main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC What is a code of conduct?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Jet-Eye, Sep 11, 2008.

?

What is a code of conduct?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Some rubbish code that the South Australians use because they take themselves too seriously

100.0%
  2. Huggard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jet-Eye

Jet-Eye Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2001
  2. Jet-Eye

Jet-Eye Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2001
    None of the other forums, not even the national one, not even bloody NEW ZEALAND, have a code of conduct. Why does SA, the forgotten state, have one?

3. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    The Church Folk can get rowdy after half a dozen coopers down the Adelaide Oval.

Damn Croweaters.

4. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
  5. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    We aren't alone in the world in doing it, other Fan Forces around the world have CoC as well. Its there because there are always trouble makers and we had a very bad incident with a member that crossed all the lines....but as there were no 'official rules' we were very unsure on how to stop something like it happening again. We are a very active Fan Force, doing alot of charity work and public appearances as well as social events. We needed to cover our own to make sure things didn't go a way we couldn't control without having consequences. Some people felt they could behave and act anyway they felt, and with us being in the public eye and being aligned with the SA Cancer Council, Starlight Foundation, Kidsflix, and a few other Children's Charities, we needed to make sure that those Charity groups were not going to see us in a bad light due to the offensive behavior of one person. We enjoy our charity work and don't want it cut off because one person does something stupid.

And we don't take ourselves seriously, we take our charity work seriously, that's all. :)

6. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    We made our forums do something useful.
    We help raise money for charities & do hospital visits for sick kids...

Pretty repulsive & time wasting stuff.....

Each to their own though [face_whistling]

7. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    Hmm we Victorians know how to behave in public and private

8. GypsyJedi

GypsyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2004
    And good on ya for that stuff, but I don't see the need for a sarcastic go at our moral fibre kthxbai.

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Could be taken wrong that you guys said we take ourselves too seriously and have a poll about it....so I think its coming from both sides. ;) Lets all just relax a bit and understand each others point of view. :)

10. GypsyJedi

GypsyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2004
    I realise that now, each to their own and all, but it just seems that everyone is on the defensive in here lately.

And living in the JCC as I do, I tend to see the ' :)' as a sarcastic smug face, rather than anything nice. That could be my issue.

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    grins Mines real!! See!! points to teeth :D It's easy to be jaded when you've been part of this place for as long as we have Skate, and written media is the hardest way to judge emotions ever! Now...gets ice water who wants to cool off?? :D

12. oldbenk31

oldbenk31 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2003
    And the yank says "Cant we all just get along"

My old FF (Rocky Mountain Fan Force) had a CoC, trust me it was needed. On the other hand since i have posted here i havent seen anyone cross and "lines" and that says alot for the type of people you are.

So I guess im 50/50 on it (is there a poll option for thst?)

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    The fact is, it only takes one, and we had one.....crass, crude, rude, offensive, insulting and disgusting....and it was this persons nature....so we had to find a way to keep the person in line with ramifications for their actions. Simple. On the whole, the SAFF gets on just fine.

14. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    Fair enough... I'll go back across the border...

15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I think this subject has been explained, and sorted and the choices are somewhat insulting. So I might just lock this one up now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.