main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is the real Star Wars for you?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by _therebelforces_, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _therebelforces_

_therebelforces_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 2004
    What is the real Star Wars for you is it the movies is it the books is it just the OT or just the prequels?

For me it?s the OT novel and the EU after ROTJ. I respect the prequels but I believe in the OT and the EU. I remember the moment I made this decision to, it was when I was reading I, Jedi I just liked Stackpole?s idea of how the Jedi worked better than how it works in the prequels and I remember wandering if Stackpole was unhappy with the movies. Him and other authors of the EU where just pushed aside when the prequels where made. This turned me into a EU person.

Any one else has a moment like this where they kind of went one way or the other about Star Wars?

2. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
    i agree with you 100 percent. The EU authors were tossed aside and slapped in the face by Lucas with his prequels.
    I am completely EU, combined with OT. and not the OT special edition. Original OT. OOT :p

it was when i read Courtship of Princess Leia that i got into the EU, back in 4th grade. I am now a sophomore in college, and have been reading EU books constantly.
    So to me, the EU is more canon then the PT could ever be.

3. _therebelforces_

_therebelforces_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 2004
    I got so mad when the SE OT came out I refused to buy it till my old tapes fell apart:mad:.
    I wish you could get the OOT on DVD. :-B

4. GenOochy

GenOochy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 8, 2003
    Everything in the EU and the movies, that works together. Sorry, but the prequels overide the all comic books about Boba Fett, although that was pretty crummy thing to do.

But Comics, Movies(Even the Ewok ones), Cartoons and ofcourse, the Books are all part of the Star Wars universe..

5. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    A person who reads the EU he/she wants and likes the movies too.

6. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    It's all Star Wars for me, although I tend to think of the film saga as one big prelude for the EU.

7. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    For me, it's the original movies (Han shot first!) and the Bantam EU. The Del Rey stuff has been shuffled into my own personal infinities.

8. Jaina313

Jaina313 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    I agree with Gen0ochy. Prequels do, unfortunately, override the EU books. I'm also not into pre-ANH EU. I'm pretty primarily ROTJ-based.

The "real" Star Wars for me is Luke, Leia, and Han. And Chewie, C-3P0, and R2-D2. And unfortunately, through the years, these characters have faded into the back, or have taken quite a beating to that personality we saw in the OT.

9. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Everything I can think of. From KotOR all the way to Dark Nest, it's all SW and all canon (except Infinities/Tales), regardless of quality. Yes, GoDV etc. is canon.

10. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    The movies, first and foremost. Then, the Clone Wars and Cloak of Deception. And KOTOR because it's cool. Definitely not the post-ROTJ stuff. As far as I'm concerned, the story ends at ROTJ.

11. Traest_Krefey

Traest_Krefey Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2004
    Star Wars for me is EU. The prequels, well they are not that horrible but they destroyed many EU concepts plus there are many illogical things. But real SW for me is space battles. MC80's and 40's fighting ISD II's, X-Wing vs Tie-Fighter, A-Wing vs Tie-Interceptor, Golan Space Platforms, Coralskippers... etc.

12. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    MC40s? I wasn't aware of those. Do you mean MC90s?

13. peregrine

peregrine Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    There is also a MC40 class, they are light Mon Calamari cruisers.

14. Teneniel-Djo

Teneniel-Djo Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2004
    The OT and all of the post ROTJ EU.

Though I respect the Njo, I like some of it but dislike other bits.
    So it may as well fit into "my" SW canon.

The PT is mildly entertaing for the action value and as a novel I might accept it as my canon though the PT films well..... Bantha Poodoo :(

15. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    the Bantam EU. The Del Rey stuff has been shuffled into my own personal infinities.

Agreed, Striker! :) Execpt Ben, Ben stays. :D

I think a lot of what was in the EU before the PT came out can fit with a lot of creative working. Lots of the Clone Wars notions can easliy be thought of as misinformation on Palpatine's part.

As for Boba Fett, I haven't looked through his stuff so I really can't say how it would work, althrough, his name been Jaster or something could be Boda Fett sending out rumors to protect his identiy. :)

16. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    SW is SW.

(don't read the Infinities because I don't like the concept...not too keen on the Comics)

So books and games and movies = SW

~J.Sat - Mobster Kingpin~

17. Rogue9-Horn

Rogue9-Horn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    I'm mostly EU, I watch the prequals and I watched the SOT once(he screwed it up) the prequals kinda screw the books though, but I still favor the OT and the EU books to Prequals, not a huge comic fan either, but I read some of them, I still consider them SW

18. DarthShenobi

DarthShenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2004
    The real Star Wars to me is:
    The Original Trilogy
    The Prequel Trilogy
    The EU (PT, OT, Old Republic Era and games)

(In no specific order of most to least or anything)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.