main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is the most stupid complaint you have heard about AOTC?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by rpeugh, May 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razorback

Razorback Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 2, 2001
    The EU and movies are like completely different universes with similar characters. If one is incapable of accepting that a dose of Paxil might help. ;)

RB

2. JediDa-cam18

JediDa-cam18 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2001
    Hmmm stupid complaints

Racism complaint is pretty stupid, I was appalled when it was mention shortly after TPM now I think it's just silly and moronic, trying to start a fire like they did for TPM.

To much CGI, I never get this complaint really, I mean GL has said with CGI he can actually make the PT without he cant create the images needed, so to much CGI is kinda a stupid complaint IMO plus the CGI looks real good.

The whole "why didnt Padme get hurt falling out of the ship" complaint is rather trivial IMO. Very brief scene that people are putting to much thought into.

Hayden cant act, well everyone has a right to an opinion but they must haven been watching a different confession scene because he looked like he could act to me.

Jar-Jar was more annoying this time, he was almost non-exsistent how could he be more annoying than TPM.

3. Darth-Murder

Darth-Murder Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2001
    Who are you to decide what's a stupid complaint or not? For someone else, the complaint can be legitimate.

4. JediDa-cam18

JediDa-cam18 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2001
    Who are you to decide what's a stupid complaint or not? For someone else, the complaint can be legitimate.

That's nice, but for me their stupid. The thread asks what's the most stupid complaint you've heard and im just saying those are stupid complaints "IMO".

5. Darth-Murder

Darth-Murder Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2001
    Mmm...got your point. I think the most stupid complaint is to complain by asking what's the most stupid complaint. Stupid. :p

6. Jedi_Mage

Jedi_Mage Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    I just hate it when the whole movie crowd laughs when yoda draws his lightsaber...

I don't know why that bothers me...

7. plocool

plocool Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2001
    Bad Dialogue; some critics expect freakin Citizen Kane or shakespeare...

The dialogue is fine and suitable for the type of film it is.

8. SithIsTheRightSide

SithIsTheRightSide Jedi Master star 1

Aug 28, 2001
    "No Han Solo style character"

100% true! If they like Han so much , why not just watching OT again & again and ignore PT totally?

I just hate it when the whole movie crowd laughs when yoda draws his lightsaber...

I don't laugh also. I only admire Yoda to have such skill. The whole duel is not intended to be funny.

EDIT: Racism. I think those guys at Detroit News have gone too far......in their amazingly small brains.

9. rockwilder57

rockwilder57 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2000
    The accusations of Racism really gets me hot!

10. Lady_Kat

Lady_Kat Jedi Master star 2

Feb 13, 2002
    The racism thing is just stupid.

:)

11. Jedi_Mage

Jedi_Mage Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    Isn't Ewan British and Natalie from Israel? HMMM!??? I don't see the Detroit News saying anything about that?!!

I don't hear anything about them saying about sterio-typing "Unfaithful" with that Italian SEXY man?? Hmmm... Are all Italian men sexy, leading women to cheat on there AMERICAN husbands?? HMMM???
    Hahahaa... I'm just trying to think how the Press does...

12. JarJarIsBoba

JarJarIsBoba Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    Actually Ewan is Irish...

13. Lady_Kat

Lady_Kat Jedi Master star 2

Feb 13, 2002
    I think that Ewan McGregor is from Scotland.

:)

14. os2Kenobi

os2Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 1999
    That movie was the "Tron" of the new century!

except tron had jeff bridges in it. it was 10x better than final fantasy.

ewan is from scotland

15. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Do you remember our dear forum member who stated that his main problem with AOTC is that it gives everything the fans wanted...

Tragedy!!! :D

What about CNN claims? When they tried to convince GL that the whole story comes from some bad experience from his childhood with his father...

16. R2DWHO

R2DWHO Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2002
    the most stupid thing i've heard is that it's the best SW outing since ESB.

sorry all, but i think it sucked.

17. Master Chbel

Master Chbel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2000
    For me the stupidest complaint was the critic who complained the political story got in the way of the star wars stuff.

Oh well.

18. Tar-Jinn

Tar-Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2001
    "The CGI are worse than in LotR."

I invite discussion here. The last results are that it isn't, but I'm interested in more opinions. And if someone can answer my questions there, I'd be grateful.

"The plot is weak. And at the end, as usually, the good guys win."

No comment here.

"The way the Jedi are portrayed in it, they are not Arthurian knights, they are idiots."

If anyone comes upon this argument, please remember to - gently - remind the speaker:
    Only Galahad found the Grail... And Camelot did fall in the end.

"Obi-Wan is trying to take Anakin's mind off Padme by lying that all politicians are bad and are not to be trusted. I never saw Obi-Wan, or Yoda, lying in the OT."

This one cracked me up. Of course politicians, in general, are to be trusted... And of course Obi-Wan never lied in the OT.

"How come Amidala is an elected Queen?"

Many European states had elected monarchs. Off the top of my head, the Union of the Republic (yes, it was called a Republic, although it was technically a monarchy) of Poland and the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, for some two or three centuries; and some German duchies. (In the first case, the monarch was for life, though... although it happened at least once that the king was voted off from the "office".)

"Anakin's brother is older than Anakin. How?"

And, the absolute winner, I think:

"Why is Senator Padme Amidala one person? In Episode I, there was Queen Amidala AND her handmaiden Padme."

19. GrandMoffTarkin

GrandMoffTarkin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 22, 2001
    [face_laugh] Those last two crack me up! [face_laugh]

As for the Good guys win bit, did they not see the last scene with Yoda?

20. altx0022

altx0022 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Without a doubt, the love story, and how corny and/or how unnecessary it was. Anyone who thinks it was unnecessary doesn't understand Star Wars too well, and considering the love storyline only had about 15-20 minutes of film time, could people please move on already? I thought it was nicely done anyway.

21. altx0022

May 24, 2002
    The question is asking each person to decide what they think is a stupid complaint, so each person IS deciding what the y think is valid, and which is stupid. Move on already or find a different string to waste everyone's time.

22. altx0022

May 24, 2002
  23. Nutjob-GTO

Nutjob-GTO Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    I Dunno... I laughed when Yoda pulled his light saber, and I laughed through the whole fight.

But not because it was funny.

I laugh as an emotional release. I've heard people crying during the fight because they loved that scene so much; As a counterpoint, I laughed during the September incident, but I sure as hell didn't find THAT funny.

I just laugh because that's how I deal with intense emotions and situations.

24. DocHorror

DocHorror Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2002
    I think my own personal complaint is that there wasn't enough of Christopher Lee is establish him as a legit bad guy...he showed up at the end...fair enough he was good as Dooku, but I preferred it in the OT when you saw what the bad guys where up to all throught the film (eg: ESB) one of the reasons Tarkin rocked was because you saw him right from the start and gradually got aware of just how evil he was....

25. SarLabooda

SarLabooda Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2002

The one that pissed me off the most:

"AOTC doesn't have that Han Solo character with the dry humour of the OT"

First of all, I found Obi-wan's humour to be just as entertaining as Han's, and he has some classic one liners throughout the film. that's critcs for ya

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.