main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is the 3 3/4

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by DARTHCRITIC, Jun 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    There was a Wuhler figure. Came with a "Droid Scanner".

Um, are you guys confusing Commtech Luke for Flashback Luke? Flashback has elbows, knees, full pivoting neck, Macrobinoculars, riffle, and floppy hat.

I'd like to see some more of the droids. Not more r2d2s and c3pos, but other r-series, other protocol, other droids. Still haven't released an r1-__.

THe main thing that is missing though, is articulation. Most of the figures have very limited range of movement. The worst are the ones with vacuum-formed vinyl capes, skirts, robes, etc, because that stiff, rigid material seriously hampers movement, posibility, and thus, playability. Sure, it sculpt, and never loses it's form, but I remember being able to actually PLAY with the cloth-robed Imperial guard. The POTF Guardsman has almost no articulation--just his arms. THe New version isn't much better. Why even put legs on the Amidalla figures? There's no way to move them.

Kenner is owned by Tonka. Tonka is owned by Hasbro. There's no reason that the SW figures can't be just as articulated as the 1980's GIJoe figures.

Oh, and Hasbro, maybe the reason something isn't selling isn't because there's no demand. Maybe it's because you didn't do a very good job of making it.

2. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    DS: I love your icon! You should share it with all fans of the praying mantis woman.

3. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    yeah,there was the other wuher.but I'd like a new one because it would be cheaper :)

4. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    Koohii, The Commtech ANH Luke does have articulated knees & his "elbows" turn, They don't "bend" :)

The Flashback Photo ANH Luke has arms that bend at the elbow & his hands move apart from his arms, He doesn't have knee articulation ;) And he came with a ton of stuff [face_mischief]

They used this Luke as the pack in with the Saga speeder I believe :)

They're both pretty good, I like the Commtech a little better though, I have both ;)

5. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    What is missing from the 3.75 is a new Ewok Village and some Ewoks to go with it.

6. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Yub yub!

Definitely need more ewoks.

7. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    If you want the Ewok village, just find the RobinHood:prince of Thieves village set. It's identical, except it doesn't come with the liter and the thing for carrying R2

8. yodashizzzle

yodashizzzle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2003
    yeah, there were supposed to be cantina bar releases not only of Wuher and Kitik Keed'kak, but also a better version of Dr. Evazan. he looked MUCH improved. and speaking of improved......this part of a post caught my attention:

There's no reason that the SW figures can't be just as articulated as the 1980's GIJoe figures.

Koohii , you just became my hero! :D i've thought about this for two decades. G.I. Joe's had GREAT articulation. and there is NO acceptable reason why SW figures should have such limited poses and inarticulation. totally inexcuseable in my book. IMO, this is THE thing that the 3 3/4 inch line is missing. not a particular character, but a quality in ALL the figures released.

and that is a very cool icon, Darth Sapient.

anyone else think a Hasbro release of the Tonnika sisters would be good?

9. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    Thay definitely need more articulation :)

I was just thinking, I know not everyone bought one, But it would be nice if they made a Shuttle Pilot :) He'd basically look just like an Imp Officer with a different hat... well according to LEGO [face_mischief]

Yodashizzle, Hasbro cannot make the Tonnika sisters unfortunately :( They did not sign the likeness rights deal & I believe they still won't :( So the consensus is it's not possible

10. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    We need Ewok and Vong army builder sets. And for once, a basic R2 D2 that is GOOD! Okay, we have the first POTF2 one, good, but the "ankles" arent articulated. R2 with all his little arms and stuff, good, but no 3rd leg and the head couldnt turn all the way around. R2 with lightsaber shooting thing, blows, no articulation, yadda yadda yadda, I want an R2 whoose head can turn all the way around, has articulated shoulders and ankles, a retractable third leg, and no stupid gimmicks/action features. Hell, just repaint that AOTC preview R3-something as R2 and its perfect!!!!

Oh, and a new Millenium Falcon, better then the old mold from the 70's. All the new figures dont even fit in the damn cockpit, I mean, c'mon.

11. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    What is the 3 3/4" Toy Line Missing?

This guy:
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/species/abyssin/img/movie_sm.jpg]

12. yodashizzzle

yodashizzzle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2003
    Yodashizzle, Hasbro cannot make the Tonnika sisters unfortunately They did not sign the likeness rights deal & I believe they still won't So the consensus is it's not possible

NOOOOOO!!! stupid legal issues should never prevent figure production. i wish the news was better, but i hadn't heard that before, thanks.

Oh, and a new Millenium Falcon, better then the old mold from the 70's. All the new figures dont even fit in the damn cockpit, I mean, c'mon.

i'd really love a scaled up falcon, too. the way that the X-Wing was made more to scale was great and i'm sure a lot of fans would be willing to spend a litle more if the MF were made bigger. and it''s unfortunate that some of the ships have cockpit issues. i had to more or less permanantly wedge in a han figure into the cockpit. he's flying solo, as i'd have to cut the feet off any of my chewie figures to even hope making him fit.

i think some of those cantina aliens were produced for some kind of mail order catalog (J.C. Pennie's????) back in the late seventies. this one-eyed guy was one of them, i believe. the figures were never sent to customers (i'm pretty sure), but there had to be prototypes made for the catalog pictures of them to be taken. if someone else knows what i'm talking about and has pictures, please post some. my info is from memory about a snippet of a Steve Sansweet article i read a long time ago about toy collecting. anyway, a cool updated version would be great, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.