main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What in TFA do you think made George Lucas cringe?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LukeWhosTalking, Dec 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vehgah

Vehgah Jedi Knight star 4

May 8, 2014
    The way he beat that Sith TaunTaun into submission was a sight to see.

darklordoftech likes this.
  2. LukeWhosTalking

LukeWhosTalking Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2015

Actually it's what could make GL cringe - meaning things that he might have felt Disney mutilated, and we as fans, could understand why. I think Jakku as a like for like replacement for Tatooine could be one. I mean, there's literally no difference, and I even think Tatooine was better realised.

This thread isn't to mock GL, but to put ourselves in his shoes perhaps. I actually feel rather sorry for him that he has to go through the press tour talking about TFA - essentially someone 'messing' with what he created and owned but he no longer has any ownership over it. And GL clearly loved SW.

ucdex likes this.
  3. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Force Ghost star 4

May 8, 2002
    I think my point is made.

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  4. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

Tauntaun. ;) The Dark Side is no match for the power of a smelly and exposed digestive system.

5. ucdex

ucdex Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 20, 2015

He was at the premiere and always wanted Disney to handle the property. He may have liked some story elements to have remained, but like he was famously quoted (paraphrasing him talking to disney) 'it's your property now' when they decided to move some of the plot points around.

I don't think he's bitter or cringing about anything, or I don't get that from him and he's given a lot of interviews and talks in the past year.

6. Argalin

Argalin Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    Han wields one to save Luke in ESB so George already made George cringe.

7. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    He's moved on with his life and that's well deserved. I certainly wouldn't mind reading the story he and Arndt were crafting though.

8. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    He probably kept thinking, "Gah!!! Look at all that wasted space in that shot! JJ could have easily fit a few random CGI dinosaurs in there!"

9. Vehgah

Vehgah Jedi Knight star 4

May 8, 2014
    meh, I've been misspelling things all day. Real words, mind you.

10. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    George has already said what bothered him about TFA after seeing it. He said he simply wanted to continue the story in a natural way, and that's what his treatments did. Clearly he didn't want them to essentially retell the story of ANH once again. Rey doing a Force "Hulk Hogan" may bug him too. It seems he knows what they're doing for Ep. 8 - 9, so he knows whether Rey has had previous training or if she just became a badass for no explainable reason. Also, it may bother him that the1st Order and Snoke are so similar to the Empire and a Sith lord. The biggest thing though is that they were more retelling a story rather than continuing it, though I guess he should also feel flattered as it shows the story he came up with way back in the mid 70's still works.

11. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I think George would of hated The Farce Awakens. All there doing is copying everything that haters liked but theirs no originality like in the prequals. We got too see many new planets and got an explination for the Force in TPM. Plus Darth Maul was the best villan in the intire saga. Instead we get an ANH rehash with bad characters, bad dialogs and boring planets. George would of hated it because I hated it.

I know this because I talk to a shrine of George. He communicates with me telepathetically.

Howard Hand, Stoneymonster and HGST like this.
  12. AprilMayJune

AprilMayJune Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2015
    Hmm. I don't know. I hope he's touched that they remade his first Star Wars movie in a loving homage?

13. HGST

HGST Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 25, 2015
    So many angry nerds projecting their own issues with the film onto George Lucas.

It's truly a sight to behold.

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003

Everything in this thread is a retread of stuff being "discussed" in other threads with the names "George" and "Lucas" in the titles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.