main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

London, ON What interests you about Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by 4ways2rock, Sep 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4ways2rock

4ways2rock Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2004
    I mean besides loving the movies? ...at least the OT.
    I'm new to this board and don't want to be posting things that people aren't in to.

Like are you into:

concept/design work
    modelling
    cosplay/costuming
    collecting
    etc.

Personally I'm into the "art of" stuff, but just wanted to know other ppls interests.

2. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    I'm not really "into" much myself... but I can now say I've been in a fan film... I have a couple of costumes... I have some of the older video games... Some d20 Star Wars, D6 Star Wars... I've got a decent sized collection of Star Wars...

Outside of Star Wars I've a decent collection of comics... and buttons... a little miniature painting... Gaming in the D&D worlds is a big one I guess...

3. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    A couple of us are into costuming ;)
    Welcome to the boards! Do you live in London?

4. 4ways2rock

4ways2rock Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2004
    Thanks for the welcome!
    Ya I live in London, probably for about the past 6 years. I was into collecting figures and what not too but have put that on hold to spend money on other pursuits (house, wedding, etc).

I've been known to paint up a few minitures as well, but use them for playing Risk on a modified ping pong table (@ 4'x8') rather than D&D.

5. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I collect books and boardgames. And I have several versions the the origional trilogy. I never really got into costuming for Star Wars until I was asked to make some for a fan film, but I do costumes in general. I wanted to become a costume designer, but right now that's an unatainable aspiration.

So, if you're in London, that means we have three people here again. We need to do something as a group. Anyone have a DVD player (my computer doesn't count) so we could watch the trilogy? I'm very excited about getting it for my birthday, and I know Deb doesn't have it.

6. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    I have one :) And I've still resisted buying the OT!

7. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    so we can watch movies and work on costumes at the same time?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.