main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA What is Everyone Doing This 4th of July Holiday?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Jul 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    <marquee> [face_flag] [face_flag] Happy 4th of July everyone! [face_flag] [face_flag] </marquee>

One of Lauren's friends is coming over this afternoon and myself and the kids will be heading over to Coronado to eat and then find a spot to watch fireworks over there. Lauren's friend is spending the night, then we are heading up to the San Diego County Fair again tomorrow, its the last day of the fair. We went already using discount tickets from James' mother, and while at the fair, filled out survey's and got free tickets to return to the fair on Monday. :D Lauren wants to try that bungee jump for $35. UGH!

2. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    We're going to be going to my in-law's house for a BBQ and general hanging out. My brother-in-law is coming down from LA as well so we'll also be celebrating his Bday that was on the 2nd. We are also housesitting for a neighbor so we need to make sure to be home with enough time to get their dogs inside before all the fireworks start. In the past we've been able to watch fireworks out our bedroom window so we may do that. Or after taking care of the neighbors animals we may try to find somewhere to watch them.
    So..nothing too exciting really.

Oh...and go get groceries at Costco..that's exciting :rolleyes:

3. micdavis

micdavis Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2003

Going to a BBQ with some friends and blowing off a big bag of fireworks that I forgot I had.

4. Saber_Leader

Saber_Leader Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    BBQ at my house and going over to an uncle's for fireworks tonight.

5. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Picnic and fireworks with the cub scouts. We're doing "coffee can ice cream" where you mix the ice cream by rolling the ingrediants around coffee cans. Great way to wear out the kids. ;)

6. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    i had my own fireworks show in my back yard.

7. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    did some errands, went to a barbecue in North park, came back home for some Firefly watching, then went to a friend's in Clairemont to watch the OB, MB, and Sea World fireworks.

8. Lobacca

Lobacca Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2004
    We took the fireworks that explode in the air and make pretty lights and lit them on the ground. They're much cooler that way. :)

9. Padmesmaleclone

Padmesmaleclone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2004
    was stuck on couch with my leg propped up. knee was size of a tennis ball. lots of pain. no jedi mind tricks to block pain and self heal.

10. Inaen

Inaen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    I went to various parties around S.D. all weekend and then pretty much stayed home during the fireworks...a little backwards i know. Monday I had the day off (I work at an IT Sevice Center for a bank). So I played City of Heroes, and played with my baby girl.

11. vkyoshi

vkyoshi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2003
    went to anime expo and spent way to much money .
    ok i realy didn't need the region free portable dvd player but you've got to have toys.
    didn't see jess there wonder if she ever made it?
    saw a few frends and some great cosplayers, burned only two rolls of film . i was to busy to take alot of pics.
    so i'm a little poorer and more fed up with lines but it was great anyway.(watching man-fay get arrested [disturbing the peace and indecent exposure] and draged off buy the cops was clasic)

12. PatGund

PatGund Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2004
    Yeah, but Man-Faye deserved it. :)

Was also at Anime Expo, helping out Friday and Sunday with the City of Hope fundraiser the 501st did, (which also marked the "beta test" of both my TIE pilot and my Jedi outfits. Did the TIE on Friday, the Jedi on Sunday.)

My 2 1/2 year old daughter was there on sunday, and appearently kept dragging her mum back to where we were so she could watch her daddy "playing Star Wars". One of the people taking pictures asked me and the trooper in an AT-AT outfit to pose like we were about to attack each other. As soon as he pointed his blaster at me, my daughter started to walk over to him, saying "No no no no! Bad Star Wars! No hurt Daddy!!" Her mum reassured her that we were just posing. She said "No hurt Daddy?? Okay." :)

I should make her a set of Padawan robes. Or a small imperial officer's uniform.......

Oh, and if anyone wants to see the outfits, (Sorry Donna, I wasn't able to finish the outer robe you helped me on in time for this con), pictures are at:

http://home.earthlink.net/~patgund/anime/anime.html

13. vkyoshi

Nov 14, 2003
    great pics.
    didn't get to drop by the booth till late and almost every one was gone.
    yes man-faye deseved it (as my friend Mai says "oh that is so wrong". i was one of the people cheering the cops.(first time for me)
    these kind of wacky hijinxs is what makes cons so fun.

14. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    OK...now ya'll make me want to see pictures of this man-faye guy, just because.

Cool pictures Pat!

15. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Great pictures Patrick! Your TIE turned out great! :) Your daughter sounds sooooo cute. It would be cool to have her in an Imperial Officers Uniform, that way she could boss Daddy and the other Star Wars guys around. ;)

16. PatGund

Apr 7, 2004
    OK...now ya'll make me want to see pictures of this man-faye guy, just because.

Umm.....mayhaps you don't......

Oh very well....

Now, a bit of reference for the non-anime fans in the crowd. Faye Valentine is a character in the "Cowboy Bebop" series. She's a bounty hunter, young, (21 years old), curvey, usually wears a crop-topped midriff shirt and short short short shorts that ride all the way up on the rear.

Now, imagine, if you will, a late-40's, very large, somewhat overweight, very hairy man in the exact same costume.

That's the cosplayer known as Man-Faye.

http://www.cosplayuniverse.com/cosplay/manfaye/gallery/1/page1.html

(Note: Link may not be work safe, family safe, taste safe, or appetite safe.)

Cool pictures Pat!

Thanks! They're not quite done yet - have to fix the fans in the TIE helmet and finish my outer robe for the Jedi outfit, (and hopefully the belt and boots I ordered will be in by ComicCon, I had to use my Ugg boots for last weekend.)

17. PatGund

Apr 7, 2004
    Great pictures Patrick! You TIE turned out great!

Thanks!! Hoping I can fix the fan problem in time for ComicCon, (then I suppose I should do something silly, like submit it for 501st approval and get pictures taken.....)

Your daughter sounds sooooo cute. It would be cool to have her in an Imperial Officers Uniform, that way she could boss Daddy and the other Star Wars guys around.

(Laugh) I think it would be cool. She's a bossy bit of goods though. :) Then again, she might fit right in at that point. The trick is going to be making the costume behind her mum's back - she's bound and determined that our daughter is going to be either a Jedi or a Rebel....... :D

18. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Your daughter would make an equally cute jedi or rebel I'm sure. :)

I checked out those man-faye pics... uh... yeah... I can see why they would kick him out of the convention.

19. vkyoshi

Nov 14, 2003
    correction they did not kick him out of the convintion.

he was arrested in the commons area between the convention center and the hilton were all the cosplayers gather .
    you see he was doing a little dance and handing out man-faye shirts , and well you know how roudy fans can get at a con . so the crowd of mabey 50 or 60 people who were all there becuse they wanted to be (everybody who wasn't haveing fun with it just walked away [note to parents that all the following was pretty much bloked from veiw becuse of the crowd so the little ones had no idea what was going on]).
    well as the crowd got more into it ,things started getting out of hand when some of the sicker members of the crowd started chanting for him to take off the jacket and things got worse from there. agine all done in good fun it wasn't like he just showed up and took his clothes off( he never did get fully naked just down to a g string). then the convention center security showed uup to see what the rucus was , called the cops and then they hauled him off .
    this led to great fun the next day as signs saying "free man-faye" & "bring back man-faye" were posted and carried around the con.
    i belive he made his return after posting bail late the next day .
    he was not thown out of the con. which thankfully goes to show they still have a sence of hummor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.