main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto what is the better system? xbox, ps2, gamecube? please state reason and state improvements each sys

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Jedi_master_Bernard, Dec 25, 2003.

?

what is the better system? xbox, ps2, gamecube? please state reason and state improvements each sys

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Xbox

26.1%
  2. Game Cube

34.8%
  3. Playstation 2

39.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_master_Bernard

Jedi_master_Bernard Jedi Master star 1

Dec 5, 2002
  2. Jedi_master_Bernard

Dec 5, 2002
    i like xbox because it has an harddrive right off the bat. and i also like xbox live cause it is fast, no lagg 90 % of the time and because it has a preety good game base

some of the things that game cube can improve on is having a better game base. more games that are teen rated or higher. too much kid games. not to say those kiddy games are crap but i think they would havee more ppl if they di that. i like their stawars games.

3. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    The fact that you can use the playstation as a DVD player swayed me. Also the games are more kid and girl friendly. I can't say that of the xbox.
    It depends also what you are looking for if you like the acade style go for the gamecube if you like the roleplaying go for one of the others.

4. Yavarice

Yavarice Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2000
    I vote Xbox for reasons later.

It's the games that you really determine which console to get.

I have a cube myself, but then again thats because I grew up with the gang of Mario, Zelda and Metroid.
    So the few gems that the big N has amongst the mediocre crowd seemed worth it at the time.

PS2 has the always amazing Final Fantasy series and I heard kingdom hearts is a great RPG as well.
    Both have the GTA series and decent platformers, sports and driving games as well. And online capabilities if thats your thing though the Box is better suited for it.

Xbox has Knights of the Old Republic.

5. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    pfft...forget those systems - Virtual Boy ROCKS!!!

6. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    PS2 as TheRealShmi stated has great DVD capabilities, I yet have to buy a DVD that cannot be read by the PS2

Then you have the games:
    - Final Fantasy Serie
    - Grand Turismo 3 is the game for which I bought mine
    - Legacy of Kain II
    - super bombad racing ^_^ it's stupid but funny.

Yeah but the X-Box can read DVD and has cool games too...
    Does it really now?

The X-Box is in fact a gamers computer that uses Microsoft Technology and a very basic video card so that a tv can show it.

I mean might has well put the money in a new computer instead of buying an X-Box, most of the X-box games are derivative from a PC games but without the advantages of the keyboard.

X-Box as a Built-in Hard Drive when you buy it...
    does it really help everytime you open your X-Box to play a game?

PS2 can be upgraded with such a Hard Drive, and NetWork Capabilities, which makes it great in terms of upgrades... X-Box?? what can you upgrade on that (really asking I haven't looked into it.)

I won't even start on the Game Cube case, altough I do love the Metroid serie, I bought a Game Boy Advance and was happy with Metroid Fusion.
    I think they totally missed their goal on that platform, which is one of the reason they have been falling behind and changed CEO so often in the past years.

So PS2 it is for me, I trust the gaming platforms that sony puts out and even some of the ones that Nintendo puts out, As far as X-Box goes, Microsoft should stick to so many monopolisations, stay out of gaming.

My best advice would be the following:
    Save your money for Celebration III ^_^
    Then save some more for a Good upgradable computer, and then you really will enjoy the full capacity of your games.

7. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    the best system is the one that has the games that you like to play.

8. KingBob

KingBob Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2000
    COLECO VISION!!!!

9. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    I prefer the Gamecube. Compact, colorful, has the majority of fun titles, including the Star Wars brands, and let's face it; Mario is da man.

Besides, if I wanted to watch a Dvd or play a more advanced interactive game, that's what my DVD player and computer is for.

;)

10. Anakin_Padme4ever

Anakin_Padme4ever Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 29, 2002
    I'd have to say ps2. I've played gamecube a little before, but I still find ps2 controllers are kinda easier to handle, mostly because they're smaller in comparison to the gamecube or xbox controllers.

Okay, and part of it could be that I have a ps2 and more used it to it then the other two. :p

11. Jedi_Samwise_Gamgee

Jedi_Samwise_Gamgee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Gamecube, PS2. They are both very good, but what I heard about the XBOX , that's even better! Alot of the really cool games are on that, as mentioned, it has it's own hard drive (I was told it can Burn CDRs) DVD player.. ya, I'd go for that. It's got more.

I got my boyfriend the Questpack. It came with two games ( Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Mechasult [I think I spelled that right...] ) and two free months of XBOX Live. He says it's the best one! (He has a PS2, and Gamecube)

EDIT

Ok, I found out from my bf that the ps2 is also a DVD player... that makes me want to change my vote. Becuase there are more games on ps2 and more people seem to go online with ps2 than XBOX Live... I guess I like them the same almost...
    So, my choice is PS2

I just wish I could change my vote...

12. Jedi_master_Bernard

Dec 5, 2002
    i thought more ppl went on xbox live ? isnt it?

13. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    I can't say about which system has more people on their respective LAN services, but I just found out an interesting information:

The XBox DVD player doesn't work without the remote adapter... unlike the PS2, you can't control the DVD menu with the xbox GamePad.

which suck.

Oh and as far as I know (and I looked it up) you can't burn a cd with your Xbox, what you can do is burn the copy of a game to a cd and then play it in your Xbox...but you can do that with the PS2 just as well after a short MODchipification.

so I'd still go with the PS2, but like adam said, you better choose your console based on the games you play.

That's why I have a PS2 (GT3) and a Game Boy Advance SP (Metroid Fusion).

14. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm voting for the Gamecube, why? cause it has the most games I want to play.

And that's what you really need to look at, which games YOU want to play - thankfully some games are multi platform, I wish more were.

Yeah, the PS2 has a huge selection of games, but that doesn't mean they are all good, and the graphics for most are rather poor (esp ps1). As well, the hardware is a bit dated compared to the other 2 systems.

The X-Box, well it's game selection didn't thrill me, other than Halo, which is available for the Mac now anyway. I don't play sports games either. The controller is very awkward as well - bloated.

So, when I bought my Cube, the choice was clear. Decent Star wars games (the Rogue Leader game ROCKS) and of course they have Zelda (and with the new collectors disc I can get rid of my NES and 64) The arguement for it being for kids is old news, not that I'd want my kid playing resident evil. And now Final Fantasy is coming back to Nintendo as well! So, like the PS system, the choice of games is well rounded. And like the Xbox, the graphics are amazing.

So, best of both and in a tiny cube!

15. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    With an handle to carry it around.

:D

16. SamwiseGamgee

SamwiseGamgee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    NES Forever!!!!

Thats all I have to say!

17. Moopz_Vader

Moopz_Vader Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2001
    If a newbie to the boards may be so bold, I vote for the Cube!

It's got some awesome games, close to zero load time, the presentation is cute, its got the funky little handle, you can hook more then 2 controllers up to it, and at Blockbuster we've got nice little carrying cases for it!

As for improvements, I don't like paying thirty bucks to be able to save :(

Thanks for listening to my bit!

Steph

18. Krustull

Krustull Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2004
    If u would have asked me a year ago I would have said X-box. But since then I signed a contract to do music for RockStar games next major Release and I just want a system to play this game on. I'm pumped up about it.

Btw the game is called The Warriors based of the cult movie Warriors from 1979.

19. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

*anime tears* Gamecube is on the downswing atm. That's my personal favorite gaming system at the momment. I don't own it (yet, once I can get money to save up for it however :p ), heck... I don't actually own any system.

WAIT! I do! *retreats to closet* My original Sega Genesis ^^

20. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

As of last weekend I now have a Gamecube. I actually picked it up off someone (thank you very much, that someone) yet have yet to pay him for it *whistles*.

Came with the game Rouge Squardron, which I actually found quite dull after about an hour. So I went out to rent Soul Calibr 2 from Blockbuster.

I had the worst experience ever at blockbuster. I first went to search the games section and couldn't find the game. Shocked that such a popular game wasn't there, I asked the employee just in case. I asked her if they had the Gamecube's Soul Caliber. She went and got me (I believe) the PS2 version, which just got me upset. I told her I needed the GAMECUBE version. So she goes to check her computer, and with a few swift key strokes she tells me that it's out. I asked her when it would be back in, and she quickly replied, "Well, It should have been returned on Febuary 21st... so it won't ever come back." "Can't you do anything about it?" "Well, we call everyday, yet if it's a fake account we can't do much about it."

Steamed I go back to the Games Section and browsed for another game. Most of the cases seemed to be missing, so trying to find an interesting title was a bit acward. I finally saw Zelda, grabed it and went back to the cash.

"You have late charges of $30 dollars." she told me. "From what?" I had of late started to ban blockbuster and instead went to my Indie Style Video Store, even though it was a longer walk away. "From Intorlerable Cruilty and Fallen Angels." -.- My mum forgot to return her chick flicks -.- I tried to convince her that my mum had rented those films, yet she seemed for certain that I was the only one on the account -.-

"I only have $20 on me, and I need ten of it for something else..." She grabed the $20 from my hands, stuck it in the cash, handed me the game and said, "You still owe $15, have a nice day."

... not a pleasent way to start my gaming experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.