main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by JediMasterBranondias, Aug 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterBranondias

JediMasterBranondias Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2003
    Hey guys,
    Sorry if this has been done b4... I just thought it would be an interesting thread, not original, just interesting.
    As it is plain to see this thread is a place where certain scenarios can be played out. At the beginning of each week or so I will announce a new "what if" question & then we can spend the week discussing and debating what would have happened or been different if such & such had occured. Be creative & original as u can be... get ppl to think.
    To start us off, something easy:
    What would have happened if Anakin hadn't turned to the Darkside, but rather learned of Palp's ways and in time took him out (like he was supposed to)?

Okay, debate away!

2. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    They all would've lived happily ever after.

Except Anakin and Palpatine that is...

3. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    I thiink JediMasterGuff covered it nicely ;)

4. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    Palps would have found someone else...

5. JediMasterBranondias

Feb 27, 2003
    Heh, I got bored w/ that topic quick...

Here's a new one guys... will change it out Friday or Sat.

Another simple one:

1. When Mace had his sabre to Dooku's throat, what would have been different in the rest of the movie if he had gone ahead and chopped Dook's head off.

I will let someone else do one next time.

Also if you want to...

2. What if 3PO had been destroyed in the Geonosisian droid assembly area?

6. Darth_MacDaddy

Darth_MacDaddy Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    1. When Mace had his sabre to Dooku's throat, what would have been different in the rest of the movie if he had gone ahead and chopped Dook's head off.

He'd have been dead! Pretty obvious!

2. What if 3PO had been destroyed in the Geonosisian droid assembly area?

The OT would have been a lot quieter!

7. young_paddy1

young_paddy1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    A1. Dooku would have a space where his head was

A2. Han, Luke, Leia and R2 would have met death by Ewok (although they wouldn't have been sacrificed in 3PO's honour so would they?) hmmm *ow* my head hurts.

What if Luke was sent to live with Organa and Leia was left on the moisture farm.

8. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    As it is plain to see this thread is a place where certain scenarios can be played out. At the beginning of each week or so I will announce a new "what if" question & then we can spend the week discussing and debating what would have happened or been different if such & such had occured.

OMG, i hates ordinary What If threads enough :(

9. COSLeiaOrganaSolo

COSLeiaOrganaSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 15, 2002
    What if Luke was sent to live with Organa and Leia was left on the moisture farm.

Probably role reversal. Leia would have gotten the droids on Tatooine, found a message from Luke saying that he needs Obi-Wan's help, Obi-Wan would have given Leia the lightsaber, Leia would become the one trained in the Force, and Luke would marry Han. I mean...uh...

10. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    What if 3PO had been destroyed in the Geonosisian droid assembly area?

I think that OT would never had moved along as it did...oh wait, he wasn't really a key model for the story! [face_shocked]

*writes him out of the script*

There!

11. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    Mace never had the lightsaber to Dooku's throat, it was at Jango's throat ;)

12. Darth_MacDaddy

Darth_MacDaddy Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Correct!

Luke could have fulfilled his destiny and finally become a woman!

And Leia could have cut some graft ;)

13. JediMasterBranondias

Feb 27, 2003
    DOOD, thanks Kit for pointing that out to me.

*hits head repeated times for being stoopid*

I should have remembered that!

My brain has been turned off.

Oh and about that Leia/Luke role reversal:

I'm thinking that if they had switched places things would have gone far different in the CT.

First of all, Luke would have possibly been trained secretly from his childhood, thus making him a worthy adversary for Darth. That is only if the Emperor did not find him and have him murdered (b/c of that he definetly couldn't have taken Leia's role as an ambassador or whatever she was.)
    But another hole in ideas is, if Ben stayed on Tatooine, would Luke have ever been trained, seeing as since there were no nearby, LIVING jedi at the time!
    And then you have to take into consideration.....

*Brain suddenly shuts down from overload*
    *A maintenance droid putters over to do repairs*

14. JediMasterBranondias

Feb 27, 2003
    Sorry if this idea seems overdone. It's just I have seen it done b4 on over sites based on various books and movies and sitcoms and the like. It's interesting to me to ponder the many variations in asking this type question.

Like what if... The Emp had suceeded in killing Luke in RotJ? What if... Han had been raised w/ another race of creatures instead of Wookies. What if... Ob1 hadn't been killed by DV in ANH.... think about it...

15. Bid4Tuna

Bid4Tuna Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2003
    i'm not sure what would happen but it would certainly be oftly strange!

16. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Do you think if Leia were the one to be trained as a Jedi, she would have done it as well as Luke? Perhaps she would still fall in love with Han, and then that would cause some problems

-sj loves kevin spacey

17. Gaeri

Gaeri Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 12, 2003

This makes me smile as I try to imagine Luke not being awkward and gangly but instead having the composure of someone raised in a royal house. And to think of Leia with dirt under her nails and racing speeders with her friends across the desert. It's the differences in their childhoods that would make this "what if" fun to think about.

18. JediMasterBranondias

Feb 27, 2003
    That would be an interesting turn of events Solojones. I could really see that being played out in the movie and Darth using that against her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.