main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is the Fresno Fan Force and what are our plans for the future?

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by AnakinsLuv, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnakinsLuv

AnakinsLuv Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2004
    Okay everyone, here is where we need to be defining our FanForce and what we want it to become. Since we are still in the phase of trying to establish our group we all need a place to put in our two cents, old and new members alike, so that we can make this the best and most fun fan club to be in!!!

We had our official 2nd meeting last night in line at Edwards! WooHoo!! [face_dancing] I thought it was short and sweet and fun!!! Everyone seems very cool and I had a great time getting to know all of you!

We all decided at the meeting that the best place to have our 3rd official meeting will be at the Collectable Convention on Saturday, June 11th . We can all decide on the time closer to the event and I will be contacting Dave Fly to see if he can hook us up with anything cool there.

Also, I will be contacting our Pacific FanForce rep and see what we will need to be doing at our third meeting, i.e. electing officers, planning other events, etc.

So, let our brainstorming begin!!

-AnakinsLuv

2. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    I never saw you at the fountain last night/yesterday, but I did end up seeing the person in the Yoda/Jeff Gordon shirt you had mentioned a few times!

I never got to partake of the "meeting" at all. No prob, though, as I was part of Meeting #1. As for Meeting #3....hmmmm...that week may not work for me. I shall know more later.

3. Bladion

Bladion Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2005
    What time did the meeting take place, because I also did not participate. Was not aware. Granted, I'm new to the boards, but still. We should all have a chance. I'll do my best to make it to meeting #3, but I'll just have to switch a day from work in order to do it.

4. AnakinsLuv

Apr 2, 2004
    Sorry you were unable to join us, guys! I walked up and down every single line asking people if they posted on theforce.net and the only ones I found were Rabbit4x and Jedi_Finney and his group. I swear I looked for you guys!

We had the meeting in line #10, so that Finney's group wouldn't loose their spots. ;)

We must have met around 7:30/8-ish. If you weren't there before that while I was looking for you then that's why you missed us. We also were walking around handing out our flyers so if you were looking for me from my description of myself then you would have caught me then too.

All in all, I don't know what happened! :confused: I'm so sorry guys but I hope you will be able to attend the next one!

-AnakinsLuv

5. Darth_Necronus

Darth_Necronus Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Well, I was near the fountain, but I did not know anyone or of the Fan Force. So I am now offering my assistance and support. Just let me know what and when and I will do my best to be there and ready to go.

6. Bladion

Bladion Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2005
    Hey, AnakinsLuv, no worries, it's understandable. There were 9 theaters worth of people there and that's a large crowd to go through. My wife, daughter, and I got in line around 2:00PM or so, but I was in Johnny Rockets for about 10-15 minutes getting food. I don't remember what time that was though, so all is forgiven.

But I will do my best to make the next meeting.

7. Rabbit4x

Rabbit4x Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2004
    Thought I should repost this here:

It was great meeting some new people last night.

Im exicted to actually know SW fans who are in Fresno.

So, the next meeting will be during the collectible show on Saturday June 11.

Lets pic a location to meet, heres the concention center map:

http://www.djlprod.com/03_Dealer%20Info/Dealer%20Info%20Pages/Booth%20Locations.htm

As for electing officers, we can decide either during the
    collectible show or either here.

What else am I missing? I think probably during the show, everyone can just fully introduce themselves, since last night was just a little meeting. The show will a longer timeframe for everyone to know each other.

8. donsolo

donsolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2004
    man, I need to try extra hard to make it to that meeting as I've missed out on the Edwards one :(

oh well, I'm sure we'll have plenty of chances, right?

9. Darth_Necronus

May 19, 2005
    Question: Mabey this was already answered but, Where is the Convention? I know when the convention is but I am not too sure were. If someone could please let me know. Thanx.

10. DLotS-Talon

DLotS-Talon Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2005
    Greetings all. Do to the urgings of Darth_Necronus I have joined this gathering. My services can always be rendered to those who ask, as well I am very intrigued as to the nature of what the nature of this grouping is.

My passion is yours.

I am the Heart of Darkness.
    I know no fear,But rather I instill it in my enemies.
    I am the destroyer of worlds.
    I know the power of the Dark Side.
    For I have found true life.....In the death of the light...

11. Rabbit4x

Rabbit4x Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2004
    Hi,

Its down at the Fresno Fair Grounds, inside the "Commerce Building."

12. Darth_Necronus

May 19, 2005
    Roger Roger, and Greetings to Talon.

13. AnakinsLuv

Apr 2, 2004
    Welcome Talon! So nice to have you! [:D]

Necronus! Oh, yes, by all means please feel free to help and support us! We are so glad to have you! [:D]

So guys...we are getting a little bigger! Yay! [face_dancing]

-AnakinsLuv

14. AnakinsLuv

Apr 2, 2004
    My post from the other thread in case you guys miss it...

I'm going to email the Convention guy that was handing out those flyers at Edwards and see what he can hook us up with!

Cross your fingers!

I'm hoping that maybe if there is an admission fee he can get us in for at least some sort of discount. Plus, I'm sure if all that have one come in costume he would love that! I'll let everyone know via this thread what he tells me and what the plans are.

Stay tuned!

-AnakinsLuv

15. DarksiderGeorge

DarksiderGeorge Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2002
    It is likely that 2-3 of the 501st, folks will be there at least on one of the days... Ken, you think??

16. Darth_Necronus

May 19, 2005
    I have a Sith costume that I would love to wear. But I have some Problems with getting there and Getting in. Let me know what we are going to do and I will do my best to be there.

17. Obi1kenny

Obi1kenny Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    Hey Chris (DarksiderGeorge) so are you going to go to this or the 501st meeting that is the same day, as you just said on our board that you wanted to go to that too?

Anyhow, I am thinking more and more about going to this on the 11th. But if not I might make it down for the 12th.

18. DarthFresno

DarthFresno Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    I'll be in full costume there on the 11th probably all day

19. Obi1kenny

May 10, 2002
    Man what a die hard. Well, I will try to come down on the 11th then just to see this suit then.

Maybe DSG will join you in his Stormtrooper gear.

20. DarthFresno

May 20, 2005
    Hey Kenny,
    I would love to have at least one of the 501st show up in stormtrooper gear to get pictures with, and just to see in general. How it all started with me and my costume was looking up a stormtrooper replica. Was reading mass amounts of forums to find out where to buy them at and then saw a thread on Vader. Well got looking into it and prices, and did some research on his suit and realized, why not just go Vader. Likewise, if i was going to start a project such as this i wasn't going to spare any 2nd rate stuff. I mentioned to my little brother that a stormtrooper or two *might* be there from the 501st and he about went off the deepend. The only trooper i've encountered was Episode III night when channel 30 was interviewing him. However when i walked up channel 30 ran over to me and i did not see him again that night =(.

-D
    F

21. AnakinsLuv

Apr 2, 2004
    Hey ya'll!

Just giv'n you a heads up to the Convention, in case you miss it in the other thread.

Meeting time and place will be Saturday, June 11th, at 2:30pm near the Main Entrance of the Commerce Building (Fresno Fair Grounds) . This is our 3rd official meeting and after this, we will be an Official FanForce! [face_dancing] So EVERYONE be there!!!!!

I think that we should try to get some productive things done at this meeting, like nominate officers, plan our next get-together, and think of new ways to get more members! :D In fact, does anyone want to hand out more flyers at this? Remember to change the link to the easy one: FresnoFanForce.com. Can anyone think of anything else we need to do?

-AnakinsLuv

22. AnakinsLuv

Apr 2, 2004
    Thanks to eveyone that showed up at the convention! I know it was a little um, well...not immensly impressive, but ya know. :p This is Fresno we are talking about! I have a friend on the Defender's thread who's family is from here and she said that Fresno is like Tatooine..."If there's a bright center of the universe, you're in the city that it's farthest from!" This is, sadly, so true...

But WE can make it a brighter place!!! I mean, just look...we have had 3 official meetings now and are about to become an official FanForce! Yee-haw!! :D

I'm so sorry I got there late....we were coming from Bass Lake and it took us longer than we thought. I feel so bad, but I'm so proud that eveyone met together like they were supposed to!! :) I think it would be wise if we exchanged cell phone numbers before our next get-together. I was kind of wishing I could've called someone to let them know we were going to be a little late...oh, well.

So, our meetings don't last very long, I can see that! :p We need to start discussing our next get-together and what we should do at it. Should it be a SW party? BBQ at the park? We could play the SW Trivial Pursuit if we had it at someone's house...that might be fun. Or we could all plan on seeing ROTS together at Sig. or Edwards one night? DarthFresno , do you have any more charity events some of us can tag along at?

A few things we need to do right away is elect officers...I'm sure our Pacific FanForce Rep., JediRacer will be wanting a list of who is who so that he can contact the correct people. We also need to take a count of who has a costume.

So on your next post in this thread, put in your vote for our next shindig and let us know if you have a costume and what kind. We will eventually elect officers in another thread, but I need to find out what positions we are supposed to occupy first...so be watching for that thread soon....

-AnakinsLuv

23. DarthFresno

May 20, 2005
    Later today i'm going to look at the June and July calender's of the local news stations as well as the Fresno Bee's and get back to you. I became friend with all the klingons at the convention as well so even though they chose the darker path (trekies) they are a great group of people and might be interested in coming if we would have them?

24. Obi1kenny

May 10, 2002
    I am so down for a game of "Trivial Pursuit dvd Star Wars Saga Edition"(TM)!!! I'll bring my copy if I have too and play any where any time!

So anyhow, I am up for probably meeting up with you guys again if I'm not involved with other events and such. I'd really like to get Merced back into this as well.

25. donsolo

donsolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2004
    ooo... I haven't played the Saga edition Trivial Persuit yet, count me in! I also like the idea of a park gathering of some sort, and I'll throw in an idea to go to one of Manchester Mall's mini collectable shows they have every month + going over to Sigy for a cheap movie (ROTS or otherwise).

And like I said before... I don't have much of a costume - just a $10 Jedi robe and assorted lightsabers.

I was curious... does anyone in here have and droid building experience, or would they be interested in helping build one or more astromechs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.