main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON What interests you about Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by 4ways2rock, Sep 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4ways2rock

4ways2rock Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2004
    I mean besides loving the movies? ...at least the OT.
    I'm new to this board and don't want to be posting things that people aren't in to.

Like are you into:

concept/design work
    modelling
    cosplay/costuming
    collecting
    etc.

Personally I'm into the "art of" stuff, but just wanted to know other ppls interests.

2. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    I'm not really "into" much myself... but I can now say I've been in a fan film... I have a couple of costumes... I have some of the older video games... Some d20 Star Wars, D6 Star Wars... I've got a decent sized collection of Star Wars...

Outside of Star Wars I've a decent collection of comics... and buttons... a little miniature painting... Gaming in the D&D worlds is a big one I guess...

3. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    A couple of us are into costuming ;)
    Welcome to the boards! Do you live in London?

4. 4ways2rock

4ways2rock Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2004
    Thanks for the welcome!
    Ya I live in London, probably for about the past 6 years. I was into collecting figures and what not too but have put that on hold to spend money on other pursuits (house, wedding, etc).

I've been known to paint up a few minitures as well, but use them for playing Risk on a modified ping pong table (@ 4'x8') rather than D&D.

5. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I collect books and boardgames. And I have several versions the the origional trilogy. I never really got into costuming for Star Wars until I was asked to make some for a fan film, but I do costumes in general. I wanted to become a costume designer, but right now that's an unatainable aspiration.

So, if you're in London, that means we have three people here again. We need to do something as a group. Anyone have a DVD player (my computer doesn't count) so we could watch the trilogy? I'm very excited about getting it for my birthday, and I know Deb doesn't have it.

6. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    I have one :) And I've still resisted buying the OT!

7. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    so we can watch movies and work on costumes at the same time?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.