main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What instrument do YOU play? - OFFICIAL THREAD

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Mar17swgirl, Mar 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Major_Janson

Major_Janson Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2005
    Clarinet, Bass Clarinet, all types of Saxes, and even Steel Drums (my high school has a band)

2. Darth_Kickass

Darth_Kickass Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    Guitar, Clarinet, and Piano.

3. RogueBoga1138

RogueBoga1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    Piano ( experienced), guitar ( beginner)

4. Jaina_Trickster

Jaina_Trickster Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2004
    Played clarinet in fourth grade, then switched to alto saxophone in fifth grade. High school next year and still going strong with the saxophone :) I also play flute and have tried out the soprano saxophone once ;) Slowly but surely getting into percussion, not really drum set, mostly concert band percussion.

5. Awel

Awel Jedi Master star 1

Apr 27, 2001
    Officially, I'm a violinist. I've played for sixteen years and am studying at a conservatory to get a Bachelor of Music.

I also moonlight as a Celtic fiddler and singer.

6. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    Alto Saxophone.

7. darth_beaner

darth_beaner Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2005
    Tumpet, guitar, drums, piano, conduct.

8. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Piano... sax.

9. Rogue_02

Rogue_02 Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2005
    Yay violin!

That is what I play. I have been playing it for approximately 85.7% of my life. I also play piano and viola fairly well, but I enjoy violin far more and am much, much better at it. I am also working on a bachelors in violin performance, and currently in the 1st violins of the Walla Walla symphony! it's not actually anything to be proud of. Not even as good as the Denver Young Artists Orchestra I grew up in!

10. Darth_Maestro

Darth_Maestro Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2005
    A long time ago i posted that i played French Horn, well know i post that i play Tuba,
    and man to i love low brass there so underappreciated power to the low instruments!!!
    :D

11. JEDI_COUNCIL88

JEDI_COUNCIL88 Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2003
    i play drums,piano, clarinet, cello, viola

12. DarthStothe

DarthStothe Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    I play Trumpet, Piano, Ocarina, Harmonica, and, of course, my voice.

13. Annabel

Annabel Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2005
    I'm only actually proficient in voice and piano--played piano for ten years, and will probably transfer to a conservatory or major in something having to do with voice. But I'm a beginning violinist, and I have a long tradition of being handed an instrument, figuring it out in short order, and teaching myself to play it, so I'm mediocre on the trumpet, recorder, bowed psaltery, traditional wooden flute, and a few others I can't quite remember.

14. -Commander_Thigh-

-Commander_Thigh- Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2004
    Violin! I'm pretty good, too.:-B

15. tjguitar

tjguitar Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2005
    I played cello in orchestra in elementary school.

I play guitar, drums; and mess around with bass and piano/synthesizer

16. Eno

Eno Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2005
    I play tuba and guitar.

It's all about the low brass.

17. Edel-Ien

Edel-Ien Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    Piano and viola. I love to sing more than playing anything...Does anyone not read music well and write in fingerings for piano or viol-family pieces? Guilty!

18. Shitake_Mineko

Shitake_Mineko Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2005
    I played mellophone for about 3 years and have played flute for 6. I also play Japanese drums and Japanese flute. I'm not really the mellophone's biggest fan but whatever. I like it more than I like the concert horn.

19. NaomiOrganaSolo

NaomiOrganaSolo Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 8, 2005
    I play the flute. I used to play the guitar too, but it's been years and I've forgotten how.

20. jeajon126

jeajon126 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2004
    I can play any saxophone very fluently(played for over 7 years),and i can sort of play a flute and a piano

21. darthramzafft1

darthramzafft1 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 24, 2005
    "He doth speak the truth!"

Tuba and Piano.

22. DarthMorsus

DarthMorsus Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2005
    I play the viola pretty well for the number of years I've played it, and I've just started teaching myself piano.

23. Astrogeogal

Astrogeogal Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2005
    My primary instrument has always been flute. I played it all during high school and 4 years of college marching band. I still have 2 flutes in my possession which I only now play on the rare ocassion. During high school, I also played tenor sax for 3 years in the school's pep/jazz band. I took a few brief lessons on french horn and several years ago I bought a keyboard so I could self teach myself it. However, been very slack at playing it.

24. Kalio_Dynkos

Kalio_Dynkos Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    I have had the privilege of being taught two instruments and learning one of my own. I began the Trombone nine years ago and loved it. Loved the pit orchestra and the jazz. Oh, the Jazz. It's a good medium for Star Wars music as well. Second I took up the piano after my grandfather started showing me his skill. Finally, I started guitar about two years ago. That's slow and coming.

25. Darth-Lutgerous

Darth-Lutgerous Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    My primary instrument is the saxophone. I play alto and bari in concert band, orchestra, and marching band. I play the piano as well, but I am not nearly as good as I am at the sax.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.