main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is the most Under-rated theme in the PT so far?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Mr_Sarcasm, Apr 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_Sarcasm

Mr_Sarcasm Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2003
    Personally, and without a doubt, I would have to say "Anakin's Theme" from TPM.

Not only is this one of the most gorgeous themes i've heard in a Star Wars film to date, but it is also one of the most gorgeous themes i've heard from any film. To me, it not only conjurs up images of the huge anticipation, excitement, and extreme satisfaction I had the summer TPM came out, but it also perfectly captures the innocence and naivety of a happy and Young Anakin Skywalker - before fate delivers him all the inevitable ills that eventually descend upon him.

Hearing it again at the end of the Episode II soundtrack, in it's mournful reprise, was a definite highlight for me and brought absolute chills to my back [too bad it doesn't show up in the actual print of the film]. I definitly hope to hear it again in Ep. III, as I think it's definitely one of the best/underrated themes to come out of the PT so far.

So enough of my rant...what's your under-rated theme from the PT?

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Not sure that I would consider Anakin's theme to be underrated, but I definately would have liked to have heard it a little than the few times it was used in AOTC... I think the Trade Federation March and Qui-Gon's theme are pretty underrated...

3. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    i think the arena was underrated in AOTC, loved it!!

4. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    The Arena is not really a theme. I assume you are talking about the part after the love theme... It's more just non thematic score material. It is, however, exceptional. I listened to it twice just today!

5. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I agree that Qui-Gon´s theme, the TF march and Anakin´s theme are all underrated. Why weren´t the first two(or one of them) in the end credits of TPM?

6. slavegirl

slavegirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    The Trade Federation March and Qui-Gon's theme, and I also think Shmi's theme is rather nice. Perhaps the first two were'nt used in the end credits because they were quite short pieces of music (I'd love to hear longer versions of them).

7. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    The TF march could easily have been used in the end credits. In fact, I created my own edit of the TPM end credits using the Activate the Droids version of the TF march. It worked rather well...

8. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    I'll throw a theme out there that is really good but never is mentioned too much.

Its the erie theme that is played numerous times in AOTC. It plays when Obi-Wan exits the Kamino facilities, puts his hood over his head and walks out as he says "I won't forget, and thank you". As he is walking in the thunderstorm, the theme just really sounds good and fitting for the darkness and mystery that looms. It is also played beautifully when Anakin and Padme first meet Cleigg Lars and he starts to tell Anakin about what happened to his mother.

Anyone know which tune I am talking about? I think it rules. Its fairly simple, but it REALLY WORKS. Wonderful piece of erie music. :D

Anyone know what the piece of music is called or refered to?

9. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I dunno if that theme has a name. It is really good though. I am not sure if it is a full fledged theme, possibly more of a motif... But yes I love it.

10. Django211

Django211 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 6, 1999
    I really liked Anakin & Padme's theme. It sounds strikingly similar to Zeffirelli's Romeo & Juliet theme. It creates a mood that I think Lucas wanted for his characters but I think the music overpowers the weak performances. To hear the music alone however I think you can feel the emotions the PT, or all the films for that matter, try to convey.

11. Sophita

Sophita Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Heh...When I saw this thread, the first thing that came to mind was Anakin's theme from Episode I.

That's just a gorgeous piece of music. It perfectly captures Anakin's character at the time (and the use of the imperial march ominously hints toward's the future). Was surpised not to hear so much of it in AOTC; loved the bit that was actually on the soundtrack, though. ^_^

I'm also in love with the Love theme from Episode II, but I don't think it's underated, so I won't put it here.

12. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    I love Qui-Gon's theme so much, it's a real swashbuckler. Especially the action version for his first encounter with Maul.

The Trade Federation march is also very strong, I liked the big reprise of it in AOTC.

13. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    The most underrated is probably the AOTC Arena music until the battle with Dooku. It's just....amazing. It's got the tragic, yet heroic and desparate feeling in it.

14. DARTH_CHINA

DARTH_CHINA Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Most of the AOTC themes.

Especially the arena march, "kamino theme" and that "mystery/separatists theme".

15. Emperor's Prize

Emperor's Prize Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 1999
    #1. Please forgive my ignorance, but could someone direct me to Qui-Gon's theme (track and time number) on either TPM original soundtrack or UE? Thanks! :)

#2. I have to say that the TF theme is one of my favorites from the PT.

16. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    The two most noticeable examples of Qui-Gon's Theme are on the TPM:UE Disc 2. The slower version is right at the beginning of Anakin Is Free. A more uptempo cue occurs at 0:39 of the next track, Qui-Gon And Darth Maul Meet.

Two of my favorite TPM cues, if I may say so. :)

17. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    TPM UE CD2 Track 1, right at the beginning
    among others

EDIT: Bah, two minutes, Ken, two minutes!

18. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
  19. Emperor's Prize

Emperor's Prize Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 1999
    RE: Qui-Gon's Theme:

I have always loved the music from the "Encounter in the Desert" sequence. I never knew that it was a theme attributed to Qui-Gon. Thanks for the enlightenment! :D I must say, that IS an underrated theme as well.

20. Captain_Typhus

Captain_Typhus Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2003
    Qui-Gon´s Funeral (the choir) - it´s fantastic!!

21. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Here´s a theme that is so underrated that even I forgot it for a while:

Jar Jar´s theme!

I think this theme will be expanded upon in EpIII. I imagine a scene where Jar Jar bids farewell and we hear sweeping strings playing his theme. Would be beautiful! :_|

22. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Qui-Gon's Funeral Pretty sad theme

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.