main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is the name of this musical cue/track? *Official Thread*

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by General Kenobi , Jun 5, 2005.

1. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    That's the Han&Leia love theme

also in Han Solo and the Princess (duh :p) and very prominent at 1:35 in Carbon Freeze

2. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    Yeah..track 9 on the first Empire CD.

3. Indiana_Fett

Indiana_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2004
    To those of you who have the DVD for Hook or The Nightmare Before Christmas:

The teaser trailer for Hook has some music that I have heard before, But I can't remember what it is...

Same for the deleted Experiments take in The Nightmare Before Christmas DVD.

4. JFuchs77

JFuchs77 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    What was heard in the end credits of Revenge of the Sith, A New Hope, and Return of the Jedi?

5. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    ROTS - Fanfare/Main Title/Luke's Theme, Princess Leia's Theme, Battle Of The Heroes, The Throne Room (only on cd, not in film)

ANH - Fanfare/Main Title/Luke's Theme, Princess Leia's Theme

ROTJ - Fanfare/Main Title/Luke's Theme, Parade Of The Ewoks, Luke And Leia

6. JFuchs77

Mar 5, 2006
    I never thought John Williams was ever going to put what we hear in the end credits of A New Hope and Return of the Jedi at all in any of the end credits of the prequels but apparently Revenge of the Sith proved me wrong.

7. Zarm_Rkeeg

Zarm_Rkeeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2003
    Yeah, that struck me as... odd.

8. JFuchs77

Mar 5, 2006
    In Revenge of the Sith, what music track was heard when Obi-Wan Kenobi confronted Padme and said "Palpatine is the Sith Lord we've been looking for. After the death of Count Dooku, Anakin became his new apprentice"?

9. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    I believe the actual cue as recorded was 6M1, titled "It Can't Be".

That can be heard on the second half of the track "Anakin's Dark Deeds", starting at 2:14.

10. JFuchs77

Mar 5, 2006
    That's Right. It was track 10 of the soundtrack to Revenge of the Sith.
    I think it would've been better to have Enter Darth Vader be track 10 and Anakin's Dark Deeds be track 11.

11. JFuchs77

Mar 5, 2006
    Which track is played in Revenge of the Sith when Order 66 is executed and many the Jedi are killed?

Hint: It's on the soundtrack to Revenge of the Sith.

12. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    JF, this isn't a "quiz" thread, it is a thread for people who really don't know the names of tracks or cues to ask for help.

13. Zarm_Rkeeg

Jan 9, 2003
    Although if you're interested in a Film Music Trivia Quiz, look just a little ways down the main page... :D

14. Millie

Millie Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2006
    What song is played in AOTC when Anakin and Padme get married? I pretty sure it was played somewhere else in the movie, but I can't remember when.

15. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    That's the Love Theme From Attack Of The Clones, better known as "Across The Stars". You can hear it on the track "Confrontation With Count Dooku And Finale" on the soundtrack.

p.s. It's not a song. Nobody is singing ;). In the film, it's called a cue.

16. agap_afima

agap_afima Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 2005
    How about the one in "Ocean's 12" where Nightfox is dancing through the lasers? That cue was amazing.

17. Darth_Vader-Anakin

Darth_Vader-Anakin Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 22, 2002
    Does anyone know the music that is in the new Da Vinci Code trailer that starts as soon as it says "From Director Ron Howard"?

The trailer can be found here: http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/da_vinci_code/trailer1/large.html

I tried looking on Soundtrack.net, but I'm not sure if they have this particular trailer posted yet.

18. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    i'm trying to find the name of that track/song from 2001: A Space Odyssey. it's played at the beginning and you hear it sometimes every now and then on tv shows or movies when something epic is happening. at first i thought it was one of The Planets Songs by Gustav Holst but i listened to them and couldn't hear it in there. anyone able to help?

19. Zarm_Rkeeg

Jan 9, 2003
    Also Sprach Zarathustra, by Richard Strauss, I believe.

20. star-wars-insider-50

star-wars-insider-50 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    could someone identlify the song from a recent orange tv advert, it didnt sound english and the advert had like some sort of art flowing on the walls, the advert also looked orange in color

if someone could identlify the song i would be very grateful

21. darth_da

darth_da Jedi Master star 1

May 27, 2005
    A few months ago i was searching for the Imperial Match on limewire and found some versions supposedly by Rage Against The Machine, Metallica and some other metal bands. I downloaded them all and they were all the same track, one of the downloads did say it was by Force Commander, but im guessing it could of meant from the game. It's sort of a rock/metal version of the Imperial March, does anyone know who it's actually by or have any guitar tab for it?

22. Zarm_Rkeeg

Jan 9, 2003
    Well, I know it is from the game Force Commander... but I can't find anything in the manual's credits to indicate who did it.

23. leia_29

leia_29 Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2005
    is it just me or is there an underlying "imperial march" theme (it sounds like really low tones of it) at the VERY end of "across the stars"?

24. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    Yes, there is a brief statement of it, if I recall correctly. There's a more powerful statement of it after the "Across the Stars" reprise in the end credits (it's only in the album, though; it doesn't appear in the film).

25. leia_29

leia_29 Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2005
    actually, i should have clarified that i WAS talking about the "ATS" from the "Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale," since i haven't even listened to the actual end of just "ATS."

but i guess i know now that it's in both. ALSO- now that i'm thinking about it, is there the "Han and the Princess theme" in the "ATS"? (whether it be in the actual cue or the "Confrontation With Count Dooku and Finale" ATS)

thanks.

i hope all that above made sense.... :/