What is best for the GALAXY?

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by darth-sinister, Apr 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    1.) Mace Windu killing Palpatine, the Jedi Order taking over control of the Republic, and getting rid of Sentors and appointing better ones.

2.) Anakin killing Emperor Palpatine after he had united the galaxy, and ruling the galaxy as King.

3.) Padme agreeing to join Anakin in his quest to become King, and have the Skywalker Family as the Royal Dynasty of the galaxy.

4.) Palpatine being Emperor of the galaxy, and his obsession with fear and Death Stars, just as it is in the OT.

5.) The Senate being in charge of the galaxy, with all its corruption, if the Sith really were destroyed 1000 years before, just as it is in the PT.

I reposted this topic since the other one was too mired in controversy.
  2. ManaByte Chosen One

star 4
  3. Evil-Yoda Jedi Master

star 4
    1.) Mace Windu killing Palpatine, the Jedi Order taking over control of the Republic, and getting rid of Sentors and appointing better ones.
  4. BaronFel88 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    3) would make for great fanfics.
  5. Kenobis_Babe Force Ghost

star 2
  6. CMNDR_BACARA Jedi Master

star 4
    Ther are still inherent problems with the Jedi replacing corrupt senators with new ones, but it's still probably the best way to go.
  7. MechanicalAnimal Jedi Knight

star 1
    None of the above. The Republic would be far better off the way it is in the Prequels, but with a scaled down beauracracy. Instead of hundreds of Sectors, there should be ten or fifteen huge Sectors with each Sector getting one vote.
  8. Drworm2002 Jedi Knight

star 3
    So...it goes"

1) 4
    2) 0
    3) 1
    4) 0
    5) 0

I say 4...because I like the OT...hehe
  9. SithHolocron Jedi Master

star 4
  10. deadjedi_willbe Jedi Master

star 4

Lives of millions will be spared.
  11. DarthVaderROTS Jedi Youngling

star 1
  12. SupremeChancellor Jedi Master

star 4
    4.) Palpatine being Emperor of the galaxy, and his obsession with fear and Death Stars, just as it is in the OT.

Because everything turned out for the best in the end.

No more coruption in the senate... no sith... a new start for the Jedi and the living force.
  13. Darth_Freeze Jedi Knight

star 1
    4, because he is the only one that's not corrupt. The jedi say one thing then do another. whats up with mace trying to MURDER palpatine, he was an unarmed prisoner, its not the jedi way.
  14. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus

star 6
    #1 would be the best option. The Jedi Order is based on the idea of bringing peace and order to the galaxy. Though the order may be flawed, they are always trying to do the right thing.

And I think, had Palpatine been killed, and Anakin had not turned, the Jedi would have succeeded. The Clones hadn't been turned yet and worked for the Jedi, and the Separatists were weak. I doubt anybody could oppose their efforts.

If only Palpatine wasn't such an ass, the Jedi could have made things better ;)
  15. DarthVaderROTS Jedi Youngling

star 1
  16. DarthBrone Jedi Padawan

The best thing for the galaxy would be the jedi defeating palps, dissolving the senate, and installing jar jar as emperor. Yoda said it was good to think like a child in AOTC when Obi asks about the missing planet. Jar Jar always thinks like a child.
  17. sonofskywalker86 Jedi Knight

star 2
    LOL DarthBrone...good one... [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

sonofskywalker86 :cool:
  18. Nona_Cad Force Ghost

star 3
    Well, assuming we know nothing of the future I would have to choose #5. However, it could be argued that there would HAVE to be change in the Senate, and that keeping the corruption just prolongs the inevitable. So it really breaks down (for me) to whether you're optimistic and think that the corruption will can be cured, or if you're pessimistic and think there's need to be a break down into chaos for good to finally prevail.
  19. Vader90 Jedi Padawan

if the prophecy were true it would be 3, but 1 would be best
  20. highlandscane Jedi Knight

star 1
    You could argue any of these intelligently except #2 and #5.

#2 is definately out. Anakin himself tells Padme he's an idiot in AOTC by saying "Of course not me," in response to the "Someone wise needs to rule" question she posed to him on Naboo.

#5 is out because Senate was a total disaster and they were responsible for putting the galaxy on that collision course in the first place. It was just too corrupt to correct itself from within.
  21. Nona_Cad Force Ghost

star 3
    #5 is very similar to how government worked in America in the late 1800s and early 1900s. In theory, yes it would be stupid to continue a corrupt system, but I'd rather that than a dictator...
  22. Bacon164 Force Ghost

star 7
    3! Padme could wear really sexy outfits as Queen of the Galaxy.
  23. TheForgottenJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    5.) The Senate being in charge of the galaxy, with all its corruption, if the Sith really were destroyed 1000 years before, just as it is in the PT.

This would equal No More Sith. The Jedi would take this over having a corrupt Senate I think and correcting the Senate is an easier quest than finishing the Sith as the Saga shows.
    Unless you have a handy power hole near by. :p
  24. Darthmybut Jedi Padawan

Sometimes there is no fixing things and you need to wipe the slate clean and start again. The Sith may be an alegory to the corruption in the Senate. The only way to fix it is to completely wipe it out and start over. The Force makes it happen, good and evil aside.
  25. Salty Force Ghost

star 5
    I still like option 3.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.