Canada What is required to get a new FF forum?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rani Veko, Feb 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rani Veko Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm posting this topic here so it doesn't break up the "flow" of the forum formation threads that this relates to, and also because other Canadians might like to know themselves when it comes to asking for their own FF forum.

It was recently said within each of two proto-forum threads that if there was enough interest, a forum would be happily created for both Calgary and for Abbotsford or the Fraser Valley area.

YJN or Crazy_Mike (or heck, another RSA if they want) can answer this, but I'm wondering how much interest is generally considered "enough"? I've been following the threads on the BC and the Prairie General Forums, and seen at least three users posting in the last week for both the area-specific threads there. I'm curious what specifically it is that they're lacking at this point, or how close they are to getting their own forums. In fact, they might find it helpful to know as well. :)

Is it that not all the users are specifically saying, "we want our own forum", or is it that three locals posting in an location-specific thread isn't enough people and they need more, or is it something else? Is there any specific FanForce standard that an RSA uses as a guideline, or is it just a case-by-case judgement call?

- Rani

EDIT: Hindsight being 20/20, I checked the FanForce FAQ, which confirms what I thought, the magic number is three people. :) So, what qualifies as "interest"? Do they need to specify that they want their own forum, or want their own chapter, or do they simply need to post a response in an area-specific thread (i.e. "Anyone here from Springfield?") confirming where they live?
  2. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
    If there is 3 people with interest I'll make a new forum.
    I know there is interest for another BC forum, I just wanted to make sure that there was enough people to make it work.
    I'd also like to make a Calgary forum.

3. Rani Veko Jedi Master

star 4
    And a few hours later, both become a reality. Thanks! :)

Now I guess it's just a matter of betting on which group, Fraser Valley or Calgary, becomes a FanForce chapter first.

Anyone care to lay odds? :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.