What if??-Yuuzhan Vong vs. Borg!!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Qui-Gonn Jinn, Nov 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valiento Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Well, I think we are generally in agreement, and you added to points I was trying to get across in ways I intended but didn't have time to type down.

Just one thought though.

"IMHO, I would say that it is in fact bad writing, because things should become more interesting the more you learn about them."

Of course on these boards, people argue that a mysterious story telling feature should remain mysterious, or it loses some of it's magic. If that belief is true some might argue that knowing too much about the borg is what ruined there characters. Just a thought.

My point is what might be considered bad writing to one, might be considered interesting writing to another. But I understand where both sides are coming from, :D. So all oppinions on that subject are dewly noted, and accepted as personal choices on the matter.

But beyond that I found alot of the new ideas brought out on voyager to be interesting in pretty much the same ways you did.
  2. dragonmaster Jedi Padawan

I suspect that perhaps the Vong already met something like the Borg. Why else flee their home galaxy with such a hatred for technology.
  3. Kier_Nimmion Jedi Grand Master

star 5

I don't think they are fleeing, I think they have already conquered and slaughtered everything else in their home galaxy. Now they are simply spreading their cancer elsewhere.
  4. Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Technology does not define a society. Art does.
  5. Valiento Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    "Science is an art"
    -Author Unknown.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.