What is the name of this musical cue/track? *Official Thread*

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by General Kenobi, Jun 5, 2005.

Moderators: Darth_Nub
  1. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Yes, there's a thread around here somewhere about that unreleased ROTJ music.

Edit: Here's one on that topic. I think there is at least one more older than this one.
  2. JMN77 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Thanks GK.
  3. Zarm_Rkeeg Jedi Knight

star 3
    Okay, I can fairly will confirm that it's not from the Pirates credits... so, anyone have any ideas? It seems to be the musical holy grail right now- it has everyone stumped!
  4. sithrevenge519 Jedi Knight

I don't know if anyone's played the Battlefront 2 game yet, but whats Grievous's hero theme music that plays when you are controlling him?
  5. Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Does anyone know?
  6. Mirdala Jedi Padawan

The Arrival at Tatooine and the Flag Parade (The Phantom Menace.)
    Good stuff.
  7. Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Thanks. What about the hero music for the Emperor in that game?
  8. Zarm_Rkeeg Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hello? Hello? Is this thing on?

So, I'm working on locating "Dark Hero" by X-ray Dog to prove that the mystery track is not an extension of that, but based on the sound/style I'm hearing from other X-ray Dog clips, I'm guessing that the music while Zorro's praying/montage of costume being assembled is the extent of it; the post-hat throw music is completely different in tone.

Which leaves the question... what is it? C'mon guys, I'm lookin' to the experts, here! [face_praying];)
  9. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I don't know anything about Zorro, so this is a shot in the dark, but I know there's a track called "Here Comes The King" by the X-Ray Dogs that has been used before.
  10. Zarm_Rkeeg Jedi Knight

star 3
    Nope. I have "Here Comes The King" and it's the one used at the end of the Narnia trailers (not the title fanfare, but the choral part right beforehand,) but not the Zorro trailer. X-ray Dog and Immediate Music both have a very different sound, a choir/gothic type feel, while the Zorro music is very Pirates of the Caribbean/Mask of Zorro-ish- I would highly doubt that they're from the same composer.

If you want to hear the music, the trailer is here: http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/thelegendofzorro/

The "Dark Hero," I believe, is the part from the explosion/"Oh my Gawww..." (I know, but that's what it sounds like) to "You don't know what you're gettin yourself into."

Directly afterwards, when the hat is thrown and the train explodes, the mystery music kicks in and continues to the end of the trailer.
  11. JMN77 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Ther's a particular theme heard in ESB that I've always been curious about.
    It's just a 3 note phrase (the first and third note being the same) that is heard in:

Han Solo and The Princess (at the end of Vader's conversation w/ Palpatine)
    The Magic Tree (couple spots)
    The Duel (before Vader's theme comes in)
    *I think there is at least 1 more spot*

It seems to me that this is just a Dark Side kind of theme,
    but I was just wondering if JW had any official title for this motif or not.
  12. Marauder37 Jedi Padawan

I've noticed a short section of some ROTS music on the new website for the game Empire at War, during the intro. I looked into it and found it's the same music playing when Anakin is landing the severed Invisible Hand. But I can't find it on the soundtrack, let alone anywhere else. Ideas?
  13. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    That's because it's tracked from the TPM soundtrack from "The Tide Turns And The Death Of Darth Maul". It scores the scene where Anakin blows up the TF control ship and is flying out of the hangar ("Now THIS is pod racing!").
  14. JMN77 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    ???
  15. Tyrantus Jedi Knight

star 3
    I got a quick question...What is the name of the song that is played during the Temple March with Anakin leading the Clones and when we first see Kashyyyk?
  16. Captain_Tuttle Jedi Padawan

It's from "Love Pledge And The Arena" on the AOTC soundtrack.

And it's not a song. :p
  17. agap_afima Jedi Knight

star 2
    Does anyone know what the music from the end of the fanfilm "Versus" is? I'm talking abbout the part where Darius is getting his eye fried. If anyone could help that would be great.
  18. agap_afima Jedi Knight

star 2
    If someone gives me a good answer for this, I will shut up and leave everybody alone. It's driving me insane!
  19. Kingpin Jedi Knight

star 2
    what is the name of the tune played in the king kong trailer?
  20. sithmastersimon Jedi Knight

star 2
    sorry but this is from a video game and not a film -

are you able to tell me the name of the music from Republic Commando, it is choral, very dark and it is used a number of times in the game
  21. Zarm_Rkeeg Jedi Knight

star 3
    I don't know which track, but go to Lucasarts.com and you can download them all, under the Republic Commando page. These include: The Jungle Floor, The Egg Room, Com Interference, Improvised Entry, Gratua Cuun, Kachiro by Night Vision, Make Their Eyes Water, One Heart of Justice, Prologue, Rage of the Shadow Warriors, Rep Com Medley, RV Alpha, The Ghost Ship, They Must Be Asleep, Through the Canopy, and Vode An (Brothers All). As well as the lyrics (and Basic translation) for Brothers All in PDF format. http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swrepubliccommando/index.html, Under "Downloads," then "MP3s" in the menu.

Now, how about that Zorro music? [face_praying] I can almost %100 percent confirm that "Dark Hero" ends prior to this, as the ending theme just isn't anything LIKE X-ray Dog's style... but can anyone tell us what it is?
  22. outrider462004 Jedi Master

star 4
    In the trailer for ROTK, there is ia track that is played before the Gondor theme. I know it's LOTR, but what is the track called?
  23. JMN77 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Are the trailers on the EE versions?
    If so, I can check when I get home in a little while.
  24. outrider462004 Jedi Master

star 4
    No. Only on the theatrical release version
  25. JMN77 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Yeah, sorry then.
    I gave away my theatrical releases.
Moderators: Darth_Nub