What is the most beatiful thing you ever heard?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by AriBen_Kenobi, Jul 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub
  1. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    The most beautiful thing I'ver heard up to now was:
    "Hey, you look good, really!"

---
    In music it should be either the orchestrated Secret of Mana Theme or the Piano Version of Final Fantasy VIII's The Oath
  2. Sache8 Force Ghost

star 4
    Strictly musically speaking, I'd have to go with the cello.

As far as any sound in the world, I haven't the faintest idea, but I'll bet it's really something to hear the voice of your first child for the first time.
  3. Wolverine Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ooooh...Sache8 You sound like a real romantic... Yeah that sounds hard to beat.
    Cello seems to be a favourite among instruments...
  4. Leqsaa Jedi Padawan

Something from Tchaikovsky I guess. perhaps the pathetic symphony (no. 6) or some Edgar Faure...

No, wait. I know : it's the soundtrack from final fantasy VII. Even in MIDI it brings tears to my eyes... But maybe the memories of the game help.

Strictly sound speaking, I must admit the MiniMoog makes me feel all tingly each time. [face_blush]
  5. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    From movies:

Theology/Civilization

Chariots of Fire
  6. dolphin Chosen One

star 4
    Fievel singing "Somewhere out there" in American Tail

The "Burning Bush" score in "Prince of Egypt"

The first time I heard the end of Luke and Leia(track #2) and the beginning of "Brother and Sister/Father and Son*/The Fleet Enters Hyperspace**/Heroic Ewok (10:40)"(track #3) - ROTJ soundtrack
  7. Minigo Varay Jedi Knight

star 3
    Difficult question, but one of the most beautiful things is the music at the end of the swordfight in ROTJ with the choir and all. That's truly marvelous.
  8. Maladour-Fei Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    There is a part of a song that makes my neckhair raise and that's the intro-part och Richie Samboras "Gypsy woman". The keyboards and guitar creates a wonderful mood...
  9. Brettman Jedi Knight

"The Dream Within" credits music the Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within Soundtrack.
  10. Happy Ninja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I don't know the name of the song, but I htink Luciano Pavarotti sung it as the official 1990 World Cup English Theme - But then again, I'm not sure about that, because I have heard it heaps of times, but I never knew the name of it, or where it came from.

The last time I heard it was about 3 days ago, when I was flipping through the cable channels, and there was a documentry about the 1990 World Cup, with Pavarotti singing the track. This is where I think they said it was Englands official World Cup song, because they said it was responsible for making Classical Music cool again.

If anyone out there, especially the Brits on the Forum, can help out with this, I would be greatful - Even better if anyone can direct me to an Mp3.
  11. StarWars_Revelation Force Ghost

star 5
    Hmm. . . Oh I know. After being shot, a medic told me I was going to be okay. That was pretty cool.
  12. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    I would have to say the most beautiful thing I have ever heard would have to be the fourth movement of Beethoven's 9th Symphony, the Ode to Joy. Never has anyone created such a moving and beautiful piece of music.

13. slavegirl Jedi Master

star 4
  14. DarthHamSup Jedi Padawan

Bach's Air on a G-String. Played on a violin.
  15. Gonzonaut Jedi Knight

star 3
    hmmm... I really dig Dvorak's 9th (especially the 2nd movement) and Beethoven's 9th.

When it comes to individual songs, then "Ghosts of a Future Lost" by Clint Mansell from the Requim for a Dream soundtrack.
  16. Glacies Jedi Padawan

I agree about "The Burning Bush" from The Prince of Egypt. But I think it gets beat by "Silent Night" by Mannhiem Steamroller. That song really gives you a huge fealing of Nostolgia of christmases in the past. One other song that has never failed to give me chills is "Pines of the Apian Way" from Respigi's "Pines of Rome. Also the ending of "Firebird Suite 1919 Version" Is very good as well, but Silent Night has to top them all. Of musical instruments I would have to say any string instrument or the piano.
  17. Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Master

star 4
    PEARL HABOR'S SOUNDTRACK BY HANS ZIMMER!!! It's amazing... But it's only second to my best friend's voice... she has the most beautiful voice any living being could ever possess, a true gift from God. She wants to become an opera singer.
  18. Erk Force Ghost

star 4
    Apollonia from the Godfather soundtrack is truly the most beautiful piece of music ever written. no doubt.
  19. Knightstalker- Jedi Knight

star 3
    Knocking the top of a bottle of Tooheys Old beer.....gets me everytime...
  20. Tellesto Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Le Nozze DI Figaro - Overture KV 492

Symphony No. 40 in G minor KV 550 3. Molto Allegro

Those were the only two I could think of currently, but I appreciate them as two of the greatest pieces of music I have heard.
  21. thx1138-the-jedi Jedi Master

star 1
    Anything from STAR WARS and Cruel angel thesis form evangalion. i allso LOVE the sound of thunder.
  22. Drapheus Jedi Knight

star 1
    "Everlost Pt. 2" by an awesome band called "In Flames". Check out www.inflames.com
  23. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Gosh, why does everyone say the cello? Everyone seems to adore that basso rumbling, but then, you get to the viola (the most sublime instrument on earth) and you have the c-string range, but a much more mellow, perfect tone.

I agree with Strilo about Beethoven's 9th. I'm a fanatic about that piece, literally, but the moment that brings me to tears is during the vocal of "Freude schone gotterfunken," and "Seid umschlungen millionen mit der kusst der ganzen Welt" where the sopranos hit this seventeen-measure high D while the rest are doing the "Seid umschlungen words" to the "Freude schone gotterfunken" music and the orchestra is going nuts below. Every time, without fail, I start weeping.

Other favorites:

my mom doing Debussy's Claire de Lune.

my dad doing O Holy Night

the Wilberg arrangement of Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing

the music when Darth Vader dies.

The Pickett's Charge music from Gettysburg.

The Faure Libera me Domine. Not the baritone solo, but after the dies irae when the strings quiet to almost a whisper, then the entire choir comes in in unison. It's haunting; it sounds like the souls of the lost and condemned, crying out to the Lord for redemption.

My best friend laughing.

Moderators: Darth_Nub
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.