main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is the greatest Star Wars ending musical moment?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Strilo , Mar 19, 2002.

?

What is the greatest Star Wars ending musical moment?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. "The Throne Room" - A New Hope

29.6%
  2. "The Rebel Fleet" - Empire Strikes Back

33.3%
  3. "Ewok Celebration" - Return of the Jedi

5.6%
  4. "Victory Celebration" - Return of the Jedi SE

20.4%
  5. "The Parade" - The Phantom Menace

11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
  2. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    I'm probably one of the greatest fans of The Rebel Fleet/End Credits. As far as I'm concerned, it's not only the best credit music, it's the best single track of all Star Wars music. Heck, let me go further, it might be my single favorite cue of all scores.

3. Darth_Potter

Darth_Potter Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2001
    Every time I watch ROTJ SE the Victory Celebration always gave me chills of happiness.

4. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    Tough choice between ANH, TESB, and TPM. I voted for the parade sequence of TPM though, because I think it has the best transition from movie to end credits. :D

5. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I too chose the Victory Celebration. It gives me chills when I listen to the CD. When I watch ROTJ and see the ending, it frequently brings tears to my eyes.

6. Le_Seide

Le_Seide Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2002
    I'm with you there bright sith, "The Rebel Fleet" is one of the best music cues in the whole movies.

7. Darth_Clossinius

Darth_Clossinius Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2002
    Augie's Band at the end of TPM...

Throne room is a close second....

The Ewok celebration made my friends cry when i played it for them...they were scared...

I unsuccessfully tried to get the school band to play the augie theme when we actually won football games last season...i told people it would be a great theme...but no they play some unknown piece of turd...

the other school bands at the games played the main theme among other JW hits like Jurassic Park and Indiana Jones (which was awesome) damn our mediocre band

8. Maatkk

Maatkk Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    Definitely "The Rebel Fleet". :D

9. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Whoa, I'm supposed to choose? How does that work?! Oh, well, I chose the Ewok dance, because I absolutely adore the ewoks. They're my favorite characters. But I seriously love all of them! All I can say is it's a tie between all of them except TPM and the Throne Room, which come in at a close second . . .

Ooooh, just discovered the music board, and I feel like a child set loose in a toy store . . . *starts running frantically from one thread to another, soaking up the comments from other music-lovers*

10. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    LOL!!! Welcome!

11. jayme_

jayme_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2002
    I picked TPM, because I love the "La las" and "Ba dum dums." Yeah, it's kiddy...but I still love it.

12. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    All have their pro's, but Rebel Fleet is just 'it'. I can't help it, I've heard this on the radio in a soundtrack show just before SE hit theaters, and it's one of the greatest pieces of music in SW.
    Victory Celebration is a close second, but age wins before beauty... although they are both beautiful... you know what I mean. This is a special ending as I was there when it was in the cinema for the first time. I had known that there was a 'new ending', new shots and new music, and I was waiting just for this.

But why do so many people prefer Throne Room?
    It's overly dramatic in contrast to this overly royal music that merges into the closing fanfare. Not my style. But if you like it, OK. Interesting.

PS Welcome to the boards!

13. Darth_Synical

Darth_Synical Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    I consider all Star Wars music basically great... cant say mouch more then that. I just hope that they pull it off again in AOTC. Cause when it all comes down to it..... Music makes a movie great in some aspects.

14. _Padme_

_Padme_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2002
    Hmmm... this is a difficult one. I've chosen The Throne Room, although The Parade is a close second.

15. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    I think it's great that JW made the emperor's theme into a happy theme for Episode I by speeding it up. Pure brilliance on his part! :D

16. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Yeah I like that too. But most of these other musical pieces just dwarf The Parade. Oh and Ewok Celebration is just an obnoxious piece of crap. :D

17. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    How I would rank them:

1) ANH -- It's just so perfect.

2) ESB -- A Rebel Fleet is a very close second. It is a great piece of music.

3) ROTJ -- "Yub Yub" or "Nub Nub" or whatever it's called. It sounds more energetic and catchier.

4) ROTJ -- Victory Celebration is a little too subdued for my tastes, and it sounds like a carnival song, like someone said. Also, it doesn't mesh with the end credits as well as Yub Yub.

5) TPM -- I used to like it, but it's sort of lost its charm over time.

18. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    The ewok song is just so much fun to dance to! I like to jump up and down and sing it out at the top of my lungs when I watch it. :) The Victory Celebration is absolutely beautiful, and I love it, but it's a different mood. They're basically equal.

The Ewok song is for total celebration. They have finally defeated the Empire and feel like nothing can keep them down now. I think you can really hear that in the catchy fun of the song and the accompanying visuals.

The Victory Celebration is more contemplative. Yes, they've won, but at what cost? Luke has lost his father and found his sister; so many good people have died but their deaths were not in vain. It's still joyful, but more like a sigh of relief after an ordeal, or sinking into bed at night after a stressfuly day, knowing you can sleep late tomorrow and don't have anything you have to do.

Why give one up? Just love them both. :)

19. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    I've always been partial to the Ewok Celebration. I guess because I saw Jedi in the theater when it came out and just grew up with the origianl version.

I wished they would have kept the Ewok music with the new scenes from the SE

20. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I am glad they dumped that piece of crap. I always hated the Ewok Celebration, even when I was 10.

21. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    The Rebel Fleet is my favorite. The Throne Room is 2nd. Victory Celebration 3rd. TPM is last

22. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    I can't decide between The Throne Room, and The Rebel Fleet. I think I'll vote for The Throne Room, as there's something so happy, jolly, and triumphant about that music, it's hard not be put in an instant good mood listening to it.

23. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Yeah my sister was gonna use that as the Exit music for her wedding... :D

24. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Definately "The Rebel Fleet" from ESB.

25. jangosdna

jangosdna Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2001
    Rebel Fleet #1, with Throne room a close second

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.