main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is the name of this musical cue/track? *Official Thread*

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by General Kenobi , Jun 5, 2005.

1. outrider462004

outrider462004 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2004
    Does anyone know?

2. Zarm_Rkeeg

Zarm_Rkeeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2003
    Well, according to Audiblebeauty.com:

The Return of the King Trailer (released September 26, 2003)
    0:15-1:00 track14, "Breath of Life"
    1:02-1:30 track17, "Isengard Unleashed"
    1:39-2:56 Original trailer music by Howard Shore / Simone Benyacar / Craig Stuart Garfinkle - based on "Epicalypse", using Shore's Gondor theme (thanks to Soundtrack.net and CSG)

Now, not to be crossing the line from 'persistent' to 'annoying' (mostly because that line was probably crossed about three posts ago), as for that Legend of Zorro music...?

3. Zarm_Rkeeg

Jan 9, 2003
    Oops! Well, to late to edit that URL, but, to paraphrase the immortal Homestar Runner;

"Audiblebeauty.net- it's dot com!" :)

4. boran

boran Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2005
    What is the song at the very beginning of ROTS, after the opening scroll? The one that plays as Anikan OW's two ships fly into the space battle.

-Boran

5. Zarm_Rkeeg

Jan 9, 2003
    That would be the uncomplexly-titled "Star Wars and the Revenge of the Sith." ;)

6. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    That track on the soundtrack cd is "Star Wars And The Revenge Of The Sith", as mentioned above. The theme you hear as the two Jedi starfighters zoom into view (at 1:38 into the track) is the Force Theme. The cue as recorded by John Williams and the LSO is called "Boys Into Battle".

There's no song here, unless you brought it with you.

7. Zarm_Rkeeg

Jan 9, 2003
    Okay, since Zorro's not getting much attention, here's another one that's bugged me for quite some time. It's from a Star Wars fan film trailer, "Join the Empire," an extremely impressive CG work that can be found here: http://www.cee-gee.net/Movies/Movies.htm

I'm trying to identify the ending music, from the Torpedo Sphere construction yard to the ending montage, especially the Force Theme statement. The credits indicate "Music by JOHN WILLIAMS & BASIL POLEDOURIS." Presumeably, the music is by the latter... Is this originaly composed music? Does it exist somewhere else in one of his film works? Anyone know?

8. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    I know "Join the Empire", but won't rewatch it now. But I do know that some of the music in there is from Starship Troopers. Didn't even know Basil did that...

9. Zarm_Rkeeg

Jan 9, 2003
    Any idea what part? Is it on the soundtrack?

10. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    no idea, as I don't have it. maybe see if the short clips on amazon happen to have that cue?

11. Zarm_Rkeeg

Jan 9, 2003
    Nope. Sounded simillar in style to a few, but no such luck. Any ideas?

12. Anding

Anding Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2006
    What is the name of the cue that is played, when Anakin entered to the jeditemple and where can I find this. It's not on the ROFTS-Soundtrack.

13. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    It's actually tracked from the AOTC soundtrack. It's from the track "Love Pledge And The Arena".

14. JMN77

JMN77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

GK, I'm thinking that question and answer should just go at the top of the banner.
    You know you've thought of it... just go ahead and do it!:p

15. agap_afima

agap_afima Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 2005
    Does anyone know what the music from the Bourne Identity car chase is?
    Also, what's the music in King Kong during the bug attack?

16. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    The car chase music is 'ready, steady, go' by paul okenfold. It was used in the club scene in 'collateral' aswell.

And does anyone know the name of the track used for the last 3rd of the munich trailer?

It is a really great track but is neither in the film or on the soundtrack

17. agap_afima

agap_afima Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 2005
    Thanks!
    I have another: What's the music in "Batman Begins" when Wayne Manor is burning and Alfred is helping Bruce to the Batcave?

18. DarthFarid

DarthFarid Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2006
    Hello there

I have a question related to the Empire Strikes Back soundtrack. It has bothered me for quite some time now.

What is the musical cue/track to the scene where Han Solo rescues Luke in the beginning? I'm talking about the scene which starts with the screen going from white to showing some mountains and some fighters discover them.

The track sounds very aggresive and it's a much more ferocius version of the cue that is found in the scene where the Rebels rescue Luke at the end of the Bespin scene.

I'm interested in the first cue (where they discover Han and Luke). Is this anywhere to be found on the soundtrack? I know that the Bespin cue is found at some 5 minutes into the track (cannot remember the track number), but the Han/Luke one is more aggresive.

Thanks![face_peace]

19. The-Tennis-Ball-Kid

The-Tennis-Ball-Kid Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2004
    It's the same recording as Escape From Bespin, tracked into the earlier scene.

ttbk

20. MI7

MI7 Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2006
    Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew what the name of the track is that plays over the main menu of the "Revenge of the Sith" game on PS2? It's kind of a sad tune. If anyone knows, it would help me a lot :).

21. Lord_Daran_Imner

Lord_Daran_Imner Jedi Youngling

Nov 26, 2005
    In this Munich trailer, what is the name of the track that starts playing about 00:01:35?

http://www.munichmovie.com/munich_trlr1_300k.mov

22. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    What is the music used in the "World's Finest' trailer on TFN fanfilms? Anyone recognize it?

23. leia_29

leia_29 Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2005
    i feel so silly, here i posted this as a separate post, thinking i ALREADY looked in this thread and didn't get my answer....duh, the idea was to POST the question in this thread.

sorry, i'm new to forum posting, i'm more of a reader.

anyways, i was wondering what the fanfare that plays at the very end of the cue "Palpatine's Teachings," is. is it a theme? a motif?

thanks!

24. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    First heard in TPM, that fanfare is associated with Coruscant. I wouldn't call it a theme.

25. leia_29

leia_29 Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2005
    while it's still fresh in my mind, i have another one.

again, i'm not sure if this is a theme or what, but i DO know it plays about 2:27 and 2:56 into "Clash of the Lightsabers," and it also plays 52 seconds into "Leia's News/Light of the Force."