main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is the name of this musical cue/track? *Official Thread*

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by General Kenobi , Jun 5, 2005.

1. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Just watched POTC 3 (awful film, but that's by the by :p )

Is the music available from near the end when the 2 pirate ships are side by side the Endeavour (I think it's called) and blowing it to pieces

2. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    It's been several months since I've seen the film, but there's a 10:45 long track on the OST called "I Don't Think Now Is The Best Time", which might include the cue for this scene.

3. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Quite possibly, cheers :)

4. anakinandpadmedoomed

anakinandpadmedoomed Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2007
    Can someone tell me what cue/track is playing in ROTS when darth vader is walking on the passway toward tarkin and the emperor
    at the end when they are looking out at the death star?

Thanks!:)

5. elemental_fantasy

elemental_fantasy Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2006
    ^^^ It is unreleased that I know of. Just one many from the 2nd and 3rd that are unreleased.

6. Quigonjecca

Quigonjecca Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    Hello!

I know that many songs featured on the trailers of movies are already existing songs. However, I'm at a loss at what this one could be! Does anyone know the name of the track playing in the Spiderwick Chronicles trailer? I just gape at the commercial everytime when the strings pick up when the little flower-sprites start jumping into the air. :p

Thank you!

7. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
  8. Quigonjecca

Quigonjecca Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    Thank you so much! I'm going to have to remember that website!

Now, If I can just figure out which track off of 'Lady in the Water' it was (and hopefully it was that one, not 'Evil Island (No Choir)') I'll be in good shape!

9. DarthBane77

DarthBane77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2003
    The one you hear during this video from youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Ub-fAqqjU

What is it called and is it available for purchase as part of a bigger compilation? Has it been officially released?

10. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    I heard the following in that video:

"Lapti Nek" - It's on the ROTJ OST, and also the fourth disc of the 1993 Star Wars Anthology.

"The Moisture Farm" - It's on the ANH Special Edition.

11. DarthBane77

Feb 26, 2003
    No, I'm talking about the one that's playing in the background at the beginning of the video. The Max Rebo band plays it. I don't think I have it on any of the soundtracks I own.

12. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    Aha, yeah, I was wondering about that one. I didn't recognize it offhand.

Must be a bootleg. :p

Actually, I think we might have a thread around here somewhere that mentions it. I probably won't have time to dig through the Index tonight. Feel free to browse Max Rebo, Lapti Nek or unreleased material threads. Hopefully I'll have some time tomorrow.

13. DarthBane77

Feb 26, 2003
    I did some searching today. I haven't found anything yet. Am I correct in assuming this cue has never been officially released? Let me know if you can find anything.

14. USTommie

USTommie Jedi Master star 2

Sep 12, 2002
    If you are referring to the music playing when Mark Hamill is talking about the small statues, it hasn't been released. I was a big enough sucker to have bought almost all versions of the movie soundtracks (save this last round), and it's never been on any of them.

15. evilottojr

evilottojr Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2007
    Ok, Ive got two for you.
    1. What is the name of the choir and percussion song playing during Anakin and Dooku's duel during ATOC? Thi this video, it starts at about 1:17 and continues until the end of the video.
    (Note: The key is off on the video.)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lIWm1GSHJ2o

2. Does anyone know the history or origin of this song?

GK edit: removed link.

(Sorry, the file is a WMA.) I have it listed as something called 'I Am The Senate' from the ROTS soundtrack. However, the soundtrack contains no such song, nor does it appear in the movie. The only evidence I can find that this song is even supposed to exist is a recording schedule of the ROTS soundtrack, after looking it up on Wookieepedia.
    Thanks!
    -Otto, TMQ Films

16. DarthBane77

Feb 26, 2003
    Aw, that's a shame. :(

GK edit: Sorry, can't ask for files like that on the forums.

17. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    1. I have a track labeled "Confrontation with Dooku". It's not on the OST; I believe it's an edit from a video game soundtrack. I'm not sure which one. If you dig through the threads here, you may find the title and game.

2. There were several fake "spoiler-tracks" floating around before ROTS. I think some were mislabeled from the Shadows Of The Empire soundtrack, and I believe there was one called "I Am The Senate" that was actually from the Nixon soundtrack.

18. FarmboyKatarn

FarmboyKatarn Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 26, 2001
    I was going through the KotOR soundtrack, and was wondering about the version of the Force theme in Arrival at Dantooine. Is it from one of the OT OSTs? Or is it a new version? I'd like to find a copy of it without SFX over the music. Thanks!

19. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    IIRC, that is an original cue from the game soundtrack.

20. FarmboyKatarn

FarmboyKatarn Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 26, 2001
    Darn, I was hoping it was tracked. It reminds me of the PT, or the Force theme in Rescue from Cloud City, except with what sounds like a faint chorus.

21. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    So, on the newest Clone Wars trailer, they play a SW tune that I've heard in several trailers and TV spots before, but I can't find it anywhere, and it's driving me batty. Can someone please help? :( It starts at 00:40.

22. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    Sorry, I missed this last week. That cue is from the track "The Tide Turns/The Death Of Darth Maul" on the TPM Ultimate Edition soundtrack. It was also tracked into ROTS for the scene where Anakin lands the Invisible Hand on Coruscant.

23. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    Aaaah, gotcha. Thanks!

24. steelneena

steelneena Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2007
    Does anyone know the name for the end liberation score of the island?
    Another would be... I think it's the light of the force.. when luke says his last goodbye to his father.. the prye scene?

Thanks

25. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    Yes, "Light Of The Force" contains the "Funeral Pyre For A Jedi" cue, plus an unused cue.