main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WHat is Balmora?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by magneto, Mar 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magneto

magneto Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    ok I see people refering to Balmora(sp)
    can someone tell me about this?
    planet?
    battle?
    what?

2. Waning Drill

Waning Drill Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 30, 1999
    It used to produce weapons and heavy artillery for the Empire. It was featured in Dark Empire II.

3. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    It's a planet, either from DEII or CotJ (or was that Belsavis). I think it's got something to do with industry or war droids or something, but I'm too tired to really htink about it now.

4. magneto

Feb 1, 2001
    I someone said that if the vong went there it would be a great battle.
    ANyone wanna tell me why?

5. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    Belsavis was from CotJ. Not sure about Balmora though.

6. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    "ANyone wanna tell me why?"

I assume because of all the heavy ground vechicles they produce on Balmorra.

Here is Bon Vitas' "The Completely Unofficial Star Wars Encylopedia"entry on for the planet:

Balmorra

an Imperial world responsible for the manufacture of many of the Empire's most destructive weapons, including the AT-ST and many of the Emperor's war droids, Balmorra was originally a base of operations for the Colicoids. After the Battle of Endor, Balmorra was attacked by the group of Dark Jedi who tried to re-establish the Empire after the reborn Empire's death, but the Balmorrans repelled the Empire using the weapons they had built. The planet then became somewhat loyal to the New Republic, initiating trade with the government. When Sedriss rose to power, he forced the Balmorrans into an uneasy arms alliance following a battle between the various war machines produced on the planet. According to Rebellion, Balmorra is located in Sesswenna Sector. (DE1, DE2, REB, HFAS)

With "(DE1, DE2, REB, HFAS)" being Dark Empire, Dark Empire II, Rebellion (thats the game), and The Hunt for Aurra Sing.

7. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    Wasn't balmorra in the first Rogue Spear game? in the mission where yer in a snowspeeder and you have to destroy the AT-AT and AT-ST factories?

8. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    I bet Tenandro Arms is working with Balmorra to produce the YVH...

EDIT : Wrong game... You mean Rogue Squadron. [face_laugh]

And no, I don't think it was Balmorra... Gotta check, though...

My bad. It is indeed Balmorra. :D

9. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    Sesswana-sector?

Does this mean the planet belonged once to Grandmoff Tarkins realm of influence?

10. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    LOL! I said rogue Spear! HA! Atleast i was right about it being in A game. :D

11. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Moff Tarkin had no influence over Balmorra, he controled the Outer Rim from Eruida.

12. Roa

Roa Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2002
    Chissdude is right, Tarkin has no control over Balmorra. It is the game Rebellion that says Balmorra is in the Sesewenna Sector. It also says Coruscant and Chandrila are the same same sector. And we all know thats not true.

13. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Eriadu is also said to be in the Seswenna Sector and the Outer Rim acourding to Rebellion.

14. Elite_Guard

Elite_Guard Jedi Master star 2

Oct 7, 2001
    This is the Battle of Balmorra from DE2, you can see how much trouble the vong would have.

______
    SCENE 1-2 INT. BALMORRA CAPITAL BUILDING

Sound: The scattering of trash, and a man's coughing.

BELTANE: (coughing) Computer.... begin transmission.

Sound: Computer comm comes on.

BELTANE: This is Governor Beltane. Coded transmission to Mon Mothma, leader of the High Council, Alliance Headquarters. They came-- (violent cough) They came like they always do--Star Destroyers flashing out of hyperspace, making threats...

SCENE 1-3 INT. STAR DESTROYER AVENGER BRIDGE - A FEW HOURS EARLIER...

GOIR: The Avenger has achieved hyperspace terminus, Executor Sedriss. The fleet is assembled over the planet Balmorra, and awaits your instructions. We are ready to annihilate the planet upon your command.

SEDRISS: (an extremely deep, smoky voice) Excellent, Goir. For years, Governor Beltane bragged that his war machines were the only reason for the Empire's success. Today, I'll make him eat his words. Screen on.

Sound: Viewscreen is activated.

BELTANE: (on viewscreen) Executor Sedriss. What's the meaning of this?

SEDRISS: Governor Beltane. Surprised to see a fleet of Imperial Star Destroyers over your planet?

BELTANE: Have you Imperials gone mad?!?

SEDRISS: Don't play innocent with me, Beltane. We know you're arming the Rebels. I'm here to give you the opportunity to save face, not to mention thousands of lives.

BELTANE: I'm listening, Sedriss.

SEDRISS: Surrender all your operations at once, and I'll only execute you.

BELTANE: So far, I'm not intrigued.

SEDRISS: Or, make me come down there personally and I'll destroy your planet and it's entire population.

BELTANE: I don't understand your problem, Sedriss. My factories are still supplying your most advanced armor. What does it matter if I make a little extra on the side, selling to the Alliance?

SEDRISS: The Alliance is a doomed collection of traitorous Rebels, and anyone who helps them is doomed as well.

BELTANE: Don't threaten me, Sedriss. You can't destroy us--you need us.

GOIR: Such impudence, Lord Sedriss. We should order the fleet to destroy--

SEDRISS: I know, Goir. Yet I need Beltane's weapons to smash the Rebels. That's why I simply don't wipe out Beltane and his cursed planet. Beltane--enough talk. My fleet is standing by. What is your answer?

BELTANE: You can have my answer, Executor Sedriss--now.

Sound: The Star Destroyer is rocked by surface-to-orbit fire. An alarm goes off.

SEDRISS: (he can't believe it) By the Dark Side!!

GOIR: Planetary defenses firing on the fleet. Shields are holding. Your orders, Executor Sedriss?

SEDRISS: (grinding his teeth) Order the Star Destroyers into high orbit, out of firing range. Deploy all ground troops.

GOIR: My Lord, assaulting the city on the ground is disasterous. We'll lose thousands of stormtroopers---

SEDRISS: I DON'T CARE!!! I WANT BELTANE'S HEAD ON A SPIT!!!

SCENE 1-4 INT. BALMORRA CAPITAL

Sound: The fighting is still going on, far off.

BELTANE: (speaking from AFTER the current battle) As you know, Mon Mothma, I'd been itching for a battle with the Empire for years. I knew my people had the firepower to match theirs.

LIEUTENANT: Governor Beltane, Imperial troops are approaching the city! We estimate close to 30,000 stormtroopers, 700 AT-AT's, and 400 SD-9 war droids!

BELTANE: SD-9's? Executor Sedriss has last year's models. Let's show the Empire what REAL firepower is all about. Activate the SD-10's.

Sound: Far away, several hangar doors open.

SD-10: War droid SD activated. (voices of war droids overlap)

LIEUTENANT: All the SD's are operational, Governor.

BELTANE: Just in time. The Empire has arrived.

Sound: Turbolaser fire, close range.

SD-9: Surrender. The city is now under Imperial control. Surrender.

LIEUTENANT: Imperial war droids have reached the city! Imperial war droids have---(screams as a shot takes him out)

SD-9: The city is now under Imperial control.

15. cavalier_one

cavalier_one Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2001
    According to the NJO map, Balmorra is located in the Colonies Region, near to Kuat.

16. The Cat

The Cat Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    I never liked Sedriss's voice in that audio drama- he sounded like a hoarse Mr. Peterman from Seinfeld.

17. magneto

Feb 1, 2001
    hardcore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.