main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC What is the most powerful scene in Star Wars?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Lodreh, Aug 28, 2006.

?

What is the most powerful scene in Star Wars?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. E1: Darth Maul vs. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan

9.1%
  2. E2: Jedi Arena Battle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. E3: Obi-Wan vs. Anakin

27.3%
  4. E4: Obi-Wan vs. Vader

9.1%
  5. E5: Luke vs. Vader

36.4%
  6. E6: Luke vs. Vader w/ Emperor

18.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    So which scene really got your blood pumping the first time you saw it? Please post why if you choose to partake.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

2. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    Luke has faced his fears and has learned from his Father's mistake. He is a ideal weapon of select Jedi teachings. He understands the Force as it was taught to him and with that power has embraced a higher understanding instead of gaining greater and quicker power. I can definately see shades of Qui-Gon's influence in the way Luke was trained.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

3. Kazuma_Kuahara

Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    I more feel the fight against Maul because he was forced to watch the death of his mentor and best friend and that moment of anger showed how the jedi battle with the darkside in themselves at some level.

4. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Obi-Wan vs. Anakin got my vote. Simply an emotion-filled battle between two men who were as close as brothers.

5. Mordtat

Mordtat Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    Come on guys... we all know the scene "Luke I am your Father." was the most powerful scene in the entire trilogy. The passion shown by Luke can not be rivaled by any other scene in Star Wars, thus far. "Join me...."

6. Kazuma_Kuahara

Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    ...or wear PANTS~!~!~!

7. ForceTheologian

ForceTheologian Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2004
    I'm gonna have to go with the scene that would have been Luke's death. When I first saw it as a kid, I was just as confused as Luke. What did he mean that he was his father? The Bad guy is the Good guy's Daddy? Like Luke said, "No, no. That's not true. That's impossible." But I loved that moment ever since, but now I look at that scene differently and would still vote for it.

I say that it was the scene that would be Luke's death because I don't believe he knew that he would have fell straight into that tube. For Luke to have that much of an understanding of the Force at that point, plus just finding out that his most dangerous enemy is his father, I don't think so. I've just watched this scene a few times to make sure, now that I have a plausable theory in my head. So, my theory is this... When Luke looks down, he sees his only way out. He knows that if the Emperor got his hands on him, he would turn, and therefore bad for the galaxy, but if he falls to his death, the galaxy would be safe. About the part when Luke falls into the tube seemingly so perfectly, I do believe was a working through the Force. Not by Luke, not by Vader to protect his son, but Qui-Gon, perhaps? Qui-Gon, as a Force Spirit, should have been in the end of Return of the Jedi. Here's the tricky part of the theory, since Qui-Gon wasn't introduced until the release of Episode I, which included his death, but was returned as a Force Spirit in Episode III, he would still be there while the Original Triolgy. Maybe, just maybe, Qui-Gon saved Luke in this scene.

So, I'm about sure that Qui-Gon influenced the events in the OT. A force push here, a whisper in the Force there. Think about it, and discuss.

FT

8. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    I seem to recall Obi-Wan coming to Luke at some point in EU stating that it becomes harder to "crossover" each time and this would be his last time before he completely joins the chaos of the Force and loses his identity. Given that, I think Qui-Gon joined with the Force before A New Hope. Obi-Wan communed with him while he was on Tatooine but after he left there was nothing more Qui-Gon could offer him. Qui-Gon taught him how he could do the same for Luke, for a while at least... so maybe it was Obi-Wan that saved Luke in the fall ;)

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

9. ForceTheologian

ForceTheologian Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2004
    Which book or comic book was this in? I would love to read it. But maybe it was Obi-Wan.

FT

10. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    Hummm, it was a while back but I'm pretty sure Riff would know which book it was in... gah, it's been like two years since we discussed it and a lot has happened since then.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

11. freako104

freako104 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2005

[face_laugh]

I said Luke v Vader in ROTJ because Luke had to conquer his fear, and Vader realised that Sidious was the traitor and the reason he lost everything and finally did what he was destined to do. And Luke finally became a Jedi just as he said he would and was destined to. Plus they were not just like brothers or like father and son but were father and son

12. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    I may be wrong, but I believe it was at the beginning of "Truce at Bakura(sp?)" when Obi-Wan spoke to Luke for the last time.

13. bigdaddyfuller

bigdaddyfuller Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    ok, to me the most powerful scene, is when palatine(sp), is talking about the sith legend about beating death.
    it i so powerful because it is so low key.
    that is the true nature of true evil is doesn't hit all at once , but slow lil steps until you are trapped by it.

14. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    BigDaddyFuller, I agree that is a great scene... to quote Lex Luther in Smallville "...darkness is a journey, not a light switch..."

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

15. Shindo_Windu

Shindo_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2004
    I cast my vote for Anakin vs Obi-Wan.
    There was such a build up to that...Lucas did a darn good job of getting that ultimate dramatic feel to that entire fight scene.
    Incredible stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.