main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is the one spoiler you wish you hadn't known?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by G-FETT, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snork

Snork Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2005
    I wish I went spoiler free, but when you choose the dark side...for ever will it dominate you?re destiny :p

2. TH421

TH421 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 22, 2004
    Hard to say. If I had not known that Palpatine had a lightsaber, his attack on the Jedi posse may have been a surprise.

I saw Order 66 coming a long way off (JANGO: "They will do their job well.") and being spoiler-free would not have made it more surprising.

The Force-choke, maybe. Hard to say.

3. Ob-wan-shawa

Ob-wan-shawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    the mace thing.

4. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001

I'm honestly surprised there are people who didn't see Order 66 coming. I always thought it was fairly obvious in AOTC that the Clones would eventually be used for that purpose.

5. DukeNukem

DukeNukem Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Yoda being force-lightning-cannonballed. Unfortunately i saw that footage on the C3 video. I would loved to have gone "oooh" like the rest of the cinema did :(

6. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Iggy, that is fascinating advice... "Let it go."

Some of your friends could make great use of that.

7. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Grievous's death.

8. Darth_Unchained

Darth_Unchained Jedi Youngling star 2

May 9, 2005
    I wish I hadn't read all the reviews from highly respected critics, that convinced me ROTS was really going to be a good film. They got me pumped up to see the movie, and after watching it, it turned out to be a pretty big letdown. Not a letdown like TPM or ATOC mind you, just not nearly what I expected based on the hype.

9. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    That the trailer for Fantatic Four was awesome really shocked me

10. Z-95

Z-95 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 24, 2000
    i never read any of the spoilers but i did watch the trailers. i guess it would be yoda getting hit with Force Lighting and Palpatine showing us his saber.

i still did not know that Sid was Palps or the other way around, and i wanted to see what happend and who uwas laughing and swinging that red saber, i guess in the end i finally found out who that guy was.

11. ishii255

ishii255 Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    my friend told me that it clearly states in the books that palpatine is vader's father. does this mean that in the movies that is true? or is my friend just bs-ing me.

12. Princess_Liar

Princess_Liar Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2001
    Nothing, I was spoiler-free when I saw it tonight. :D

13. RayCRP

RayCRP Jedi Youngling

Dec 24, 2004
    I wish I had not known about Anakin and the Younglings. It was still chilling to see it, but I knew it was coming, and I didn't feel the impact I should. My friend Caitlin, next to me, also knew about it (she asked me to read that part of the script to her before), so she wasn't too surprised either. But my friends Heather and Chris didn't know any spoilers, and they told me afterwards that once the raid on the temple started, and one Anakin entered the room of Younglings, they felt their hearts drop thinking "Oh no..." or "Oh my God..." in such a shocking manner. I think it would've had more of an impact on me if I hadn't expected it.

14. DarthSithLord

DarthSithLord Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2001
    I wished, that the spoilers included more accuracy, ROTS had the second or first least accurate spoilers.

What happened to the Saber clashing infront of Palpatine where you see Palpatine in the center of the scene?

There were some more, but Ive only seen it once... gotta see it again to confirm some things.

15. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    I'm glad I was told Plo Koon's line was cut before I saw movie.
    Because I would have gotten kicked out of the theater with what I would have done.

16. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    That Palpatine was Emperor Palpatine....Oh wait, I knew that! Oh, but some didn't..... ;)

Seriously, the worst spoiler I came across was that Anakin force choked Padmè. I wish I hadn't known that. I knew she would have to go, because she isn't in the OT. But, I wish I could've been surprised at the irony that the very person who pledged allegiance to save her was the one who killed her. Damn you, spoilers!

17. Meatypants

Meatypants Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    I'm honestly surprised there are people who didn't see Order 66 coming. I always thought it was fairly obvious in AOTC that the Clones would eventually be used for that purpose.

The padawan is right. ;)

Mace and the other Jedi leading around a dozen clones is just such an obvious image, once you think about it.

18. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001

That the trailer for Fantatic Four was awesome really shocked me

Heh. Someone shouted out a really sarcastic "That looks fantastic!" after that trailer screened.

I enjoyed that.

19. DARTH_CORLEONE

DARTH_CORLEONE Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    Palpatine and Sidious the same person.

20. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    I was actually mad that I knew what the opening shot for the movie was after seeing that German TV clip a few weeks ago. All things considered, I should be happy that was the extent of what I was spoiled.

21. mskeezer

mskeezer Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    Order 66. The Jappor Snippet. Vader/Sids on the deck of the Star Destroyer.

22. Tobie_Wan

Tobie_Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2002

I was predominantly spoiler free until I saw it and that helped my enjoyment of the film tremendously! I did know a little too much detail about how the Obi-Wan/Anakin duel ended and that was probably the biggest regret.

23. PolyesterBride

PolyesterBride Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    I was completely spoiled for the movie (I read the script on the Millenium Falcon boards), and I don't regret it. It was actually more fun for me to watch the events that I had only read about in script format come to "life" on screen.

24. Sate_Pestage

Sate_Pestage Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2001
    I was totally going to make a thread about this exact same thing.

For me, it would have to be anything and everything having to do with Anakin And Sids relationship; the Sids v Yoda and Vader v Obi duels.

But, knowing what I knew about the film, which was quite a lot, I was still toatlly blown away.

25. Boba_Fett_123

Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    I was mostly spoiler-free, and Mace going out the window was a HUGE shock. I was completely surprised when it happened, I just figured Sidious would kill him. The spousal abuse was a pretty big shock, as well.

The most heart-wrenching part of the film, the "immolation scene", I feel would have been far less effective if I had known about beforehand. Spoiler-free was definitely the way to go for this one, IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.