main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is missing from SW:CCG

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by iwjev, May 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iwjev

iwjev Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    What do you think is missing from SW:CCG? Maybe a new character class or a character w/ device card? Maybe even a Young Anakin card? What about Locations w/ a permanent character?

(Anything beside AOTC and EP3 cards please.)

John

2. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Lightside Mara

3. SithDooku

SithDooku Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2002
    Most deffenatly right Jedi

4. iwjev

iwjev Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    SithDooku "Most deffenatly right Jedi"

???

5. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    Fixer (see Camie's card...)
    a Hoth objective
    Episode I Anakin
    All of Episode II :(

6. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    I'd like to have seen what D would have done with the New Republic era--specifically the Vong.

7. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I always thought it would be cool to have a third cardback of the Vong. But whenever I brought it up, a lot of people would freak out and go nuts.

8. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Of course they do...beause the Vong would seriouslly hurt people. Not to mention just about everything would be immune to SAC and Jedi wouldn't be able to target the characters with Jedi stuff (unless you targeted Anakin WITH his lightsaber) or their gametexts.

And we won't even speak of the hatin' those DS Battle and Destroyer decks would get. Vong would be like double power against droids.

As for how'd they work in a tourny? Easy. Bring a Vong deck and either a Light or Dark.

9. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    That would be nasty. My idea for Vong is to have both LS and DS versions of all the cards so that the Vong decks could use established interrupts and effects. That would also make it easy to incorporate the Peace Brigade.

A DS version of Hoth: MPG would have been nice too.

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The Vong, with their lack of ability in the force, would be destroyed by the one thing the NEW Republic lacks, but which was present during the OLD Republic and explains why the Vong waited till they did to invade the GFFA...

Jar Jar Binks w/Brisky Morning Munchin!

::sings::

Radi-Binks: I am the Radi-Binks, I will kill you one by one..

Devil Doll: One by one!

Radi-Binks: I am the Radi-Binks, I will kill you just for fun!

;;D

11. Noghri_Sillan

Noghri_Sillan Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2002
    *agrees with ultima*

a Dark Side shield generator site would be excellent

12. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    A site with a built in weapon would be good, i'm thinking of the planet defender ion cannon, mainly it was always a tough one to get it out into play to wreck those imps in space

13. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Now that's original: enhanced sites....interesting :)

14. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    There are three "broken links" that I would have liked to see fixed (There may be more):

Fixer (camie) already mentioned
    Light Side STar Destroyers (Heavy Turbolaser battery)
    Booster Terrick (Pulsar Skate)

Also, there are plenty of things Decipher could have done. Maul's Speeder, TK-421, etc

I would like John D and Red 4.

Enhanced Zuckuss (The poor guy missed out)

Heaps of stuff.

15. DOUGRED4

DOUGRED4 Jedi Master

Feb 19, 2002
    No Kidding!

John D. And Red 4 RULE!!!

If only there wasn't such a snafu with John D. being played by the same guy that (originally) played Wedge, then we'd have seen a card for them. :(

Doug Taylor
    Red 4
    Star Wars CCG Player Advocate
    Gameplay Design

16. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Well technically he is made...Lt. Naytaan from the Special Edition set was John D. God only knowss why D gave him a new name and LFL let it go.

Anyway, the actor who played Wedge in the briefing room was not Klaff. According to Lawson (and Lucas), he replaced that actor because the other one "didn't work out"--whatever that meant at the time. (FYI: I got this info from a Special Edition issue of the Star Wars Insider.)

17. DOUGRED4

DOUGRED4 Jedi Master

Feb 19, 2002
    LOL...

This is TOO funny, Josh!

I was going through some old Squadron Posts last night, and I came across this raging debate from back in 2000. I thought you finally conceded when I gave you ALL the info about how the information in that Insider Issue was incorrect.

If you recall, I listed 3 reasons that clearly prove that Jack Klaff DID (briefly) play Red 4 in the Briefing Room. He's credited as such at the end of the movie, the details have been explained in numerous places (I have a page long explanation telling WHY Decipher didn't/couldn't make a Red 4 with Jack Klaff as a result), and you can watch the movie For Your Eyes Only to see Mr. Klaff (the same guy who says "That's impossible...even for a computer!" as Apostis).

Believe me, since I have been Red 4 for nearly 7 years, I KNOW my history of the character and WHY they could never make a card for me. :)

It's kind of funny to see this debate spark up here again now. Back then I didn't know Josh, so it was amusing for me to read through them last night. When I logged on this morning to see Josh's reply, it was like deja vu, all over again! :)

Doug Taylor
    Red 4
    Star Wars CCG Player Advocate
    Gameplay Design

18. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    lol!

As I was typing that post I knew I felt we had had this debate before! But I was like "Nah. That had to have been someone else."

I remember asking a bunch of my friends (one of whom is now in charge of EU content on SW.com and who also wrote the content for HoloNet News.com) about it at the time and none of them could tell me anything for sure.

lol! Wow..

Old habits die hard I guess, Doug :D Maybe one of us ought to submit this question in to the Jedi Council at SW.com and silence this debate once and for all. I'd really like to know one way or the other :)

19. Elven_Jedi

Elven_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 2002
    Aayla Secura............thats whats missing.

20. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    A "Tales of the Jedi" expansion. :D

21. DarksiderGeorge

DarksiderGeorge Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2002
    I agree with Jirin, A Tales of the Jedi expansion would rock!

22. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Hmmmm.. It would be interesting to see a card titles Yoda, Padawan Learner ;)

I personally would be content with a Rogue/Wraith Squadron expansion.

23. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    I would be content with an Unknown Regions set. If only for a few more decent Imperial Officer cards. Not to mention an almost free reign for Decipher. Since near nothing has been elaborated on in the Official Sources.

24. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    >>I personally would be content with a Rogue/Wraith Squadron expansion. <<

That woyuld be awesome. Some great ISB helpers there too.

25. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Yep. Ysanne Isard should make ISB Ops darn near broken ;)

Rogue Squadron would finally make the LS consistently dangerous in space... and the Wraiths would open up some real interesting possibilities for the LS on the ground.

Of course, the DS would get two more Super class (ugh) and a chance to get messy with the Bacta War and double agents.

On the other hand the LS would get Booster and the Errant Venture and a new objective: Invade Coruscant/Coruscant Captured.

All in all, just give me Squeaky, Face, and my new Wedge and everything will be right with the world :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.