main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is known about the symbol on the doors of the Jedi Temple?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by SWatB.com, Oct 1, 2017.

1. SWatB.com

SWatB.com Jedi Knight star 1

May 24, 2017
    What is known about the symbol on the doors of the Jedi Temple?
    Is there a full image of good quality?

[​IMG]

Master_Rebado likes this.
  2. SWatB.com

May 24, 2017
    Also, is there a conceptual image?

3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    just theorizing, but it could be the symbol of the jedi order before the fall of the old republic. The temple was built before then.

[​IMG]

4. SWatB.com

May 24, 2017
    This is a different symbol.

Symbol on the door:
    1. Inverted.
    2. The vertical line is not pointed and wider than the size.
    3. Against the background of the star there is a hexagon.
    4. On the sides are integral branches with through slots.

5. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008

I don't believe that particular sigil is seen anywhere else - but it's just a stylized variant of the the mainstay one Darth_Accipter posted. Different variants can be seen on various Jedi designs including the starfighters of Ahsoka Tano and Saesee Tiin.

6. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    maybe it's the down elevator.

episodenone likes this.
  7. SWatB.com

May 24, 2017
    No, this symbol is pictured on ordinary corridor doors without an elevator.

8. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    [​IMG]

vncredleader and Outsourced like this.
  9. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    It is probably an ancient symbol of the Jedi.

10. SWatB.com

May 24, 2017
    Probably not. The ancient symbol of the Jedi has the likeness of the Jewish Star of David.
    A symbol on the door of the Temple of the Jedi, has the likeness of the Christian Cross.

[​IMG]

11. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    This thread was probably better for the In Depth section; a lot of lore masters over there, who have superior knowledge on the Star Wars universe than most. Ask one of the mods for a move :)

12. SWatB.com

May 24, 2017
  13. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    I've been thinking about this recently. I still think that it's an emblem which the Jedi used during the Old Republic.
    I think they're going for a tie-in between different eras by using these symbols. The Rebel Alliance logo is obviously a derivation of the Jedi Order's symbol. So that's the OT and PT connection.
    There are two other undeniably similar marks used in Rebels and TCW, which tie into the recent batch of Forces of Destiny. I think both will have their origin in The Old Republic era, we know that one already does.The first we don't know much about, which is the one that appears on Kanan's pauldron and Dume the wolf's forehead.

[​IMG]

The other is the old logo of Clan Vizsla, which was adopted by Death Watch during TCW. We know this one dates back to the Old Republic because it is seen on the statue of Tarre Vizsla in Forces of Destiny.

[​IMG]

Tarre Vizsla was around just before the fall of the Old Republic. This inverted Jedi symbol could have simply been another emblem which was popular with the Jedi at the time. Tarre Vizsla was a Jedi, so my crackpot theory is that the Mandalorian symbol was his personal mark and that Clan Vizsla adopted it after he died, as they did with his darksaber. The Mandalorian symbol will turn out to be a bastardization of the two Jedi Symbols, because it originally belonged to a Mandalorian Jedi.

[​IMG]

plus

[​IMG]

equals

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2018