main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is the Animatrix?

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by DonC, Aug 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
  2. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Agh! It has meeeee!!! Get it of! Agh!

What is the Animatrix?
    Well, it's like the Matrix, but softer with cream filling on the inside...

3. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Matrix... WHOA!

4. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Seriously though, that looks sweet. I'd still like to get the animated Clerks series too... And Clerks, and Mallrats, and Chasing Amy, and the Collector's Edition of Dogma (already have reg. version)...

But yeah, that looks tight.

*side note... is it just me, or does Keanu say "whoa!" in every movie he's in?*

WHOA!

5. GenerationX7

GenerationX7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2002
    That looked cool. I think I'll check it out when it comes out.

6. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    STOP THE TORTURE! STOP THE TORTURE!

Did I every say I hate the matrix. In every form.

7. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
  8. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Why Not!!

9. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    The Matrix owns so much, it pwns...

10. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    If you wish to know the truth about the Animatrix then follow the gray lynx.

Edit: Since this is new, and popular, it's is getting an insane number of hits. That means it is giving new definition to the word "slow."

11. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I loved the scene where the robot crushed the guy's skull and his brain fell out. :D

Story wise there were a lot of parallels with how humanity has treated various minority and religious minorities over the past couple thousand years. Not a bad first effort, but I look foreward to seeing some more action-oriented episodes.

Here are some details on the DVD.

12. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I thought the backstory to how 01 was created and the war with the machines started was awesome. With the title "The Second Renaissance, Part 1", I would hope they'd have a Part 2... I can't wait to see how 01 retaliates after not being admitted to the United Nations. The machine ripping the guy's skull apart was sweet, and I agree that more action would be cool. The computer animated episode looks the most promising, IMO.

13. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    I don't mean to change the subject here, but Don...I had that icon before you, so uh, change it please. The one thing I can't stand is people copying me! As for this Matrix thing, I want to see it, but my comp doesn't like Quicktime and thus I can't view it. I will in a few days though, when I get my new Pentium4 2.4Ghz computer with 1GB of PC2700 DDR RAM...w00t!

14. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    I don't mean to change the subject here, but Don...I had that icon before you, so uh, change it please

*rolls eyes*

The Animatrix looks pretty sweet. I can't wait until May :D

15. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    If you can tell me what this icon is from, I'll change it. And I don't mean a generalization. You have to be specific. And I hope your new computer likes Quick Time better then your old one. I know what it's like to have a computer that Quick Time crashes half the time.

16. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    That's wierd... On my Mac, QuickTime doesn't crash at all... Must be an inferior operating system... ;)

-b-

17. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    I honestly have no clue as to what this icon is from. Looks like artwork of some sort, maybe concept art. All I know is its really cool, and I'm not changing mine. I just don't want to be confused with you all the time, Don (not that that's likely!}. As for this Quicktime issue...I get a -2093 error. Anyone know how to fix that? Not that it'll matter in a few days when I get my new pc, but it'd be cool if I could fix it to view this Matrix thing first!

18. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    It's the cover to Star Wars: Empire #4 by Brian Horton. I wanted a comic art icon, this was my favorite.

19. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    Well I haven't seen the first episode of this series but I will ASAP. Thought you all might like to know that part 2 entitled "Program" is out and available for download, but not at the Warner Bros. site. Go here to download it (note that you need to become a member to download, but signing up is completely free, and it's a great site for game demos too!)

Click Here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.