main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is Palpatine's lightsaber form?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by ObiWanZ3, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Muffins

Darth_Muffins Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2004
    Palpatine's Lightsaber form is called Vaapad II: the revenge.

2. emperorpalpatine102

emperorpalpatine102 Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2005
    um dudes first of all he was fighting so bad with mace is so that he could let mace think he was goin to win because palpatine new that anakin was on his way

3. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    Anyone ever seen a Bruce Lee film? Palp's laughing and screaming reminded me
    of the whoops and noises BL made while fighing to put his enemies off their
    balance and gain a psychological advantange over people who fight with
    ritual forms. Form without form.

4. neutralsideforce

neutralsideforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2005
    That's a question for Hasbro.-no..no..NO!

5. JediYodaBush

JediYodaBush Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2004
    I'm sorry to ask but I really don't understand what forms I II III VI mean? Can someone explain?

And I really enjoyed Palpatines's lightsaber form.

6. Aiden_Sanic

Aiden_Sanic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2005
    The secret never before seen form 8 of lightsaber combat.

Also known as: the I suck at holding a lightsaber style.

7. That_Random_Jedi

That_Random_Jedi Jedi Master star 3

May 14, 2005
    His lightsaber style? Uh... I think it's, like, Insane Crazed Raving Lunatic Psycho With A Lightsaber.

8. Young_Punk

Young_Punk Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    form zero its like his own form its a dark side ataro that uses stabs

9. SEPARATESICKLEROOK2

SEPARATESICKLEROOK2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 1, 2003
    It's the "I fight with my hate" form. Very deadly. Potentially messy.

10. frog-on-speed

frog-on-speed Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2005
    Wikipedia says it is a Sith form of Form IV:Ataru, using stabs and wide swings.

11. MaceWindu_is_GOD

MaceWindu_is_GOD Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    His form is the "Politician's Form"

He holds it like a politician and then kick his opponent's butt!!

12. BretKenobi

BretKenobi Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2005
    First off let me say you people are reading way too into this, especially bad mouthing Obi-Wan's fighting in 'A New Hope'. Alec Guiness was an old man and in no shape to do anything fancy. Also the guy who oversaw the fight seens wanted to do it as if the lightsabers were heavy (which is clearly stated on the bonus disc on the DVD set). And Ian McDiarmid isn't exactly a spring chicken, he's getting up there in years as well. So you have to live with the limitations of the physical abilities of the actors playing the characters. Now with that being said...

Palpatine defeated the three Jedi Masters by simply clouding their ability to use the Force, hence they couldn't see where the attack was coming from. Mace didn't fall for that, as he was the head of the Jedi Council and one powerful dude. As far as that fight goes, Mace Windu kicked Palpatine's tail, period. The only time he feigned weakness was when Mace had him beat and he begged Anakin to save him from Mace. He fed off his fear of being killed and his anger from being defeated to allow him to drill Mace with Force lightning after Anakin had taken Mace out. And Palpatine was scared of Yoda, period. He tried to run and Yoda stopped him. There is no doubt that Yoda was the most powerful Jedi. Yoda was biding his time and letting Palpatine expend his energy and time flinging those senate pods at Yoda. Just like in boxing, let the opponent punch himself out and exhaust himself, which is what Yoda was doing to Palpatine. Then when Yoda accidentally lost his lightsaber, the fight was over. There was no other way for Yoda to kill Palpatine and not do it in hate. Yoda could have choked him to death if he wanted, but that is the dark side.

And when Yoda and Obi-Wan talked about going after Anakin and the Emperor, Yoda didn't tell Obi-Wan that he wasn't a better swordsman that the Emperor. Yoda told him he was not strong enough in the Force to defeat Palpatine. I take that as meaning Obi-Wan would have mopped the floor with the Emperor with a lightsaber, but as with Dooku he would be vulnerable to the use of Force powers. Darth Maul was a bad man, and Obi-Wan bested him. He didn't blow him away or anything, but he did kill him. And he wasted Anakin on Mustafar, and didn't want to finish him off and warned Anakin not to jump.

And all the talk of all the different styles, I don't think George Lucas really put much thought into that when making Episode III. Mace and style VII or whatever and all that. Here is what it all boils down to...Palpatine could not take over the Republic and defeat the Jedi without Anakin Skywalker. If he was so powerful and could do so without Anakin, he would have done so. He could have still played the games with the Senate to gain political power, but fought the Jedi as Darth Sidious. And yes people, Darth Vader was more powerful than Palpatine. Why else would the Emperor be so afraid of the 'Son of Skywalker'? If Anakin wanted to overthrow Palps, he could have done so at his willing. He even says in Ep III when he tells Padme that he is more powerful than the Emperor. He simply didn't have the motivation to overthrow him until he discovered Luke and wanted to rule the galaxy as father and son.

13. Darth_Maestro

Darth_Maestro Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2005
    to me it will always be Goofus Maximus

........there is only one face of evil[face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil]

14. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    Form VII (Mace's Vaapad) and Form IV (Yoda's Ataru). Simple as that.

15. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    The "stick the pointy end into the Jedi cause they never see that one coming" form

16. Hypernova

Hypernova Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2005
    Palpatine uses an advanced version (A Sith Version if you like) of Form IV (4)

Both Sidious and Yoda used Form IV (OR variations of it)
    Ironic, Obi-Wan stopped using Form IV after TPM.
    He started to use Form III because he didnt believe it to be good enough.
    Yet the 2 strongest Force users (Sidious/Yoda) used it.

17. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    LMAO [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

18. strider24

strider24 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2005
    I just thought he would have been faster. Where was the blinding speed, the red blur, the fastest lightsaber user in the galaxy? However, I do like how he constantly tries to stab, going for the killing blow immediately, no hesitation at all. It definitely adds to his evil persona.

19. farrellg

farrellg Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2005
    I just thought he would have been faster. Where was the blinding speed, the red blur, the fastest lightsaber user in the galaxy?

He looked really fast when he was fighting Yoda. Even during the Mace duel, Palpatine looked fast when the fencing double was fighting. This was when he cut down the first two Jedi and fought Mace and Kit at the same time. I'm not sure how much of the rest of fight as done by Ian or the fencing double.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.