main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is the most stupid complaint you have heard about AOTC?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by rpeugh, May 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaiAtlas

DaiAtlas Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2002
    My local paper criticized the fact that "Yoda has taken to speaking in inverse grammar".

Idiots.

2. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Those that complain that he's not Darth Vader yet obviously don't get it. Yes that includes the fans that complain about this. This story is not just to fulfill your desire to see a blood filled killing spree set in the Star Wars universe this series is about how and why Anakin fell to the darkside and how the Republic became the Empire.

3. JBFett

JBFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    what he said

4. yoda900

yoda900 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I read one on Boxofficemojo.com's new disussion page.

I forget under which it was, but throught there was a couple.

One was AOTC did not have a plot. (how weird, I saw a heck of a plot here)

One said Yoda spinning was a ping pong ball. huh? he looked like Yoda to me.
    One said the plot was not there becuase they had a scene here, then went somewhere else, then to another place and so on.

what is this guy thinking? what does he want , a movie where there is no change of scenery and the camera is constantly following the action as if it was someone's summer vactaion footage on a home video?
    sheesh

5. citizen-tom

citizen-tom Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    ditto to Atlas! my school paper said that Yoda was a "Dislexic green man of small proportion..."

6. SWfan2002

SWfan2002 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    Before AOTC came out another student at my college said that he liked TPM, but that "The prequels kind of suck because GL is getting away from the original idea of SW."

7. Jedi_Chai

Jedi_Chai Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    Overheard this after last night's screening:

"I was disappointed because it was like a two hour commercial for the next movie."

Wilhelm!!!! (Aargh!!!!) I guess that means that Fellowship of the Ring was a two hour+ commercial for Two Towers. And The Empire Strikes Back was a two hour commercial for Return of the Jedi.

AotC Count: 15 (Digital: 11)

8. XTRO

XTRO Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    Someone on this site called the Coruscant chase "Podrace 2". So was the Podrace really "Speederbike chase 2"? And was the Speederbike chase really "Millennium Falcon astroidbelt chase 2"? AAAAHHHHH!!!!!

9. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    "Too much CGI."

10. Darth Vicious

Darth Vicious Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 1999
    >>>At the end of Attack of the Clones we see 3PO's head is switched with that of a Battle Droid's and yet both bodies continue to work. Are we to believe that 3PO has some sort of magic converter that allows his body parts to work with any other droid? Boy, I hope the writer responsible for that blunder got fired! <<<

This complaint always makes me laugh. Any engineer would understand how such a thing is possible -- common interfaces and reusable code. There's no sense in creating many droid functions from scratch when there is already available and debugged code. It is very realistic for two droids with similar body types to be able to switch their heads and still work.

11. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    I hate anyone who says 'it isn't like the OT' or 'it doesn't have the same characters and places as the OT'

I have an idea! GL should release the Special Editions again, add Jar Jar Binks and Jango Fett in one scene, call it 'Episode 2' and be done with it. It'll have Han in that way, too.

And I also hate ppl who say AOTC is 'for the fans only'. OK, some of it is (Palpatine foreboding and so on), but 'cmon, even my mum knew what the Clones were gonna turn into!

12. Amidala14

Amidala14 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Kwenn, if you're talking about what I said, I didn't mean it was only for the fans, I just said that only true Star Wars would actually enjoy it and see AOTC for what it really is: a good movie.

13. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    No, I wasn't referring to yours, but I have heard it said.

14. dahveed72

dahveed72 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 11, 2002
    stupidest complaint?

"The story was too complex"

15. dahveed72

dahveed72 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 11, 2002
    quote:

even my mum knew what the Clones were gonna turn into!

a braindead chimp couldve figured it out.

absolutely no offense to your mum, btw.

16. RamRed

RamRed Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Earlier on this topic, someone stated that the dialogue between Han and Leia in ESB was awesome. Huh. Okay, I enjoyed the love bickering between those two very much, but I did not find the dialogue between them awesome. It was between okay and downright corny. But I still enjoyed the romance. And I enjoyed the romance between Anakin and Padme, even though I found it different.

17. DimensionX

DimensionX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    I was wating in line for Teh River Rafting Ride in California Adventure park, and someone said that Yoda was racist.

18. deltau922

deltau922 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 1999
    That there's no way Jango cold spin like that during that 1.5-second shot where he's flying up behind the pillar, because his hands weren't on the jetpack controls.

Oh, and Yoda looks too real.

19. Amidala14

Amidala14 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Okey Dokey Kwenn

20. cc2318

cc2318 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    AOTC is no better than TPM. SW prequel trilogies continue to be racist and have many stereotypes included in their most recent movies, TPM, and AOTC.

...although I disagree with the above statements, I find all the 'coincidences' to be very clever and humorous!

Example: Jar jar's head flaps are actually dreds, like a black person would have.

#2: Nute Gunray= Newt Gingrich; Lott= Trent Lott

#3: Watto= Rich crooked jewish businessman stereotype.

#4: you've heard em all.

21. Yoda_Windu

Yoda_Windu Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 2002
    one of my friends said that

"it was way to boring"

other than that, all my other friends have liked it alot

22. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Every film uses stereotypes in one way or another. Hell LotR was criticized for the Orcs being similar to blacks whereas they had dark skin.

23. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    I've heard boring. Huh? What were these people doing, picking their ears and noses through the movie? PLEASE!
    I also heard it called a "yawn fest".Like hell.
    The racist thing is just ****ing insane!Yoda is racist? What new stuff is out there for people to smoke that they think this? These people need new lives NOW.
    The one complaint that totally pisses me off comes from my local tv movie critic. She called Hayden's acting "wooden". WHAT THE ****?!!! Hayden was incredible. Fabulous. The anger, the dark side, he IS Vader. He was NOT wooden. That's such an insulting thing to say. I get mad whenever I see or hear her name. Ugh! (she said the same thing for TPM too. Can we get some originality here, please?)The critics can go suck eggs.
    Whew. That felt good. I think we all need to get this off our chests. :D

24. Darth_Horny

Darth_Horny Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2002
    yeah, what about for that one cartoon horse movie, LOL, the commercial says it has twice as much action as star wars episode II: attack of the clones...has anyone seen it, can this be true? lol

25. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Can't be true, Darth_Horny. Can't be.I haven't seen it, but we can be sure it ain't true. Thanks for reminding me of that too. That also majorly annoys me.
    Let's see...big horse running around or Yoda fight? Hmmm...NO CONTEST.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.