main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is the overall opinion of Darth Sidious now after watching ROTS?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by r8hitman, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blicknasty

blicknasty Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    Sidious has the laugh of a true villan.

2. cousinbasil

cousinbasil Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2005
    farrellg posted

It seems that reflecting lightning is what made people think the Emperor looks weaker.

But not by me.I think you brought up an excellent point [in the "weakening" of Vader thread] when you quoted George Lucas as saying that Sidious is the toughest. And then defining what the word tough means. Thats what I was repeatedly trying to grasp at[in the Yoda vs Sidious thread] Neither Mace Windu nor Yoda could stop Sidious by turning his lightning against him because Sidious is way tougher than they dared imagine.

When Windu deflects Sidious' lightning with his lightsaber you notice that Sidious easily withstands a sustained bombardment of lightning that must've been extra hot from touching the heat of the lightsaber. Instead of disintegrating he talks to Anakin using his kindly old Senator's voice trying to trick him into thinking he's helpless.And then he turns around and blasts Windu out the window like he's nothing. Weaker? I don't think so.

When Yoda blocked Sidious' lightning it continued to grow to such intensity that Yoda couldn't withstand the explosion and got blown away and fled in a weakened state.Instead of Sidious being blown to atoms he was merely staggered. A short scene later Sidious is standing on a senate pod ordering a search for Yoda. Certainly appears judging from his commanding, pumped,fist clenching, stance that Sidious wasn't slowed down by that explosion at all.Yoda was tough as Lucas says but Sidious proved to be tougher and toughest.

Sidious passed the resiliency test.
    Windu and Yoda despite giving their all failed.

3. TheDarkSideAreThey

TheDarkSideAreThey Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2004
    Sidious is as bad (as in good) as I thought he was going to be. I got my money's worth in the Sidious vs. Yoda battle, but we knew how it had to end. Palps had to get the best of Yoda, as well as everyone else who stood in his way. In the end, Palps was true to my perception of him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.