main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is the defence between a Dark Jedi and the Sith?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Bravo, Jan 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    What is the defence betwwen a Dark Jedi and the Sith? Are they the same thing?

2. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    i think Sith are just a higher level of Dark Jedi.

3. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    The Sith are a special type of Dark Jedi. They have their own secret order separate from other Dark Jedi. I think.

4. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    While a dark Jedi simply draws on the power of the dark side, a Sith draws on the power of the dark side through the Sith teachings. It's more of a religion. Anyone can use the Force for good, but to be included in the Old Jedi Order one had to be taught in a certain way and conform to rules.

5. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    The sith are an ancient civilization led/enslaved by dark jedi.

hence dark lord of the sith

6. Sabrajaguar

Sabrajaguar Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 22, 2001
    No A Dark Jedi simpley uses the Force for personal gain and reasons. Using the DS makes them randomly violent, spearing and killing those who cross them on a whim and ocassionaly fun. What is their obssession vareys from Darkjedi to Dark Jedi. The Night sisters wanted to escape Dothmir, Arun sing wanted to kill Jedi for sport(but never realy went looking for them). Kruller was power hungrey, The New Night sisters wanted to rule Dothmir and the 2nd Imperium. The ability or lack their of, to Organise depends on the Darkjedi.

DarkJedi are short term minded.

What you would call Over all Chaotic evil.

Sith are actively and aggressivly out to destroy the jedi and Rule the galaxy. Rabidly violent they kill both out of whim and pleasure. They cannot Exist in a stable clan/pride/sociaty because their DS instincts are too strong. One will turn on the other with EXTREAM prejudice. They died out from a combination Internal conflict and External Jedi pressures.

So there are always 2 A master and an Aprentice.

Because of their Long term plans. They would be considerd Lawful evil.

7. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    in the tales of the jedi, the sith were seen as an empire ruled by force users.

8. tanjokabri

tanjokabri Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    do you mean 'difference'?
    because 'defence' doesn't make much sense...

9. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    The original Sith was a species that was enslaved by dark side Force users. These users were called "Dark Lords of the Sith." Over time, the Sith species died out, and Sith took on its current meaning.

10. palpatineson

palpatineson Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2001
    Bib is wise.

The last Dark Lord of the Sith was Vader, but the last true dark lord who deserved the title was Exar Kun.

The order of the sith is actually been very well maintained over the years. They have never really died out and a new one is always showing up, as Bantam made abundantly clear.

The Sith Empire was a race of peoples outside of the boundaries of the Old Repbulci and viewed as myth within. They made war on the OR and because of betrayal and lack of forces, lost. When they returned, battered and defeated, a new DLofS had arrison in the empire and a war between the two armies began.

11. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Sith - trained in the Sith ways, passed down from Darth Bane (in the "modern" SW Universe)

"Dark Jedi" - a) trained as a Jedi, but turns to the Dark Side. b) no formal Jedi training, but uses the Dark Side

"Dark Jedi" are NOT Sith, and Sith are NOT Dark Jedi.

wk

12. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Yes. To wild kardde and Bib you listen.

13. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    But the term "Dark Jedi" is still an oxymoron ;)

wk

14. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    "The sworn enemies of the Jedi are the Sith -- a cult-like order bent on domination through subservience to the Force's dark side. Founded by former Jedi, the Sith abandoned the precepts of knowledge and defense, and instead seek abandon and strength through the Force's hateful energies." - Official Site

Personally, I dislike the terms dark Jedi and rogue Jedi. I prefer terms like fallen Knight or darksider. Other cult-like orders include Nightsisters and the Jensaari.

15. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    All Sith are Dark Jedi, but not all Dark Jedi are Sith.

16. JediVegeta

JediVegeta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    But Bib, by saying all Sith are Dark Jedi, you are also saying that all Dark Jedi are Sith....

Heh, just playing...I understand what you are conveying.

17. jaeger

jaeger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 10, 2001
    DarkJedi are what they called Sith before the Sith order (2000 years before TPM - and that came GL himself, so its beyond condestation). After the Sith order come into being you were either a Jedi, a Fallen jedi (no longer in the order, but not in the darkside, I would assume Jedi children not picked for Padawans would also fit into this catagory) or a Sith.

18. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "But Bib, by saying all Sith are Dark Jedi, you are also saying that all Dark Jedi are Sith....

Heh, just playing...I understand what you are conveying."

No he didn't he used a conversitive postulate, I think it was called in geometry.

It's like saying "All fathers are men, but not all men are fathers".

Some words can go one direction, but not nesscerilly the other.

"After the Sith order come into being you were either a Jedi, a Fallen jedi (no longer in the order, but not in the darkside, I would assume Jedi children not picked for Padawans would also fit into this catagory) or a Sith."

Just plain incorrect. There is the Sith Order and it's said, "only two there are, master and apprentice".

Anything else falls under Dark Jedi, or fallen jedi. Because only 2 sith exist in the sith order. (Of course there are a few isolated sith cults(sorceror's of tund). But they do not belong to the "Sith Order")

19. jaeger

Dec 10, 2001
    "Anything else falls under Dark Jedi" - No quite. You see the SITH keep their numbers at only 2 - its not some kind of natural law or something like that, they choose to do it that way. Its not impossible to have more then 2 Sith. Ie - if Maul hadn't died and .... had still left and fallen to the darkside, he would still be a Sith.

20. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Oh, boy not another illogical newbie. LFL says one thing, these newbies say another. Well, the newbies don't agree with LFL, yet LFL is the one that has the right to say what they want(and copyright it).

So you tell me who is the only one who legally can say anything. Anything else would be mental fanfic. Fiction made-up by the fan.

21. Blue_Sky

Blue_Sky Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2002
    if Maul hadn't died and .... had still left and fallen to the darkside, he would still be a Sith

Do you think that by just "falling to the darkside" alone labels you as a Sith automatically? Wouldn't you have to knowingly accept the way of the Sith in order to be one? Couldn't you be considered just as evil and powerful perhaps without fully embracing the ideology of the Sith?

Just a thought.....

22. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    This always annoyed me. People always called Dark Jedi Sith and Sith Dark Jedi. You are not a Sith unless you are trained as a sith, thats like calling all Christians Roman Catholics. A Dark Jedi is like a fallen Jedi, other than that you are a Darksider.

BTW, I really didnt like making Palpatine a Sith.

23. jaeger

Dec 10, 2001
    "trained as a sith" - well from how AotC looks ... doesn't train as a Sith. The Sith are the same as the Jedi, only they use the darkside (ie - Qui-Gon says Maul was trained in the JEDI ARTS, not the Sith arts). Before GL changed how the Sith were (ie - 2000 years old and not 10,000 or whatever it is) I would agree, there was a difference between Jedi and Sith, however GL changed that - Sith are the same as Jedi, only they use the Darkside - which elminated the need for DarkJedi.

24. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    So what is the deffernce between the two?

25. jaeger

Dec 10, 2001
    Nothing - Darkjedi are what characters who don't know about Sith/who were alive before the Sith were created called Darkside users.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.