main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto What is the Animatrix?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TragicLad, Mar 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    No one can tell you what the animatrix is, you have to experience it for yourself.

Okay, not exactly so. Actually, anyone can tell you what the animatrix is. It's a series of animation studios doing short vignettes set in the 'Matrix' universe. Four will be available online to download, one is playing in theatres and all will be available on dvd in June.

Anyone else been downloading these things as they come available, or see the cg animated Final Flight of the Osiris that's running with Dreamcatcher?

2. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    *raise hand*

guilty ...

3. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Oh yeah, been following this stuff for a while.

My plans to see Dreamcatcher were postponed, but I've seen the 2 available short films online.

Wasn't that keen on the Feudal Japan segment "Program", it seemed more of a 'lets do this fighting segment with cool anime angles and sequences then end it in the Matrix 'real world'

But the "Second Renaissance" was well done in it's historical look into the world of the matrix.

And speaking of Animate Films...

Spirited Away won the Academy Award for Best Animated Film!

4. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    Woohoo Miyazaki!!!! Woot!!111!
    Next month is when Studio Ghibli/Disney break my bank by releasing the DVDs to not only Spirited Away, but Castle in the Sky and Kiki's Delivery Service. May as well pick up that Mononoke DVD as well.

Oh. And Grave of the Fireflies. Mustn't forget that.

Oh I'm going to be so poor.

--

Three posts and we're off topic. Is this a Toronto Line record?

5. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Paul and I saw dreamcatchers...interesting flick :)

The matrix short was quite amzing with the visuals...like REALLY good :)

6. Mahms_katarn

Mahms_katarn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Animatrix? It can be the name of one Asterix character :p

7. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Tragic, somehow I doubt that's a record! ;)

Yeah, that's an expensive week. Grave is already out for 30 something! (oldschool pricing)

And for those that don't know, that Animatrix short (in front of Dreamcatcher)- Last Flight of the Osiris - is done by Square - same people of Final Fantasy fame (both game and movie)

8. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Saw Dreamcatcher on Friday. The short was a heck of a lot of T&A with only a little plot, but the little plot there was was interesting, and the quality of the animation was damn good. (which I am now not surprised to hear was Square)

9. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

Speaking of anime

Spirited Away is back in Theatres!!! :D i'm going to try to convince somebody to go this sunday ;)

10. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    Ewwww, we scared now, lol

11. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    Took an Oscar for Disney to realize what a great movie they had. Still doesn't get half the distribution that 'Piglet's Big Movie' has, or even the level of promotion that was thrown behind last year's 'Country Bears' --- but who cares at this point. One last chance to see it on a big screen.

Hurray for Miyazaki!

12. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    I missed Spirited Away in it's first run... I'm happy it's back and hoping to catch it sometime soon.

13. Darth_Surly

Darth_Surly Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    For someone who's not posting a lot anymore I sure am loud tonight...

Anyway, I just wanted to make sure you guys had heard about the Animatrix shorts that Warner's releasing on DVD in (I think) May. I can post more info when I get to work if there's interest.

14. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    I heard about the DVD when I saw Dreamcatcher, more info would be welcome.

15. Darth_Surly

May 10, 2002
    Release date: June 3
    Nine exclusive animated shorts set in the world of The Matrix. Produced by the Wachowski bros. Select episodes avail on www.theanimatrix.com. Created by Mahiro Maeda, Shinichiro Watanabe, Yoshiaki Kawajiri, Takeshi Koike, Kouji Morimoto and computer animation team Square USA (Final Fantasy).

If I come across anything else, I'll post it here.

16. Darth_Surly

May 10, 2002
    OK, I've got a very cool looking trade ad which says VHS suggested retail is $19.98 DVD $29.98. Features: voice commentaries, "scrolls to screen" featurette, "making of" documentary, and more. (Their quotation marks, not mine.)

That's all it says.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.