main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is the most influental starfighter in the New Republic?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by rhysklaus, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhysklaus

rhysklaus Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Just share your ideas with everyone. I believe the E-Wing was the most versitile starfighter since the introduction of the X-Wing. It gave the New Republic a major advantage over their enemies and gave their pilots a huge boost in morale.

2. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Y-wing.

It was the first, without it they would have lost long before Yavin.

3. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    X-Wing, because it became the first starfighter that truly threatened the TIE fighters even in their superior numbers, and was in use over 30 years after its introduction.

4. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah, I gotta go with the X-wing. Its as close as you can get to being the perfect fighter.

5. RogueMara

RogueMara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2005
    Make that another vote for the X-wing *commercial voice* Official Starfighter of Rogue Squadron

Fine Print: this message brought to you by Wes Janson, leader of the Kettch for President campaign

6. Corran-Horn

Corran-Horn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2004
    Either the X-Wing or the A-Wing, which the Rebellion was able to utilize for the many hit-and-fade operations they had against the Empire. Plus, the A-Wing allowed the Rebellion to claim air superiority.

~Corran

7. Saberwielder315

Saberwielder315 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I really do have to go with the X-Wing. It destroyed the first Death Star(with a little help from the Force) and it also helped with the Destruction of the Second Death Star with Wedge piloting who is a non Force user so ya, X-Wing

8. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    The X-wing or Y-wing. Without the Y-wing they would've lost quickly, but without the X-wing they would've lost at Yavin.

9. LordJoda-181

LordJoda-181 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2004
    Well each fighter has it's own advantage but I think the x-wing takes the cake. Though it's a close call for the top three

Y-wing: It was the first and was able to hold off defeat till better ships could come about.

X-wing: It's been an essential part in almost every battle. Yavin, Hoth, Endor, Borleais, Taking of Coruscant, defense of Folor Base, Bilbringri, Ithor, Sernpidal, Coruscant, ETC... It just has a great and long record

A-wing: it took only three of these ships to change galactic history. without them the Executor would not have been destroyed, and the rebels probably wouldn't have won at Yavin

10. General_BlackLegion

General_BlackLegion Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2004
    I will go with the X-Wing, it is still the most powerful fighter for over 30 years.

11. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    well...the X-Wing's versatility and the TIE Interceptor's speed and manueverability where almost a wash, if it were not for the shields on the X-Wing fighters.

12. JediAzaz

JediAzaz Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2005
    x-wing most influential but the Tie Defender is the most powerful- fastest, 4 lasers, 2 ions, decent warhead load, and shields-wow.

13. LordJoda-181

Mar 8, 2004
    But the TIE defender is a New Repbulic fighter

14. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    The K-wing...cuz it sounds cool

15. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    K-wing. The fastest, best hyperdrive eqiped, and best lasered starfighter. Oh, and it's heay weaponry is okay too. :p

16. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Nov 12, 2004
    Yes, the K wing...
    [image=http://www.starwars.jp/machine/image/k_wing.jpg]

It looks cool too...

17. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    No one going to say B-wing?

18. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Nov 12, 2004
    B-wings are for more ranged assult, where as the K-wings were designed for massive damage...
    "We're the heavy hitters, when you need a command bridge leveled or a convoy of tanks wiped out, the K-wings get the call." - Pilot Miranda Doni

19. LordJoda-181

Mar 8, 2004
    K-wings were impressive but not that influencial, manly because the other SW Authors ignored it, and I didn't think it had a hyperdrive.

20. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    I'd have to agree that, for good or ill, the X-Wing was probably the NR's most influential fighter. The Y-Wing was a good workhorse, but they didn't gain any sort of space superiority until Incom's little gem showed up. Although, I think EU writers are going overboard with the X-Wing now. I've seen some mockups of the XJ-Wing. It's cool, but I think a new frontliner needs to come about. The E-Wing would be a good successor. It has far better speed, comparable armour and shields, and a better weapons compliment (at least with proton torpedos). The whole problem with synthetic Tibanna gas should have been resolved years ago. I'd personally like to see a new book series akin to Rogue Squadron that features the E-Wing.

Still, I'm a big Empire fan. My favourite fighter amongst them will always be the TIE Interceptor.

Overall, however, my favourite EU fighter is the Chiss Clawcraft. :cool:

Go n-ithe an cat thú is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat.

21. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    A-wing: it took only three of these ships to change galactic history. without them the Executor would not have been destroyed, and the rebels probably wouldn't have won at Yavin

I'm going to assume you meant Endor, Joda. A-Wings didn't exist until after Yavin.

Most influential NR starfighter? X-Wing.

Best NR Starfighter? XJ series X-Wing.

But they don't hold a candle to the TIE Defender. Play it in X-Wing Alliance. You'll see what I mean.

22. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    X-Wings are the most versatile of the New Republic's starfighters, and will always be.
    A-Wings are the New Republic equivelent of the TIE Interceptor.
    Y-Wings are slow moving support fighters.
    K-Wings are atmospheric gunships.
    V-Wings are atmospheric fighters, the New Republic equivelent of the Imperial A-9 Vigilance.
    B-Wings are flying weapons platforms.
    E-Wings are on par with the X-Wing in terms of versatility and all-around effectiveness.

23. Rogue9-Horn

Rogue9-Horn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    X-Wing I think affected the New Rupblic the most, from the Battle of Yavin even through their victory and beyond.

~Rogue~

24. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    K-Wings are atmospheric gunships.

They can be used in space. But their primary mission is atmospheric bombing. They lack hyperdrive and lasers though.

25. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    Did you ever wonder why they name the starfighters after letters when they use a different alphabet than us?

And to put in my two cents, the X-Wing. They have an entire series of books named for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.