main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is best for the GALAXY?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by darth-sinister, Apr 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Mangle

Darth_Mangle Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 9, 2004
    4 sounds like a good deal

2. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    Option 6) Put Jar-Jar in charge. Could he screw up it more than it already is ?

Option 7) Put me in charge. I like this one. :D

3. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Option one please....billions of lives saved

4. jvberggren

jvberggren Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
  5. jedi-killah

jedi-killah Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    I choose option 3. Maybe Anakin and Padme 's vision for the Republic is an optimistic one from a certain point of view. Padme is the voice and Anakin is the muscle.

6. Tion_Meddon

Tion_Meddon Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    Current Count:
    1.) 10
    2.) 0
    3.) 4
    4.) 4
    5.) 3

7. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    #1 without a doubt

- O_F

8. QuantumFoam

QuantumFoam Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    How about...

6. rule by bounty hunters and clone troopers

7. the Separatists take over

9. PADMELUVA

PADMELUVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    1.) remeber, they wouldnt be killing senators, they would just be removing those who can be found guilty of corruption, tried and thus forced out by the legal system. they would work closly with loyal senators to ensure a peacful transition, then they would have returned to their traditional roles as guardians of peace and justice.

no sith, less corruption in the senate, which means democracy is preserved, and the republic is returned to its glory days.

10. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    Number 1 is the best choice. You?d have no more Palpatine, no more Clone War, Anakin would not have turned and Padmè would?ve been kept alive because of that. The Jedi would appoint new Senators to rebuild what the Republic lost because of Palpatine and that would put an end to corruption in the Senate.

The only downside to picking number 1 is that there would be no OT. But as far as the Galaxy, that is the way to go.

11. Violetsaber

Violetsaber Jedi Master star 3

Aug 6, 2001
    1.) Mace Windu killing Palpatine, the Jedi Order taking over control of the Republic, and getting rid of Sentors and appointing better ones.

That would be my personal favorite.

Oh, dang. You knew that already? Er...NO! I'M NOT PREDICATABLE! I'M NOT! I'M NOT!

2.) Anakin killing Emperor Palpatine after he had united the galaxy, and ruling the galaxy as King.

I'm assuming you mean Emperor here. That would be bad. Very bad. Anakin had turned to the Dark Side, and with his lust for power unchecked by Palpatine or his mechanical suit, he would have been almost impossible to rid the galaxy of his tyrannical rule. Of course, there would be Luke and Leah...but it would still be one heck of a fight.

3.) Padme agreeing to join Anakin in his quest to become King, and have the Skywalker Family as the Royal Dynasty of the galaxy.

Now THIS would be intersting. The entire galaxy would probaby be subjugated for all time. Nobody could ever defeat a ruling family composed of the most powerful Foce-users of all time. The universe had better hope one of Anakin's decendants has a good heart, or they'd be screwed.

(SEE: Dune, Dune Messiah, Children of Dune, The God Emperor of Dune)

4.) Palpatine being Emperor of the galaxy, and his obsession with fear and Death Stars, just as it is in the OT.

This is not good for the galaxy. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate...leads to suffering.

5.) The Senate being in charge of the galaxy, with all its corruption, if the Sith really were destroyed 1000 years before, just as it is in the PT.

In my opinion, the senate can do whatever the heck they want...the Jedi should have been an autonomous group that faught for peace and justice throughout the galaxy. No government is ever going to be wholly just, so the Jedi should have never sided with one. Instead, they should have been completely neutral, fighting only for principles, not for politicans. This way...none of the problems we've seen would have happened!

Violetsaber

12. PADMELUVA

PADMELUVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    i agree with your examination of #5.

the jedi's loyalty, and nobility were both manipualted by the sith lord.

13. ManoWan

ManoWan Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 19, 2002
  14. DarthWeenie

DarthWeenie Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    Option 1.

The Jedi didnt want the power for themselves (insert any appropriate quote from RoTS here), they would have given it up as soon as possible, and everything they would have "fixed" in the government in the interim could only have been vastly better.

This is a horrible example, because I dont want to seem like I support it at all, but its kinda like the U.S. in Afganistan or Iraq. They overthrow a corrupt, oppressive and evil government, even though they do not have the right to do so. Overthrowing the government = having to take power themselves in the interim, but really the goal is to get the country to form its own government, and as soon as it gets on its feet, to leave it alone.

Did the jedi have a right to try to overthrow Palpatine? Nope. But it was the right thing to do.

15. vaderboy5

vaderboy5 Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2005
    wut happends to the galxy after rotj?

16. Darth_Imran

Darth_Imran Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Number 1 without doubt. Yes, the order is greatly flawed and they never really understood Anakin and his place in the galaxy. But they try to do the right thing, which IMO scores many brownie points.

17. Darth_Somebody

Darth_Somebody Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2004
    #4, because it's more entertaining, star destroyers are cooler than republic cruisers, and everything turned out better in the end anyway (no corrupt senate, no sith, peace for the next few dozen millenia if EU didn't exist, etc.)

18. DarthWeenie

DarthWeenie Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    It has always been of great note to the Weenie that the movies never touch upon what happens to the galaxy after RoTJ. Obviously, the whole empire wasnt on the DS when it blew. The fighting is not over.

The answer to the question is: It doesnt matter. Star Wars is the story of this one great jedi (and great sith) called Anakin Skywalker. His birth to his death, and the fulfilling of his destiny. Every political thing, and war in the movies is background and is only the means to move forward the fulfilling of Anakin's destiny. As soon as that's done, so are the movies.

The rest of the galaxy? Screw em!

19. PrinceEspaaValorum

PrinceEspaaValorum Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
  20. tjkac

tjkac Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    I would have to vote for number 1.

But in response to both number 1 and 5, the question that begs to be asked is, would the Senate even be corrupt without the influence of Palpatine?

In other words, number 5 and 1 both assume that the Senate in and of itself is corrupt and that Palpatine just used to that to his own ends. But is that really true? Was the Senate really corrupt by its own right or did Palpatine make it corrupt?

I tend to think that the Senate in and of itself was not inherently corrupt. Think about what the ViceRoy of the Separatists said when Vader was murdering them. He said the war was over all they wanted was peace now. That they were promised peace. Insinuating that they only started the war at the behest of Sidious. So if Sidious was removed then I think the Senate would have gone back to functioning normally on its own and the jedi wouldn't really have to do that much to correct its course.

21. DarthSkeptical

DarthSkeptical Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2001
    How do the Jedi not have the right to overthrow Palpatine? Whether by arrest or by killing in self-defense (which is precisely what would have happened, had Anakin not intervened), Mace would've been acting on the Senate's behalf. I don't think there's evidence to support that the Jedi didn't have the right to pursue an arrest (or, barring that, death of a resisting prisoner) of Palpatine in, as the script goes, "the name of the Senate of the Galactic Republic".

What's best for the galaxy is that the rule of law be allowed to carry itself to its natural concluson: Palpatine surrenders to the peacekeepers--or dies trying.

22. r8hitman

r8hitman Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2004
    Probably #1

and if not that, then #3.

23. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    great fanfics.

This is a contradiction in terms.

24. katyler6

katyler6 Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2004
    i think it weird that padme was fighting for democracy when she was former QUEEN of Naboo

25. Tion_Meddon

Tion_Meddon Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004

Naboo is a democracy, Queen=President. Mentioned very clearly in Episodes 1 and 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.