main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA What is Everyone Doing For Labor Day Weekend?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Aug 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Poor Linda! The Force was not with you today.

I broke my little toe once; the problem is there is nothing you can do about it except tape it together with the toe next to it and wait for it to heal. The good part was I could wear sandals everyday while it was healing.

2. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    4? You've broken 4 toes?!? Wow. If I was your doctor, I'd be prescribing one thing:
    Steel-toed shoes! ;)
    Just kidding, of course! :)
    Hope you feel better soon. May the Force be with you. :)

3. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Well, I'm seeing AOTC this afternoon at 1:00. If anyone wants to join me, let me know.

4. Darth_Vegeta

Darth_Vegeta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2001
    I had class today. Good thing is that I'm now done for the day!! Too bad everyone else is still in class... :( Guess I'll just have to watch TPM again. :D

EDIT: It just started raining... :(

5. Me_Is_Jade

Me_Is_Jade Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2001
    Rain?!?! Where?! I want some!!!! ::runs outside to see if it's raining and is dissapointed:: :(

Oh and I forgotta tell everyone what I got to do this weekend! I got to sit out in 106 degree weather and try to sell mom's paintings! All day! We got there around 9:45 and stayed till about 6, and it was so hot some lady nearly got heatstroke! And the paint on the A-frames (the thingies we hung the paintings on) melted together! Fortunately none of the paintings melted, which was a real surprize... And what sucked worse than the extreme heat was that it was a major bust! We sold one painting for $35 and it was my favorite one there, but mom had to pay $30 to get a spot and the frame fer the paintin cost $6, so we didn't even break even! We did better than most ppl who sold nuttin, but still, it was not fun. At least i get paid tho, hehe mom is gonna help pay for costume fabric :D but i feel kinda bad cause she didn't make any $$$ and I did... o well next time I'll make it up by commanding all of you to come and buy something! hehehe ::evil cackle::

6. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    ^ That is too bad she didn't sell more paintings. But I don't blame people for not wanting to come out in that heat. What type's of things does your mother paint?

7. Darth_Vegeta

Jan 3, 2001
    From what I've heard, I would love rain if I were still home. But I'm not. I'm in the God-forsaken Midwest where the only rain comes when it is 85 degrees outside. You get as soaking wet inside as you do out in the rain. Not fun at all.

8. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    ^ It is 94 degrees where I live right now but very humid. I feel sorry for Me_Is_Jade and GreyJedi, it must really be hot up in Escondido. Right now I REALLY wish I had air conditioning, or a fan at least! I slept down on the couch last night with all the windows open. (It was much easier than trying to hobble back upstairs and the upstairs is always hotter than downstairs).

9. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Grey Jedi stayed inside most of the weekend and turned on the air conditioner around 9am on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

Had to go out an get kitten food on Saturday. (We have new adoptees.) And other than going to Legoland tonight, we didn't do much. Mitchell and I did watch ANH and ESB though.

10. Darth_Vegeta

Jan 3, 2001
    Yeah, air conditioning in the dorm, we have not. 2 fans running at all times, I have. Hot, it still is.

11. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Stand in front of 800*F broilers for 10 hours a day, I did, Fri and Sat and Today. Very tired I am. Hurt as well, a spinal injury I have incurred from carrying objects too heavy (forgot to use the Force). At the hospital I spent most of the night. There again I shall be tomorrow. Slow, the doctors are.

12. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    ^ Gah! Of the Dark Side this is! Both the Supreme Chancellor and Vice Chancellor are out of commission this weekend! I sense the Sith are behind this. (hope you feel better soon JediG60racer!)

13. Me_Is_Jade

Me_Is_Jade Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2001
    pity to you all... and school has started again noooooooooo! this is why i hate summer in california, it's out to get us all!!!

^ my mom does a lotta stuff, she usta do like southwest stuff with like mesas and indian pots, but now she does collages and paintings of flowers. they're reeeeeeeeeeely good, i have one of her sunset paintings and one of her collages in me room now, they so purdy... and when i showed my teacher photos of her paintings of an indian pot i think they're called oyas or somethin like that she thought it was a photo of the actual oya, not a photo of the painting, so they're reeeeeely good. as you can tell I'm her biggest fan...

14. Darth_Vegeta

Jan 3, 2001
    Hey, I'd take summer in Cali over summer in the Midwest any day.

15. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I played videogames all weekend. [face_plain]

P.S. Flood control sucks.

16. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    pssst... it's spelled 'olla'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.