main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is the most stupid complaint you have heard about AOTC?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by rpeugh, May 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StormChewieJedi

StormChewieJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 27, 2002
    That Padme doesn't look as old as she should be...Anakin looks too much like Obi-Wan did in Episode 1...and that Obi-Wan should be called "Ben"

2. trek_rules

trek_rules Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2001
    I am sooo sick and tired of people telling me that the first hour and a half was a bore.
    I am also tired of hearing about Hayden's acting and his lack of chemistry with Natalie.
    The comment that relly sets me off is people asking "If Yoda moves so well why does he need a stick?" Is it wrong to ignore these morons?

3. Qui Gon Binks

Qui Gon Binks Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 1999
    And not only was the first hour and a half a bore, we couldn't understand it!

Give me a break. What was there to understand?

The critics are such a mass of contradictions about the prequels today. They cry about them having no story or plot, and then turn right around and say the only good thing in the movie is the battle of the last 45 minutes. What were you doing the rest of the movie? Weren't you paying any attention?

4. anakin_skywalker_sct

anakin_skywalker_sct Jedi Master star 5

Apr 18, 2001
    "Weren't you paying any attention?"

No. Obviously they weren't. Of course they'll excuse this behaviour too by blaming the film and saying they were too bored...

5. Armaria

Armaria Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2002
    Ummmm . . probably "it wasen't enough like the old ones, they shouldn't have put so many special effects into it-just stayed with good old fashioned acting."
    OH MY GOSH!!!! I get soooo tired of hearing that one! What, do they expect GL to have a time-machine so he can go back in time where there was no special effects!? What they forget of course is that when the OT came out the special effects in it WERE impressive . . .duh. Secoundly, who says AOTC doesn't have good acting?

6. Jedi-Joey

Jedi-Joey Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2002
    The most stupid coment is the racism fact, due to the fact that Jango and Boba are actually not Cuban or Mexican or what ever they say. Also, the fact that the movie didnt live up to expectations. The only Star Wars film that was a let down, and make that a big let down was TPM. Don't get me wrong a love Star Wars but there is no way that AOTC was a let down, i just saw it again today and it was as good as ever.

7. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    The worst one I heard was that during the assassination scene where Padme's ship blows up there should've been more security guards protecting her.

8. SWfan2002

SWfan2002 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    My sister saw it and she told me that "all the scenes with Anakin were stupid."

Then she went on to say that "it had bad acting because of what they said." She thinks she is an expert b/c she took a theater class in high school.

Needless to say I don't get along with her much.

On the bright side her boyfriend, who saw it with her, loved the Yoda fight and always talks about it. He also let it be known that my sister fell asleep for about a half hour during the film.

9. JediTre11

JediTre11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    I have a friend that said it has to much sodium. I still don't get it. Did he not like Kamino?

10. 800-pound-ewok

800-pound-ewok Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2002
    "yoda was totally out of character!"

imho, that is the most stupid by far.

how in the hell are you gonna teach a bunch of younglings to use a lightsabre and not use one yourself!?

11. tDR

tDR Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    one of my friends said to me...."thats Luke and the Princess isnt it?

reffering to Anakin & Padme!

AGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! shows how much ppl pay attention, how could they like the movie if they dont even know who the characters are???

i dont even think he even knew who vader really was, even though he "watched" the original many times

12. Marie_Kenobi

Marie_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2002
    I want to know why we even have movie critics at all! (Especially that Ebert dude. Grrr....) Everyone has their own opinions, so of course not everyone is going to agree with them. But why do THEY get paid for critizing a movie when anyone can do it???

*Takes her lightsaber and does an Obi to Maul move against Ebert* Tootles loser!

13. SY-SNOOTLES

SY-SNOOTLES Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2002
    The dumbest thing I heard was when a friend of mine said he can't stand it when Obi Wan says "I hate it when he does that." He hates it so much bc Obi Wan is a jedi and thinks that he should have been able to force lift him back into the speeder. That is so STUPID! I won't even go into an explanation of why it is....it just is!

BYE!

14. StormChewieJedi

May 27, 2002
    Just the other day, my friend and I were watching ANH, and he said to me "Is that old guy the same one as in EP2?" Naturally, he was referring to Tarkin being the same person as Count Dooku, and naturally, I smacked him across the back of his head twice.

15. StormChewieJedi

May 27, 2002
    Also, I heard from some idiot in the theater, "They totally screwed the chase scene up! Obi-Wan caught Anakin's lightsaber and put it on the seat, but it didn't fall out of the speeder!" Yeah, that one pissed me off quite a bit.

16. Joanna

Joanna Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2002
    The most stupid complaint I've ever heard about AOTC was made by my sister.
    She said she really didn't enjoy the film because it was TOO LOUD!!!!!!

17. uncw

uncw Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2001
    hayden's acting. i thought he did a great job.

the worst though is a guy i work with was pissed because and i quote "3po could never get up like that in the OT."

WTF? are you kidding me?

18. Darth_Overlord

Darth_Overlord Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    The stupidest complaint I've heard is that the Arena Battle "was Gladiator for cochroaches." :mad:

19. Nephrite

Nephrite Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2002
    a critic said that Lightsabers were penis symbols.
    I mean like everything has some secret meaning.
    The guy's an idiot anyway.

20. Neffer

Neffer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2001
    The gladiator comparison really ticks me off too. Like gladiator was the first movie ever to have an execution/battle scene in an arena.

21. SW3TheHolidaySpecial

SW3TheHolidaySpecial Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2001
    Goz I hear a lot of people saying stuff like that and I agree,I've heard people say this about the podrace from TPM and the droid factory.

Yes,we know they live BUT what are supposed to do?Watch them do nothing but talk the entire time?

I knew Anakin would win the Podrace and the droid factory.I knew Kenobi would survive Darth Maul.I knew Padme would live to have babies.So since I know all this,I shouldnt be able to enjoy action scenes becuase I know the characters won't die?

Dumbest complaint EVER.

22. MasterPulp

MasterPulp Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 17, 2002
    I think I can safely say I've heard the worst complaint from a cow-irker;

"I got too easily confused between the terms Padme and Padawan"

That is all.

23. Marie_Kenobi

Marie_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2002
    "I got too easily confused between the terms Padme and Padawan"

PadME-----PadAWAN

Strange, I'm only 15 and I don't have the slightest bit of trouble distinguishing between those two!

Maybe we should put these people out of their misery!

24. Amidala14

Amidala14 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    This really stupid reviewer named Bill Muller for the Rep said that AOTC's love story fell flat. Which is really stupid because it didn't.He rated Undercover Brother higher than AOTC. Can you believe that?

I also heard that people thought it was really boring and that was only about fifteen minutes of action. Well, so what? AOTC is definitely NOT boring.

25. Amidala14

Amidala14 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Ebert said that the love story was boring because all they did was look at each other. That is so not true. The eye contact was very important and they did kiss and talk about love and stuff.

Roeper was nicer about AOTC because he said he enjoyed it and that Star Wars fans would really enjoy it. So that was okay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.