her legs over the bed anbd running her fingers through her tangled black hair. Her father laughed and walked off. "Grumble, grumble..." Said Sunny, reaching for her clothes and pulling them on. When would her father grow up?
    Sunny ran in to the classroom late. "Sorry, sorry." She said, sliding into her desk and tossing her hair behind her. Her teacher glowered at her, but she ignored him.

She turned to her best friend, Summer. "Hey, you won't believe what happened to me this morning...." She siad, and told Summer about her father's wake up call this morning. Summer busted out laughing, and Sunny joined her. The whole class turned to stare at them, and they fought to get themselves under control.

The teacher shot her a angry look, and Sunny grew angry. She really didn't like that teacher. She wished that the teacher's whiteboard marker would fly into his mouth. She put her hand up, fantacizing shoving it in his mouth, when all of a sudden, the marker flew form his hand and into his mouth, painting his tongue black. He struggled with it, and Sunny laughed.

How weird! She thought. Wonder how that happened, but she pushed it away as the teacher pulled it out of his mouth, and, now greatly embarresed, continued the lecture.

She opened her math book, sighing, trying to concentrate, but still wondering what was going on.

3. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2000
    "Emily, get up!"

Em groaned, pulling her pillow over her head.

"Emily, wake up!" Her mother yelled again.

"Emmy, mom says you have to get up." She peered out from under her pillow to find her little brother standing just outside her door.

"Go away. I just went to bed." She mumbled, glaring at him.

"No. Mom says get up!"

She sat up with a yawn. She motioned at him to go away.

It slammed shut with a loud bang.

Her eyes widened. "Sith!"

She stared at the door, then motioned with her hand for the door to open.

Nothing.

"I think all this Star Wars all the time is starting to mess with my mind." She grumbled, before glancing at the clock.

"SITH!" Half an hour till school started. Jumping up, she began to search through the many boxes still scattered through her room, trying to find her bag. What a great way to start her first day back in town after 10 years!

4. AuntySnuggly

AuntySnuggly Jedi Youngling

Aug 28, 2001
    Guess it's my turn. This is the first time I've worked with anyone else to write so bear with me if I mess up a few times. Thanks. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Angela groaned as she woke up to her alarm blaring in her ear.

"Angie, time to get up. Your supposed to be at school in twenty minutes." her father called from the kitchen.

"Sithspit. I'm going to be late on the first day." Angela muttered to herself as she jumped out of bed and rushed to get dressed.

"Dad, can I get a ride please?" she called as she pulled on her shoes and quickly tied them.

"Yes but this better not happen again. Remember that you have to stay at your Aunts house after school until I come pick you up after work. Now hurry so you can eat something." her father said as she reached for her backpack and it flew into her hand.

"Coming, I just need to brush my hair." Angela replied as she shook off her surprise and grabbed her hairbrush and quickly got it under control. Sometimes it was a real pain having a combination of natural curls and natural waves in your hair. It tended to get snarled as soon as you finished brushing it. She stuffed her hairbrush into her pack and then quickly tied her hair in a loose pony tail to keep it out of her eyes.

Angela ran down to the kitchen and grabbed the toast that was waiting for her and her money for lunch before running out to the car where her father was waiting.

Ten minutes later they pulled up in front of the school and Angela jumped out of the car and took off running since she only had about two minutes to get to class. She glanced down at her schedule to find out what class she had first and groaned when she saw that it was chemistry which was at the other end of the school. She ran the entire way and rushed into the classroom and quickly took her seat.

"Sorry I'm late." she said quietly as she sat down and pulled out her notebook and pencil.

5. young_mara

young_mara Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2001
    My turn!

Beep-Beep!
    beep-beep!
    BEEP-BEEP!
    "Oh, just shaddup, you fricking alarm!" Michelle groaned. She reached out with a hand and slapped the 'snooze' button.
    5 minutes later...
    BEEP-BEEP!!!
    BEEP-BEEP!!!
    "Urrgh! FINE, I'll get up!" Michelle managed somehow to struggle out of bed and brush her teeth.
    15 minutes later...
    "AARGH!! Where on EARTH did my Geography book go?!" Michelle was frantic now, rushing all over the house looking everywhere.
    "Your book's under the bed!" her sister yelled.
    "???! How on earth?!" she crawled under the bed. Sure enough, there it was.
    "Oh, *great*." she stretched, but her hand wasn't long enough. "Come here....."
    It slid into her hand.
    She blinked. "Holy....Oh, nevermind, I'm late! Bye mum!"
    Michelle rushed out of the door and began running to school.
    "What do I have first?" she racked her brain as she ran. "Ummmm.....Chemistry! Good..."
    A few minutes later, barely making it before the bell, she slid into a desk and took out her books.

I forgot to mention that Michelle lives practically next door to the school.

6. Aralna

Aralna Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2000
    Laura woke up early. Well, "early" in her opinion was anytime before 8 am. She turned to glare at her alarm clock, which was cheerfully playing an annoying song. She waved her hand at it, motioning pressing the sequence of buttons that would turn it off until the next day. The noise stopped and Laura drifted back to sleep quickly.

15 minutes before the bus would arrive, she heard a yell from the living room. "Laura! Are you up yet?!"

"I am now, Mom." Laura glanced at the clock. "What?! Mom, why didn't you wake me up earlier?" she grabbed a pair of clothes and threw them on, then heated up breakfast, packed her bag, and grabbed her breakfast as she ran out the door. How did I oversleep? Why didn't my alarm go off? She sighed. Had she managed to mute it again? No, that couldn't be. Her mind drifted to the dream she'd had. That was a nice dream. Wait a sec! I turned off my alarm in that dream, didn't I? That couldn't have been real! I never touched the alarm! But as she thought about it, she became more and more sure, that her dream had not, in fact, been a dream.

She walked into math class, her first class that day. A little while after class had started, a girl walked in. Not long after she and her friend burst into laughter. Laura turned to glare along with the rest of the class. Laura didn't have anything against Sunny, but math class never put her in a good mood, and since events seemed to be conspiring gainst her today, she was easily annoyed. How many times does he have to go over this?! I figured it out last year...

Not long after, though, her mood was desined to improve. As the marker floated out of his control, Laura barely held in her laughter, but couldn't stop the grin. As class settled back into it's normal routine, she couldn't help but think, That was like what I did this morning! And I didn't do that, so that means someone else can use-what's the word?-telekenisis! She glanced around the room, wondering who it was.
    -----
    Hope that wasn't boring. :)

7. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Sunny struggled to concentrat on her math book. She hoped no one had noticed her look of shock when it had happened. She may have been loud and weird a lot, but on the whole she was a pretty good kid, and her parents would not take well to her getting detention on the first day if Mr. Harell suspected.

She looked around the room, and saw one girl, Laura she thought her name was, looking around the room inquistively. Sunny quickly looked away, avoiding her gaze.

When class let out, she and Summer walked out the door togetger. Summer was laughing. "His face was so funny! You..." She said, but noticed that Sunny wasn't laughing. "Ok, what's wrong?" She said.

"Nothing...It's just that when that happened, I was fantasicizing shoving that marker in his mouth, and when I lifted my hand, it happened!" She said slowly.

Summer laughed. "You have been watching way to much Star Wars, Sunny, it's finally getting to you! What's your next class?"

"World Civ." Sunny said, and faked gagging. "I wouldn't mind it if it weren't for the fact that I had to take it in 5th, 8th, and now, plus my dad is a histroy freak, and we've studied it three times. I know more than the teacher does!" She cried.

Summer laughed. "Well, I have spanish, so I'll see you at lunch." She said.

"Bye!" Sunny called, and turned to see Laura watching her. She had a strange look on her face, but she looked away when Sunny glanced at her.

Sunny swallowed nervously, and headed for her next class. She hoped that Laura didn't suspect and turn her in. She didn't know Laura well, she didn't know what she would do if she knew. Maybe Summer was right. Maybe she ahd been watching too much Star Wars, and that was it.

Sunny shook her head as she walked in the door of her next class. Somehow, she didn't think so.

Hey, hope you don't mind that I played off of that, Aralna!

8. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Emily walked through the halls, completely lost.

"Gone ten years, and they change everything." She muttered.

She had completely missed the first class of the day, being stuck in the office as the secretary tried to find her schedule. She hadn't realized into she was in the hall that she didn't know where the classes were, and she hadn't really wanted to face that lady again.

Just then, the bell rang, signalling the end of the first period.

The halls filled almost immediately.

Em stood by the wall, then sighed. Gathering up all the courage she could muster, she approached one girl standing at her locker.

"I'm new here and I was wondering if you could help me find the next class?" She asked, before she lost her nerve.

9. Aralna

Nov 1, 2000
    As Laura walked out of math, she wondered why Sunny had dodged her gaze. Had she been the one to do that? If she did, maybe I should thank her. That's got to have been the most entertaining math class since, well, since I can remember. She watched Sunny, now suspecting ithat it had been her, but as she saw Sunny glance in her direction she looked away. Maybe she didn't see me. I don't want her to know I suspect her, at least, not yet.

She glanced at her watch. Great! I wasted too much time thinking, now there's no way I can get to my locker and make it to class on time. Luckily this wasn't a problem, since her next class didn't require her to bring anything with her, except her brain. She started across the school for her computer class. Everything there would have to be normal, right?
    ------------
    Nah, I didn't mind, Jacinta, after all, I've based off yours twice now. :)

10. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    Amanda sighed and shoved her locker shut. She had started out the day scaring one person and since then not managed to do a single thing right.

ERrr. She growled and kicked her locker shut as it jammed open at the bottom. Turning around she nearly ran into another girl.

"Excuse me." she said and started to walk around her when the girl spoke up.

"I'm new here and I was wondering if you could help me find the next class?" She asked, before she lost her nerve.

"Uh, well, I'm sort of new too, where exactly are you trying to get to?" She asked trying desperatly not to offend another new kid.

"English."

"Cool, me too. I can show you the way, it's not too far. Oh, by the way my name's Amanda what's yours?" She asked starting to walk.

"Emily." The girl said.

"Cool, I like it." Amanda said with a grin.

11. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Man, you miss one day and everything is different. Here's my post. Sorry it's late.

Kris sighed as she hit her alarm. She glanced at it and gave a small smile. The best thing about being a senior was that she didn't have a full schedule and didn't need to be at school so early.

She got up and ready for another wonderfull day of school. Grabbing a sandwhich and glass of milk for breakfast she headed to her car. Swinging her bag to the passengar seat she climbed in. She reached for the keys and... grabbed air.

"Great, now where did I leave my keys?" Kris glanced at her watch. "Sith! I've got to go!" She fanticly searched the front and back seats but found nothing. She was about to head back into the house when she got an image of them underneath the cat's food dish.

"Now why would I think of that?" She snorted then shrugged. Might as well check. The food dish was in the garage next to the door. She walked over, lifted the bowl and low and behold there were her keys.

She stood there looking at her keys for a minute, totally confused and even a little scared. /Why did I even think of that? They've never been there before./ She took a deep breath and shrugged it off. /You've been reading way too much Star Wars. Maybe Mom's right. I've got to stop or I'll go crazy or something. Thinking I can see things before they happen or even/ she laughed at the thought /lift things. Oh, that would be good./ She picked the keys up and got back to her car.

Kris climbed back into her in, started the car and drove off to school. Just about forgetting all about the cat bowl and missing keys.
    _________

So, how's that? I read everyone else and they were all lifting things. I thought this would be a different apporch. :)

12. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    no alarm? ;) good idea though.

13. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Emily smiled, breathing a sigh of relief.

"Thank you." She said gratefully. "You don't know how long I've been wandering around these halls."

They walked in silence for a few moments. Emily felt like she had to say something. "So, you said you're new? Where'd you move here from?"

14. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Sunny sighed as she slid into her seat. Oh boy, what was going on? She bit a fingernail, not hearing the bell ring or her teacher's voice.

"SUNNY!" The teacher declared loudly.

"Huh? Wha?" Sunny said, coming out of hre thoughts.

"I would appreciate it if you would pay attention. I almost marked you absent! This is not the way to start my class, young lady!" She said angrily.

"Sorry." Sunny mumbled. "Here." She said. The teacher continued roll call, and Sunny looked around to see if she knew anyone in this class. She hoped so, World Civ was so boring!

15. AuntySnuggly

Aug 28, 2001
    Angela looked around the classroom as she entered and quickly took the last seat in the class next to another girl that looked out of breath.

She was about to introduce herself when the teacher started class and they had to choose future lab partners.

The girl she had been about to approach looked around and sighed and Angela decided to approach her.

"Um, hello. My name is Angela and I just moved here. Would you like to be my lab partner?" she said as she tried not to stutter. She had never been very good at approaching other people and she hoped she didn't sound foolish.

"Sure. I'm Michelle." the other girl said with a smile and then Angela sat back down as she smiled back.

The rest of the class they spent discussing the course sylabus for the year and making sure they had all of their papers filled out. They also had a list of things they needed for class and were assigned equipment drawers.

At the end of the class Angela turned to her new friend and asked,"My next class is Spanish. Could you show me the way?"

16. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Kris scowled as she put her bag in her locker and took out her books for her first class.

Spanish. Agh. Not the best way to start a day. But she needed the class to graduate. She sighed as she shut her locker. Only one more year, she told herself. Hopefully there wouldn't be a pop quiz today. That would just make it so much better.

She entered the room. It was almost empty. But then it usually was when she got there. The other classes just got out and kids were still at their lockers.

Kris took a seat in the middle near the wall. Other kids started to trickle in and fill the room. Kris smiled hello to a few, feeling suddenly out of place. She had never felt comtorable with people other then her few friends and there weren't many of them in this class.

A girl Kris had never seen before entered the room looking very lost and slightly confused. /I wonder who that is?/

17. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Nah, I love Sci Fi, I don't mind you using Jan. I was wondering how to get her into the story anyway.

Jan regretted not asking Amanda for help. She sure could use a friend. Everything here was so different from back home.
    The bell shrilled for the start of the period. Great. Just great. I'm going to be late, and I've trouble finding my class. The perfect start to a day. She glanced around. There. That was the class. Somehow she just knew it. Weird.
    She rushed in, muttered an apology to the teacher, and sat down in an empty seat. Thankfully, the rest of the period passed without any big problems.
    One period down. Let's see... Jan checked the timetable. Cool. Computer class. She started off down the hall to the computer lab.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I was thinking 'True Destiny' for the title. The characters find themselves in the Star Wars universe, and they fulfil their destinies by being part of Star Wars.

18. young_mara

young_mara Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2001
    Aunty smuggly, Michelle's a loner........

"Spanish, huh? Well, the classrooms should be a floor up from here. Did the schedule say what class?" asked Michelle.
    "Unfortunately, no." Angela sighed.
    "Oh. Well, I've got Biology next. See ya!"
    "Bye."
    Michelle walked to her next class, feeling happy. She loved anything to do with Science and being alone. Then, she felt someone tug her ponytail.
    "Oy!" she yelled and slapped the offending hand.
    "Ow!" a male woice yelped.
    Michelle whirled around. "Andy! I should have known you'd come sneak behind me." she grinned.
    "Yeah, always do. Next time, you'll get a poke in the ribs. I gotta go for my next class. Sayanora!"
    Michelle waved bye and headed off.

Too short.........darn

19. Aralna

Nov 1, 2000
    Laura wished again that she was allowed to go online instead of do the class work. 'm going to be way ahead in a few days anyway. It's not my fault some of the people who enrolled in this can't tell the difference between MHz and a MB...

She'd managed to get to class with time to spare, and sat down. she tped in her ID and password and waited for the comp to log on. She checked the week's assignments, and started. Half way through, the computer stopped responding to her commands. She went to hit Ctrl+Alt+Del but stopped. It's not frozen, it's something else... She focused her mind on the computer, and suddenly understood. A cord had been knocked loose. Laura concentrated on the an imaged cord, and slid it toward the plug. As it connected, her computer beeped. I knew I should have turned off the speakers! Or muted it, either way. She hoped no one had noticed, the speakers weren't supposed to be on. She reached forward, turned it off and glanced around the room.

20. AuntySnuggly

Aug 28, 2001
    Angela quickly went up to the second floor and tried to find the next classroom. Unfortunately she was completely lost and just stood there looking very confused.

"I hate new schools." she muttered in frustration. It was bad enough she was two years ahead of the other kids her age and she had a hard time making friends. She didn't like being different from everyone else and was often alone. She had gotten used to it though and it didn't affect her work at all but she was lonely.

She didn't even know her Aunt who she was supposed to stay with. They had never lived in the same state and as a result she had never met her or her cousin.

"Well, I should probably ask someone for directions." she muttered thinking to her self that they would probably think she was stupid for not knowing where her class was.

"This day has to get better." she said with a sigh before looking for someone who looked friendly to ask where her classroom was.

21. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    Amanda smiled as they walked into the room. "I'm from a tiny town in Missouri." She said with a smiled. "Here we are." She said and dumped her books on her desk before sharpening her pencil then returned to her desk and sat down as the others entered the room and the bell rang.

Sighing she sat back and chewed on her pencil.

"Good morning class." The teacher said with way to much cheer after he had talked to the new girl.

**Crud, please don't tell me we're going to have a quiz that I forgot about.** The teacher was only this happy when he had a quiz.

"This morning you will be having a pop quiz."

**Pop quiz, ok that's why I didn't know about it.** Amanda groaned along with the rest of her class but then spoke up very seriously.

"You're joking, we don't have a quiz today."

"I'm joking, you don't have a quiz today." The teacher repeated.

Amanda's eyes widened and she could see hers weren't the only ones. The new kid was surprised too.

**No, he didn't just say that. I've tried that trick every pop quiz since I moved here. It never works. He always just laughs and tells me nice try.** Her thoughts were racing. **Great Amanda, now your really going crazy!**

22. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Well joining kinda late, but here you go!

~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~

Sadie watched the needle on the speedometer climb into the fifties. Smiling with the exhilaration of going at such a speed down the twisty, narrow road that lead away from her home she did not regret being forced to buy her primer-gray Studabaker she had lovingly coined the Death Star. The engine roared with the power of the six cylinder engine, and the fuzzy cow print seat covers along with the head bobbing Chihuahua added to the character of the car.

Out of the corner of her eye she imagined she saw a cop car. Slamming on the brakes, hearing the tires squeal on the asphalt she managed to get down to the prescribed twenty-five miles of the posted speed limit signs. "Where the heck did that cop car go to?" she mused to herself, "they usually don't patrol out here, at least not at this time in the morning."

From behind her a red Mustang careened down the road and passed her easily. With a blur of lights a cop car pulled out from a small side road and proceeded to pull over the speeder. Grinning Sadie waved at the frustrated man in the driver's seat, "hehe, sucker, shouldn't have gotten caught."

It took her only several more minutes to arrive at the school, late for her second class, Spanish. Fighting to get her locker opened she realized that it was not hers, sheepishly and looking around to make sure no one noticed she moved two lockers down to her own. A minor explosion occurred as she opened the door, papers, books, art supplies and garbage rained out into the hall. Groaning Sadie kicked at the papers, how was she going to get this cleaned up?

"Hey Sade, what's up? Didn't see you on the net last night." She turned to see her friend Mikey smiling at her.

"Yeah, well I was too busy being an absolute artistic genius to really have much time, you had really see my latest work."

He knelt down and shoved some of the papers into her locker, "what is it this time? Yoda or Darth Vader?" Chuckling he remembered his friend's odd taste in art sometimes extended into paintings of her favorite Star Wars or movie characters. So far his favorite had been Dr. Frank N Furtur from The Rocky Horror picture show, but Sadie seemed to enjoy doing paintings of Jedi more than any thing else.

Sniffing indignantly Sadie frowned, "just for that you are to clean up this mess." Grabbing her Spanish book she began heading down the hall, "oh and if you want to know I did a painting of Bonsai Tree that sorta looked like Yoda and Jabba the Hutt mixed together."

23. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Emily's eyes widened as the teacher repeated what Amanda said. She slowly turned and looked at her new friend.

'A Jedi Mind Trick?' She shook her head. No, is was impossible. But...what about the strange tingling feeling in the back of her mind that had occured a few moments before.

She chewed on her lip. After class, she had to talk to Amanda.

24. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    Amanda stood up and hurried out of the classroom as the bell finally rang. That had been one wierd class.

She had just made it to her locker when she felt a tap on her shoulder. Surprised she whirled around expecting to see one of the jerk boys.

"Emily!" She gasped dropping her arm.

25. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    "Hi Amanda." Emily said, smiling slightly before becoming completely serious. "Maybe I'm just going crazy, but I swear someone did a Jedi Mind Trick on the teacher in class today."

She paused for a moment, then continued. "Did you do it?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.