main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is it About Star Wars...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Med_21B, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Med_21B

Med_21B Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2004
    I'm a Film and Video Studies major at Oklahoma University (Texans, please look past geographical differences).

Anyway, I'm writing my second midterm paper on Star Wars fans and how they participate together as a discourse community. Basically, I am wanting you all to help me out by supplying me with some discussion on what it means to be a fan to you.

Some questions to help you get started would be:

- How long have you been a fan of Star Wars?
    - What continues your love for Star Wars? The movies? The books? Games?
    - How do you like to communicate with fellow fans?
    - Prequel Trilogy or Original Trilogy? Why?
    - What events or get togethers do you participate in relating to Star Wars (IE- forums, conventions, midnight madness, etc.)?
    - How does the Star Wars fanbase function in the real world? What significance does it play, if any?
    - What types of people belong to this community? Is there a specific type of person?

If you don't feel comfortable answering these questions in public, feel free to PM me your response. Your identities will be kept anonymous, and they will be used specifically for this paper.

I'd love a response if you can take the time.

Thanks!

_Max

Inty edit: We don't usually let users do surveys. And really not for class projects/homework. If some users want to PM you, that's fine, but I'm going to lock this.

2. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    almost had it in before the lock, I saved it though:

- How long have you been a fan of Star Wars?

- What continues your love for Star Wars? The movies? The books? Games?
    As a kid, mostly the toys. Later, anticipation for the new movies supplemented by some games and books. Now, I don't really keep up with it all.

- How do you like to communicate with fellow fans?
    Just here, and that's rarely on the subject

- Prequel Trilogy or Original Trilogy? Why?
    OT, because I was a kid at the time. PT never did (or could) recapture that sense of wonder

- What events or get togethers do you participate in relating to Star Wars (IE- forums, conventions, midnight madness, etc.)?
    Just here, and the 12am movie premieres

- How does the Star Wars fanbase function in the real world? What significance does it play, if any?
    A couple of my best friendships came about because they were also fans.

- What types of people belong to this community? Is there a specific type of person?
    Mod Favorites and Non Mod Favorites? I've no idea, I'd say its not specific.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.